• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Attempt to Be the Largest Thread in DGN History

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Hello my children, it's me, Cel-Shaded Deku. Tonight I'll be reading you a bed time story. Tonight's story is called "The Giant Robot Alligator versus Donkey Kong. PG-13. are you seated comfortably? Oh, put some pants on. Alright, like I just said, this is the story of a giant robot alligator and donkey fighting and stuff.

Once upon a time on a peacefull planet called Uranus a mad scientist built a secret laboratory miles below the surface of Uranus. This mad scientist was much smarter than the rest, his name is......... Albert Einstein. Albert was working on a secret project; A giant robot alligator that would destroy the world! When Albert finished his evil creation he programmed it to attack major cities. Many professionals were called in to try to stop the giant robot alligator. Ghost Busters, Samus Aran, Ash Ketchem, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hary Potter, Abraham Lincoln, Adolf Hitler, a Metapod, even Jesus mother f*cking Christ couldn't leave a dent! The last resourt was to hire Donkey Kong to stop the giant metal alligaror. The price was heafty, over nine THOUSAND bananas, but the lack of potassium in the diets of the people was worth it.

Donkey Kong knew that alligators, robotic or not, were immune to barrels. Drastic measures had to be taken. Donkey Kong thought of a new, non-violent, way to settle this: DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION! Donkey Kong heroically marched up to the giant robot alligator and proclaimed his challange, "Ohh ohh ahh ahh ahhhhh ahhh grahh ahh ahhh!!!" The giant robot alligator had no idea what Donkey Kong was saying so he guessed and happened to guess right. Off to the world's largest working Dance Dance Revolution game in the world!

Donkey Kong and the giant robot alligator each deposited a quarter in the machine. They both perfectly matched the moves of the girls in mini skirts for a whole day. They simotaniously collapsed from exhaustion, both with a perfect score of 456,710,299,350,001,371,602,983,589,274 3/4. After a short water break Donkey Kong and the giant robot alligator agreed on a new way to settle this dispute once and for all: Super Smash Brothers Brawl! For much of the rest of the day Donkey Kong and the giant robot alligator fought using every possible character comination but tied every single time! Eventually the console broke from the epicness of the whole scene. The next and final battle was the most EPIC game of rock paper sissors EVAH!!1! It could have been much more epic if they didn't throw rock every single freakin' time. So anyway, the game ended after 86,400 seconds but could have lasted longer but everyone was too busy watching Donkey Kong and the giant robot alligator dance, play SSBB, and play rock paper sissors to free the four giants. The moon fell and Majora consumed everything. what was left of the planet and moon became a parking lot for aliens many years later.

The end.

I hape you had a great time listening to my nonsense story, children. Come back... umm... in five months. I'll probably stop being lazy and write a new story by then.

Too long; didn't spell check.

Mmm...I liek this one. If you actually take 5 months to write the next one, I will sadfaec.

Well, I guess it's karma getting me there. Anybody know how to counter that?

And yeah, Josie, that sig is awesome.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Mmm...I liek this one. If you actually take 5 months to write the next one, I will sadfaec.

Well, I guess it's karma getting me there. Anybody know how to counter that?

I actually wrote several others but some I've already shared somewhere and many others are simply not good enough.

Anyway, a video.
[video=youtube;yzC4hFK5P3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yzC4hFK5P3g#![/video]

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I'm not being a fuddy-duddy, whatever the heck that means. It has messed up threads before.

Believe me, anybody who had the problem would tell you the same. I'm just trying to help.
A fuddy-duddy's someone who can't just let things go. And before you say anything, yes, I am a fuddy-duddy. :lol: That sounds funny... :xd:

Anyway, as long as the videos aren't wither really long or people post links, it doesn't screw with the thread. So...yeah.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
You guys just got me bored................I will never be happy because I got bored XD

Josie, the answer is here. This is much better than the psychology class.

Borebom isn't bad, it's what you do WHEN you're bored that makes or breaks the situation.

First, let's talk about what boredom is. Boredom is an emotional state experienced when an individual is without any work or is not interested in their surroundings. The first recorded use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852, in which it appears six times, although the expression to be a bore had been used in the sense of "to be tiresome or dull" since 1768. Boredom has been defined by C. D. Fisher in terms of its central psychological processes: “an unpleasant, transient affective state in which the individual feels a pervasive lack of interest in and difficulty concentrating on the current activity." M. R. Leary and others describe boredom as “an affective experience associated with cognitive attentional processes.” In positive psychology, boredom is described as a response to a moderate challenge for which the subject has more than enough skill.
300px-Challenge_vs_skill.svg.png

There are three types of boredom, all of which involve problems of engagement of attention. These include times when we are prevented from engaging in some wanted activity, when we are forced to engage in some unwanted activity, or when we are simply unable, for no apparent reason, to maintain engagement in any activity or spectacle. Boredom proneness is a tendency to experience boredom of all types. This is typically assessed by the Boredom Proneness Scale. Consistent with the definition provided above, recent research has found that boredom proneness is clearly and consistently associated with failures of attention. Boredom and boredom proneness are both theoretically and empirically linked to depression and depressive symptoms. Nonetheless, boredom proneness has been found to be as strongly correlated with attentional lapses as with depression. Although boredom is often viewed as a trivial and mild irritant, proneness to boredom has been linked to a very diverse range of possible psychological, physical, educational, and social problems.
Although it has not been widely studied, research on boredom suggests that boredom is a major factor impacting diverse areas of a person's life. People ranked low on a boredom-proneness scale were found to have better performance in a wide variety of aspects of their lives, including career, education, and autonomy. Boredom can be a symptom of clinical depression. Boredom can be a form of learned helplessness, a phenomenon closely related to depression. Some philosophies of parenting propose that if children are raised in an environment devoid of stimuli, and are not allowed or encouraged to interact with their environment, they will fail to develop the mental capacities to do so.

In a learning environment, a common cause of boredom is lack of understanding; for instance, if one is not following or connecting to the material in a class or lecture, it will usually seem boring. However, the opposite can also be true; something that is too easily understood, simple or transparent, can also be boring. Boredom is often inversely related to learning, and in school it may be a sign that a student is not challenged enough, or too challenged. An activity that is predictable to the students is likely to bore them.
A study of 1989 indicated that an individual's impression of boredom may be influenced by the individual's degree of attention, as a higher acoustic level of distraction from the environment correlated with higher reportings of boredom.
Boredom has been studied as being related to drug abuse among teens. Boredom has been proposed as a cause of pathological gambling behavior. A study found results consistent with the hypothesis that pathological gamblers seek stimulation to avoid states of boredom and depression.

So, that being said, do you REALLY think you're bored? There's always something you can do, so go out there and make the best of everything.

A long post by The Mastah. Words of wisdom, IMHO.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
A long post by The Mastah. Words of wisdom, IMHO.
That just goes on to show how brilliant that post is. They say the sign of a genius is when nobody undertsands what he says!!!!!!!! YAYZ
Wow Sink, thanks, for both quoting me and calling me "Mastah"... it took, like, a half hour to write that, and another 20 minutes finding that picture... :lol:

So yeah, thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom