• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avatar: Legend of Aang or Legend of Korra?

Which one do you prefer?

• Legend of Aang

• Legend of Korra

Results are only viewable after voting.
Personally I like both a lot for different reasons, but if you had to choose, which one do you think is better & why?

Avater Korra & Aang.jpg

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Legend of Aang. I vastly prefer the original series to Korra. Not because Korra is a bad series, but because in what I watched of Korra, I didn't like the change in tone and storylines that the sequel series was establishing. It didn't have that same magic that the original did for me personally.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I love both but it's really hard for me to choose between because I feel like Korra could have surpassed Avatar if it had gotten the same treatment. Nickelodeon refused to advertise or market for it, they cut its budget a handful of times, they forced the last two seasons onto their website for streaming only rather than airing on TV. All of that really hurt it and as amazing as Books 3 & 4 are, they were lacking in a lot of areas where character arcs could've been fleshed out even more, especially with Kuvira. The sequel comics are taking care of that and they are a must-read for anyone who wants to see Kuvira's character arc come to completion, but I rest my case; the show was done dirty and it didn't deserve it. If it was given the same opportunities as Avatar, I have no doubt it would've surpassed its predecessor.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
It’s going to I have to be the original for me. Korra just doesn’t have the same spark as Aang did. Sokka, Katara, Zuko, Iroh, Azula, Aang, the original just has so many more memorable characters to me, it makes me feel for the characters, especially Zuko, his past was so sad, I wanted to help him, and I don’t really feel that way for many shows. so the air bender just connects with me more. I love it. Both shows are good, but Aang is way better to me.

Goroganos

My top 3: TP, MM, SS
Definitely legend of Aang. First off, Legend of Korra didn't really feel the same. The Last Airbender had a lot of character development, and everything that happened had meaning for the characters as much as for the plot. Every character faced its own struggles, and it really helped make them feel real. Even the finale wasn't really centered on the action, it had meaning attached to it. All of this, I didn't find in the first 2 seasons of Legend of Korra (I quit at this point). The only character development was Korra's, and it wasn't very pleasant to watch for me. It really feels like they put more effort in the action and the fight scenes than in the actual plot or character development. Even the humor feels weird and out of place, wich is a huge contrast from Toph's blind jokes or Iroh... just being himself.

Also, I know this is less important, but there where a lot of inconsistencies with The Last Airbender, and that kind of thing really bothers me. Like a lot. For instance, 3 yo Korra bending 3 elements (whereas Aang was considered a prodigy for having all 4 of them at 12), the avatar state (established as being a defense mechanism that grants the avatar the power of all his previous incarnations) reduced to a mix of super sayan and Good VS Evil, flying bisons *existing*, portals to the spirit world, bloodbending at day, Bolin inventing lavabending (Roku did), the avatar's journey through the world to experience the philosophies of every nation being absent, Amon's chi blocking, and much more.

In conclusion, I'm not saying Legend of Korra is bad, it's just completely different from The Last Airbender, and it's definitely not the kind of show I can enjoy.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
avatar by a long shot, it was way more consistent and focused on the journey and the story it wanted to tell, whereas legend of korra was just all over the place and didn't have nearly as much memorable characters or events that avatar had

I do like legend of korra but I've only seen it once back when it originally aired, so I do want to rewatch it at some point

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Aang, by far, it built up the world, showed us oh so many troubles and problems that cropped up, hell it didn't shy away from any of the depressing stuff (Leaves from the Vine, Toph's family, Airbender Genocide, Azula's insecurities) whereas Korra.........It kinda glosses over stuff, so the main focus is rebuplic city, granted we had the Amon chapter and the Spirits chapter, but it kinda went flat for me after that, Like we saw something insteresting, the degredation and relegation to lower class of non benders and the injustices the spirits have dealt with and then It just got ignored soon as that season was done (for the most part)

And i'll be honest Korras a goddamned spoiled brat who got all the bending training she needed, literally had Bending masters at her beck n call to train her and just cuz Tenzin has some shiz he has to deal with NOPE SCREW THAT gotta go and leave the place that was there to protect her, literally......she annoyed me so damn much, most of the issues she deals with she just goes in guns blazing instead of looking for any other resolution and the damn talks come last.......if at all.

Aang all the way, the world was more fleshed out, more interesting characters and above all you got to see more of the people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom