• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Automatic Sailcloth

So I just got started playing SS, and I noticed that the sailcloth is automatic when landing or Skyloft on the ground, but not anywhere else. My question is, is this supposed to happen? If so, this is really annoying.

While I'm at it, another thing is that when you dive above Skyloft, the screen goes blank any you end up in a set spot all the time.

One more. When I go above a portal to the ground, I automatically fall.

With all three of these, Are they supposed to happen? If so, why is there an option of pressing B the activate the saicloth, or pressing down the go the the surface, if you don't need to press the buttons in the first place?

I need answers.

Thanks

I was a little disappointed with the automatic sail cloth as well. I wanted to see him smash into the ground and die haha. As for the auto drop to the locations I think it depends on how close you are to hole. It seemed when I was close to it, it automatically sent me in and when I was high above it, it gave me the option. Maybe I was imagining it, I'm not sure.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
The auto drop to the land below happens if you are really close to the hole. If you're higher up, you have the option to dive. I guess they just assume that you want to go down since you're close anyway.

There are many set spots in Skyloft, it just depends on which one you're the closet to while diving. Just dive from as high as you can go and move Link to the general area on where you wanna be.

The sailcloth...also disappointed me. With the exception of the surface world and Skyloft, you don't have to use it. But when you dive down, you have the option to use it. If you don't, however, it just activates itself. I hate that since I was really looking forward to Link always falling flat on his face (though he can fall on islands in the sky besides Skyloft itself, it would be funnier to have him fall on his face from a much farther distance.)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I noticed that too. I try to see if I can activate it at the last second, but when I press B, the sailcloth activates a split second before I press the button. I tried to land on that island floating above Skyloft, where the waterfall starts, but I end up away from there after the screen goes white to allow the game to load.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Hey, the Sailcloth might be automatic, but at least Nintendo was smart enough to put some sort of reason as to why it is...

... when you first enter Faron Woods, if you don't press B and the Sailcloth opens automatically, Fi, when she pops out, will say that she deployed the cloth so you wouldn't be injured from the fall (I'm paraphrasing, I don't remember what she actually said...)

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
I dont know if anyone else noticed this but it is like Link13 said, whenever i go to skyloft the loading time is just enough to annoy me. i want it to feel smooth like when jumping onto and off smaller islands. the loading time just bothers me if i am in a fast paced mood. I liked in the wind waker how the loading times were done on the sea and they were impossible for me to notice at first. it made the game super fun and smooth. i am not talking about the other loading times, just the one when going to and fro from skyloft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom