• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

August Featured Artwork

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
This months artwork update features another five great pieces from our friends at North Castle.

~ Zelda Fan Artwork ~
Zelda by CrazyFreak
Nayru by Kinsara
Memorize - Midna by Rebeca Orantes
Nabooru - Sage of Spirit by Serenity The Faierikin
Betrothed by Ingie

The 'Memorize - Midna' one is my personal favorite, but all five are quite well done. The artwork of Nabooru and 'Betrothed' are bit more... well, take a look for yourself. Still, both are done quite well. Which of the above pieces is your favorite one? Head on over to our Zelda Forums to voice your opinion.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I really like Kinsara's Nayru. I've seen many different representations of the Triforce Goddesses done - everyone brings a unique look to them, but I think this is the first depiction of Nayru that tributes her connection to the waters by making her Zora-like. It's really very cool.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
My favorite one is "Zelda" by CrazyFreak. It looks so interesting and very well drawn. I also like the flames in Nabooru, and Kinsara's Nayru drawing looks very unique and interesting. :) They're all good.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I really like the Memorize - Midna by Rebeca Orantes. I think it's excellently drawn and I LOVE the contrast between the hand drawn 'Midnas' and the computer animated back ground. My other personal favourite is Nayru. I like the take on it and I respect the artistic inspiration behind the picture which made Kinsara draw Nayru in that way. I like to see such adaptations as this where the face is almost completely imagined, and this is really something that I can actually picture the godess looking like.

I'm confused by the picture betrothed though. What is it supposed to like... be? Who is it supposed to be kissing? It's very well drawn, but I don't see the Zelda side to it. The only Zelda couples I can really think of who would perhaps fit this drawing are, firstly Anju and Kafei, and secondly the man and woman who you set up on windfall island (the woman with the kamino and the man with the elvis hair.) However, it is clear that it is neither of these. I don't really think that's a very Zelda styled picture at all.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The art is good again this month. I like the Memorize - Midna the best, since I like hand-drawn art. Zelda, Nabooru and Nayru are also very good. I'm not a fan of the romantic kissing art, so Betrothed is a bit meh. I don't understand the title either, I can't find the meaning in the dictionary :(

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
The art is good again this month. I like the Memorize - Midna the best, since I like hand-drawn art. Zelda, Nabooru and Nayru are also very good. I'm not a fan of the romantic kissing art, so Betrothed is a bit meh. I don't understand the title either, I can't find the meaning in the dictionary :(

Smitie, to be betrothed to someone is to be engaged to them. This means it makes even less sense in the world of Zelda to me. The only couple it would work with is Anju and Kafei, but this does not look like them at all.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Don't forget Honey and Darling. The annoying couple in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. They are so annoying with all their kissing. I'm guessing they're married or at least engaged. But yeah, the Betrothed picture is drawn well, but I don't like that kind of art, anyway.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"Bethrothed" is obviously Zelda and Link.

Whether it "fits" the Zelda universe or not depends upon whether or not you are into shipping. A lot of people are - This is the kind of stuff that makes up fanfiction and "outside the game" fanart, such as this one.

A great many people like the idea of Link and Zelda as a couple. It happens, deal with it (and if you are adverse to the "shippinig" thing, be glad you didn't see a fanart of Link and Dark Link kissing. Those exist, too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom