• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
NEW AVATAR!

Nickelodeon has just greenlit a new animated series from Avatar: the Last Airbender creators Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. According to the network's president, Brown Johnson, the series-- currently titled The Legend of Korra-- will be expanding the mythology of the Avatar franchise, setting it roughly 70 years after the original show's events with a whole new cast of characters.
LegendOfKorra_press_1279735660-000.jpg

The Legend of Korra follows the adventures of a "passionate, rebellious and fearless" teenager from the Southern Water Tribe, a girl named Korra. Having already mastered three of the four elements (Earth, Water, and Fire), she seeks to master the final element of Air. Her travels eventually lead her to the metropolis of Republic City, an epicenter for the modern Avatar world. Although a thriving society of benders and non-benders alike, Republic City is also ridden with crime, including an anti-bending rebellion that is gaining momentum. Under the guidance of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training as she confronts the dangers ahead of her.

The Legend of Korra will be produced at Nickelodeon Animation Studios and is expected to begin airing sometime in 2011.
[Read more...]

Yay! This is exciting. Discuss!

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Wow you're far behind. It first aired in 2005, and finished last year.

In any case, this new series sounds awesome. It seems like it's going to have a darker, more mature feeling to it, which would be fun to see in the Avatar universe.

Thank you so much for posting this! Avatar is one of my favorite T.V. series of all time. I will be interesting with this plot that seems a little darker. But I hope that they still keep the humor of the original series. I do hope that at least one of the main characters is still alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom