• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers or Dark Knight Rises?

Which did you like more?

• Avengers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ganondork

goo
The Dark Knight Rises. Easily. Indeed, I enjoyed the Avengers' story - and of course it's great sense of humor - but The Dark Knight Rises is still superior. I was reluctant to see the Avengers to be honest. With that being said, I'm happy I saw it, but I went to The Dark Knight Rises at the midnight movie, after planning on doing so since the beginning of January. I've seen the movie twice, and I plan to see it a third time with a friend.

Let's begin with the first thing that was weighing on my mind the entire time; how hot some of these people are. I'm just going to say that there was only one girl on this list, too. I can only say that I'm straight, but here is a collage of some of the hottest people in the movie.

dark-knight-rises-batman-beard.jpg

He is, and always be, an entirely higher level of hotness with his mustache/beard combo. I actually let out a bit of a fan girl squeal when I first saw Wayne walk out in the beginning of the movie. The beard only added to how hot he was. I can't even stress how serious I am when I say all of this.

Anne%20Hathaway%20Catwoman%20The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%20new%20still.jpg

You are lying to yourself if you don't think Anne Hathaway was unbelievably attractive in the Dark Knight Rises. I never noticed this in previous films that she's been in, but it really stood out. Whether it's her revealing dress in the beginning of the movie, or the tight leather that she wears as Catwoman, she caught my eye much more than Talia Al Ghul's actress - whose name escapes my mind at the moment - did.

dark-knight-rises-bane-deta-570x271.jpg

I didn't even have to see ninety percent of Bane's face to think that this guy was pretty hot. Forget his face, he has pretty awesome muscles. This one is definitely more on the humorous side, but his voice compensated for any inferior physically attributes he may or may not have. His voice was just fantastic.

Now then, let's evaluate The Avengers' characters as well.

tumblr_m744phdylN1rqif7io9_500.jpg

This has to be one of the coolest costumes that I have ever seen worn in a Marvel/DC movie. I wasn't a huge Tom Hiddleston fan, even after seeing The Avengers, but Destiny finally drilled it into my head that I actually adore Loki very much. I'm not a big fan of his hair, but he has one of the best costumes I've ever seen, so that's definitely worth noting.

scarlett-johansson-black-widow-avengers.jpeg

Scarlett Johansson is amazingly attractive. There isn't much debate about it. Not even close. She was one of the reasons why I ended up seeing The Avengers, and in the end, it was very much worth deciding to see the movie. And not just because of her stunning looks.

avengers-captain-america1.jpg

Captain America is just hot. There isn't even much that needs to be said about that.

In the end, I like The Dark Knight Rises' characters in regards to their appearance. I'll cover the characters as a whole later on in this post.

With all of that being said, I was in love with The Dark Knight Rises' soundtrack from the moment I heard it. For one reason or another, it reminded me of Assassin's Creed soundtrack. For those of you who know me, that's an enormous deal, and that alone would get me to go and see a movie. The Avengers' soundtrack didn't really do anything for me; I can't say I even noticed it at all.

Now then, let's go to one of the more important aspects; story. I enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises' story very, very much. I felt like it talking about Ra's Al Ghul, and training all over again brought the movie back to its roots in Batman Begins - something that seemed to have been forgotten in The Dark Knight. Not bashing The Dark Knight - I adored that movie, too - but I thought that it was so cool to see the similarity between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises in the League of Shadows.

Avengers, on the other hand, didn't make much of an impression on me. I was more focused on the action that The Avengers seemed to be centered around - in my opinion, mind you - that the story was almost left behind. I wouldn't be surprised if there are plenty of people who disagree with me, but I just wasn't as into The Avengers' story as I was The Dark Knight Rises'.

Then let's get to the thing that both movies excel in - action. Both were great in this factor. Between the two movies' amazing action scenes, it's hard to pick a favorite for this. You have all of the characters in The Avengers not just fighting Loki and his forces, but among themselves as well. Between all of these fights, it was hard not to enjoy them. Although, it's definitely worth noting that I liked Thor and Iron Man's fight the best. That and the Hulk pummeling Loki. I still adore at the end of that scene,

The Hulk said:
Puny God.

And then we have The Dark Knight Rises. I've always loved Batman's combat over all of the other superheroes - he'll take on dozens of enemies, defeat all of them, and yet not take a single life. That takes not just ability, but also a very strong mind to be able to keep himself from killing, regardless of how angry he is, or how heated the situation is. Now, onto the actual action. The fights against Bane were worth waiting for - if "waiting" is the proper term to use when it comes to watching this fantastic movie. I also loved the scene after the robbery where Batman finally emerges from an eight year rest where he chases after all of the people on the motorcycles. The use of the Batpod was amazing when evading the police, especially. Despite all of this, though, I have to keep this one at a tie.

I'm aware that I covered how attractive some of the characters in The Dark Knight Rises are, but there's far more to it than just that. The Dark Knight Rises features my favorite Alfred of all time. He was such a great Alfred that, when I first saw The Dark Knight Rises, his speeches throughout the first hour of the movie nearly reduced me to tears - a feat previously reserved only for Assassin's Creed.

dark-knight-rises-michael-caine.jpg

Now, let's explore The Avengers' characters. Thor was his usual clueless self, which only made it amazingly humorous. But I still can't get over Captain America playing old video games while everyone else is discussing important matters; it makes me laugh every time. Iron Man was equally funny, asking Bruce Banner how he stayed calm, and asked if he used a "Big bag of weed." I think that most of The Avengers' characters are designed to be a mixture of amazing physical abilities and combat, while still being notoriously hilarious in between fights. With all of that being said, amazing characters with full development will beat out cheap laughs every time, giving The Dark Knight Rises the win once again.

I think that this thoroughly proves that I think that The Dark Knight Rises was a far better movie than The Avengers was. And this is for those who felt my explanation was tl;dr.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Alright, here it comes. Hollie's gigantic film geek rant.

I'm a massive fan of both movies, obviously. I just got around to seeing TDKR last night...

I walked out of the theatre sobbing hysterically, which attracted the stares of like 100 people.

There's just something about Chris Nolan (read as; my god)... his films always get me. The first two Batman films, Inception, oh god. The soundtrack (composed by Hans Zimmer, of course) was utterly brilliant and that was part of the reason I started bawling. I was on edge the entire movie because A) I get extremely attached to fictional characters and spend half my time worrying if they're gonna die and if they do I cry for weeks and :cool: I'm a diehard Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan and seeing him in this role (more on that later) made me really sexually frustrated. I mean W H A T

Some of my friends complain that the Batman movies were always so dark, but I really loved that because it makes everything so much more realistic. Like, (I don't really know this is hard to explain) there's just this feeling I get when I see a really good movie with brilliant acting, and cinematography, and soundtrack, and characters, and a story, and you can just feel the emotion in this movie, which I think was what brought me to (very loud, embarrassing) tears. Maybe it's a filmmaker thing (I should say aspiring filmmaker because I haven't really made any decent movies yet) but something about the way everything just fits together flawlessly to make this masterpiece gets me really, really, emotional. It really inspires me, and when I was watching it, I kept thinking "I wanna make movies like this." That, and Alfred, man. That guy is just...IDUFJ SUIFJ SUIFJPIR GSFYO EIJUP)S) B#B His scenes were some of the best in the movie. Especially the one near the ending...full on waterworks, man.

On the characters: Christian Bale proves once again that he is basically the perfect Batman. My favorite scenes with him were when he was in the prison, or with Catwoman (I SHIP THEM SO HARD OTP 5EVA) who was equally brilliant. She kicked some major arse. When he was rising from the prison pit, too, it's really symbolic, inspiring, almost magical in a way, and it's one of my favorite scenes from the entire movie. It reminds you that all hope is not lost, and you can rise from the ashes. My favorite character (personally) was John Blake, because as mentioned I have the biggest freaking crush on Joseph Gordon-Levitt and I'm so proud of him he's all grown up my precious bb I love you so

ANYWAY

he was just an awesome character, and when you kinda find out about his backstory it just makes you feel for him, like jeez, man. he kicked some ***, and the way he was being such a BAMF on the bridge, everything was just amazing. I guess I kinda identify with him, the way he always had faith in Batman even when it looked like they were all done for. I like to think like that, that there's somebody out there, some sort of hero who's gonna swoop in and save me. And of course, that bit at the ending, where he went into the batcave...Robin...I was freaking out. Big time.

I also adored the tie between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises. Bane was a brilliant villian, Tom Hardy was absolutely amazing and the football scene was one of the best. He was super strong, yeah, but he was smart, too, and lemme tell you, I loved the way he just sauntered around in his coat like "IDGAF". He proved himself more than a match for Batman, and when you find out about Talia Al Gul and their backstory together, it just makes me love him more. The plot twist was awesome. I wasn't expecting it at all, it totally threw me.

Overall, in my opinion TDKR was a spectacular masterpiece, with perfect characterization and acting, and basically everything.

Avengers is also brilliant, I got a pretty awesome movie high from that one too, although I wasn't as emotional with Avengers and I think that's solely because it's not as emotional a film as TDKR. While TDKR focuses more on the emotion and character development and plot, (not to say Avengers doesn't, but..) Avengers focuses more on the action, explosions, whoop-*** and whatnot. I still adore all the characters, ******wad Tony, the Hulk (who was played perfectly by Mark Ruffalo), adorable Thor, and of course Loki who we all know if the most perfect ever because Tom Hiddleston. Black Widow and Hawkeye- awesome additions. (JEREMY RENNER BUTT YES PLEASE). You gotta love all the actors. There is character development, for example with Steve, adjusting to the modern world, or pretty much everyone after the death of Coulson. Joss Whedon did a great job (I also worship him) and the soundtrack was also great. Assemble= greatest track. It definitely had more comical parts that TDKR, because the tone of it is more light-hearted in general. There's even a difference colour wise- most of the Batman movies use very neutral, dull colours, greys and blacks and beiges and what not while the Avengers had all the brightly coloured city lights and the costumes of the heroes and so on and so forth. Avengers had some brilliant montages and 3D effect especially, and there are some scenes that really get your emotions, like for example when Bruce and Tony are talking on the helicarrier, or basically any scene with Loki in it because Loki (more heart-wrenching if you've seen Thor.) And how can we forget Coulson? Avengers was incredibly epic, for sure, sticking all those superheroes together into one amazing movie. There's something really satisfying about watching them all duking it out with the Chitauri. It's almost hard to compare TDKR to the Avengers because while they're both superhero movies, they're both so completely different.

Overall to sum up this rant I would say that The Dark Knight Rises is the better film, but Avengers is maybe a more enjoyable one to watch. It all depends on who's watching it, but TDKR wins for me.

oh yeah.

DEATH, or EXILE?

Cillian Murphy, anyone?

I say the Dark Knight was better. One good thing about the Avengers is that the movie doesn't take itself to seriously. And the fact that they managed to pull of having Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, andThor (and some other Marvel nobodies) in the same movie without having it a complete mess is pretty mindblowing.

Last edited:

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I say the Dark Knight was better. One good thing about the Avengers is that the movie doesn't take itself to seriously. And the fact that they managed to pull of having Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, andThor (and some other Marvel nobodies) in the same movie without having it a complete mess is pretty mindblowing.

SOME OTHER MARVEL NOBODIES
tumblr_lxg41lQDIv1qliut2.gif

NO
HAWKEYE AND BLACK WIDOW AND COULSON ARE JUST AS MUCH AVENGERS AS THE REST OF THEM
#angryfangirlisangry

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
The Dark Knight rises interested me a lot more, as Batman is my favorite Superhero along with Spiderman (that new reboot with him sucked imo...) Honestly I only went to see Avengers because the Hulk was in it. Even though he wasn't in it that much, the scenes he were in paid off the whole film.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Dark Knight Rises was one of the best films I have seen. Not only did it niceley wrap up the events that happened in the other two films it was great on its own. The music was fantastic, probably my favourite from any film. The acting (I particularly enjoyed Tom Hardy as Bane) was exceptional, and the story had me interested from start to finish.
10/10 There is not a thing I would change about this movie and at nearly 3 hours long and still not having anything I disliked is an incredible feat for a movie.

The Avengers was a good film well above average, it was funny and was an action spectacle. I just enjoyed it less, it was not as much of a serious film, the soundtrack was not as good, it was mindless entertainment. When a film provides only mindless entertainment with a plot that is not so intriguing it is a lesser film than one that has all the action and has an intriguing plot.
9/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom