• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Azure's Artwork

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Nah, I cropped her out of a pic I found on [PIVIX] a while back. Zelda is basically a much cooler version of Navi, with the name Zelda.

I "lol"ed at this. I noticed your recent work has been only re-colors. Ever try to make digital art? You know, with-out a pre-draw model?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It has been FOREVER since I posted some of my artwork here. I'll go ahead and reveal some artwork I did for my eleventh grade English class. Both are related to the book The Great Gatsby.

But first, I'd like to apologize about the awful quality. My camera sucks, and I can't turn off the flash, so naturally it reflected off the graphite a bit. And since I don't have a scanner, this is the only way I could upload them. ;^;

Ojwf

This first one was an assignment in which we had to show an example of a character and a quote that represents the materialistic American Dream. I chose Tom Buchanan and a quote of his from early in the book.

OjuX

This next one was the cover for an essay on one of the main themes behind the book. We had to pick one of three themes; I picked "Illusion vs Reality". The top half represents reality. It's of Nick Carraway (my rendition of him, anyway), and in the background is West Egg and East Egg. (In the book, it was called that. In real life, it'd be East Hampton and West Hampton, if I recall correctly. Also, yes I know I got the east and west directions backwards, I didn't notice until it was too late.)The shadows behind him represent shallow rich folks who are obsessed with material gain. The bottom half represents illusion. It's of (my rendition of) James Gatsby, and he's in his dream world with Daisy. (The girl behind him. Also my rendition of her.)

That black bar on the bottom right side is just where I edited out my name.

Alright, I hope you guys like these.

Oh. The Great Gatsby is a great book! I loved reading it! Glad you centered your artwork around it, Azure. Very effective contrast of not only East and West Eggs but also of the completely different realities Nick Carraway and Jay Gatsby partake in. Possibly this is a gross misinterpretation but when I first glanced at the bottom half of the picture it appeared as though Gatsby was in hell. But maybe that's just me. A broken heart is always the greatest sorrow.

Beeker

Wild Card
Absolutely love that cover art. It's an interesting way to show the differences between reality and illusion, and has really cool detail. <:

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
WHY DOES EVERYONE ELSE HAVE MORE TALENT THEN ME AT STUFF? :kawaii: Btw funny comic strip/picture/artwork is funny.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Thanks so much, guys! It means a lot! :) This next drawing is from an old art collaboration here at Zelda Dungeon, but I didn't have time to finish my part because of school. Here's what I had finished before resigned from the collab:
122tn

It's a steampunk-themed Zelda from Skyward Sword. I'd never done steampunk before, so I did the best I could. (I also didn't even meet the requirements. Little did I know, the drawing had to be full-body, and in color.)

Big Octo

=^)
Excellent work you have there, Azure. Keep up the work that makes me wish I was artistically talented. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom