• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Attempt to Be the Largest Thread in DGN History

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Some pattern I discovered in 3rd grade... but I didn't write the formula for it until I learned more about variables in 6th grade:

x[sup]2[/sup] = y
(x + 1)(x - 1) = y - 1

So, for example...
if x = 6
6[sup]2[/sup] = 36
7 · 5 = 35, which is 36 - 1

There are a few other patterns I found later that go with this, but... I don't know them offhand. See, in third grade, we had these multiplication tables on popsicle sticks and masking tape, called "Multiplication Fences". I still have mine *is a packrat* so I could post a picture later.
Okay......I never learned that in 3rd grade

That's because I found it out on my own, while studying the multiplication table (lolz, now it's the Periodic Table. ;p). Considering they would be diagonal to the perfect squares... ;/

Anyways... my multiplication fence. :> 11 and 12 are on the back...
24q2xp0.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, c'mon. Really? Don't be saying that crap, joking or not, around here. It's really rude, and you're only making a fool of yourself. So please stop.

Haha! Cool Mandy! BTW, I've been meaning to ask you, what does your location mean? Like, I'm a n00b when it comes to the "ptote" so... yeah.

The location of Vanadium in the Periodic Table of the Elements. :yes:

I did...

I can spell Calculus with the Periodic Table, too... but I can't spell geometry. xP

Math was my favorite subject from first grade to 4th, but my interest in science begun picking up in second grade when I got into rocks and fossils, so it eventually passed math up. But they're still my favorite subjects~

Last edited:
I like English--well, I like correcting others' grammar, mostly. But I'm a pretty decent writer once I have an idea of what to write about...
History is probably my least-favorite, but it's not always boring, per sé... depending on the topic, it can actually be quite interesting... but I'd say I'm more of a math/science person.

My science teacher from last year, Mr. Socol, he was awesome. He didn't really teach us anything, but he had a bunch of science toys and stuff that we could play with during class. One of his most famous quotes is "Sorry don't feed the bulldog." Another one is " Hey buddy, your car's on fire.". I miss his class. :kawaii:

My science teacher's name from last year was Mrs. Boron. :yes: And her husband, Mr. Boron teaches chemistry at my school. =P I am really jealous of the sophomores taking chemistry this year--the reason for me being in biology this year is that my 7th grade English teacher had a specific preference for us to respond to extended answers on our Ohio Achievement Test, and I didn't like it, so I refused... so... I needed to get high scores on Math, Science (which I got on those two), and English--but I always get English teachers who hate me and don't recognize my abilities... I never misspell words, but I was stressed on day and misspelled "Wednesday" on a packet once, and she made me use it on a spelling test... Well, I didn't have to study for that word... ¬_¬

Oh, sorry... /rant

But don't get me wrong, I don't hate Biology--I love practically every science... I just like other sciences better... like chemistry.

Last edited:

Majora's Cat

How about that
Watching AGT, and I have to say I'm pretty mad. Team iLuminate, the one act that almost everyone regarded as the greatest act to ever step foot on the show, came in third place. Ah, America, how can you sleep at night knowing you let this happen?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Watching AGT, and I have to say I'm pretty mad. Team iLuminate, the one act that almost everyone regarded as the greatest act to ever step foot on the show, came in third place. Ah, America, how can you sleep at night knowing you let this happen?

AGT? So what does that stand for on TV nowadays?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom