• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
James Cameron doesn't miss. His direction is consistently on par and without his multiple contributions to filmmaking none of today's mainstream films would be possible. Sure, maybe his stories are at times a little too inspired by others, but you only ever realize that after the credits roll. His films take us to another time and place, and we believe it till the very end.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm not particularly excited for the movie. I think the plot of the first one was discount Pocohantas. That said, James Cameron is definitely the master of special effects, so I expect this sequel to be a visual spectacle.
Same here. I'll still go and watch it, but I don't think the movie itself is gonna be the best I've ever seen.

The reason the first one felt so good at the time was that it felt amazing to watch it in the cinema! But after watching it at home later, it just doesn't give you the same feeling, and then you can really tell that it's just an okay movie plot wise.
It's a great and amazing event, but not so much when it's just a movie

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Yo! That movie was ****ing awesome. James Cameron is such a nature doc dad and I am all here for it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
The visuals and actors were epic but the story was kinda mediocre imo. The prequel story was more engaging
Nah, it was all great. A lot of tough themes threaded intricately through a story of a dysfunctional family made refugees.

Nah, it was all great. A lot of tough themes threaded intricately through a story of a dysfunctional family made refugees.

A lot of the same plot beats were repeated from the first movie. Humans invading Pandora, the same villain except his consciousness in an avatar this time around, literally the same music when those whales are killed as when the tree is attacked in the first movie, the death of a family member to motivate Sully. At least we got to see a new tribe in Pandora. That was interesting. And the family focus made me care more about the characters than in the first movie.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's just sort of... there.

The first Avatar movie just didn't really click with me. It felt old-fashioned with its white savior plot pulled straight from something like Dances With Wolves. I get that people like the special effects, but those just aren't enough to convince me that the film needed four (!) sequels. Doesn't help that James Cameron is just sort of an asshole.

I might check it out once it comes to streaming, but no sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom