• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avatar: The Last Airbender, who is your favorite character(s) and why?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'd have to say both Iroh and Zuko. I love Zuko's development as a character from Book 1 through Book 3.
Although I wish his redemption had taken place at the end of Book 2. It seemed pointless to have him redeem himself, only to have him fall back into the influence of Azula and do it all over again in Book 3.
I also really like Iroh's development,
becoming someone who abandons the cause of the Fire Nation because it conflicts with his convictions and instead comes to fight for what he believes in while supporting his nephew the entire time.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
yeah Iroh and Zuko, Zuko had such a great turn around that I kinda wish there was a couple more episodes that showed him interacting w/ the group towards the end, but what we got was still satisfying
and twilitfalchion basically hit the nail on the head w/ Iroh

I think Iroh & Zuko deserve all the love they get, but I'm going to go with Sokka.

His humour is what first got me interested in the show but I also like he's not just a comedy character.

From where he starts in the series to where he finished is a really entertaining progression & he has some really good focused episodes.

Water tribe Sokka.jpg

Good choices. I'll echo the Iroh and Zuko picks and throw Aang and Toph into the mix. The supporting cast is so strong that it's easy to forget about the main character himself but I really like the path Aang takes in finding a way to defeat Fire Lord Ozai without taking his life. It shows how he respects the peaceful legacy of the Air Benders. As for Toph, she's a total badass. I love that tournament where she's introduced, and then her creation of metal bending has some huge effects on the world of Avatar. I also think she's cute when she's together with Sokka.

Iroh and Toph for sure, was never a huge fan of Zuko even though I do agree that his storyline and development is definitely very good. I just love the combination of humor and seriousness that both Iroh and Toph bring, as well as Iroh's development along with Zuko.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom