• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Attempt to Be the Largest Thread in DGN History

Naga

MUSICALITY!
i am going to rant right now:

the summer after 6th grade, i was so sure that i would be free untill the next school year and not have to do the summer reading progects or anything cause there had been absolutely positively no mention of it whatsoever by any teacher and there werent any papers given out or anything, but then i got a text in the middle of break from my friend saying "what book are you reading for the summer reading project?"
Apparently on the district website, there had been all of the 6th-7th summer reading information up since the first day of school. the teachers tell us that we should be checking the class pages at least once a week because it has now almost completely replaced the handouts because the idiots in charge of the school district have decided that the district is "going green" by not handing out the papers. they figure that they will save soo many trees by making everything online that it wont matter if its their fault that students dont know about the progect. the frequency that the website is visited defeats the purpose of going green cause of the energy use. the district idiots dont even know for sure if all of the students have a kind of internet acess in their homes!
i just finished the book the book and i printed out the reading log, and it says "Before Reading- Choose two of the following questions to respond to in your log". i started really getting into reading in 4th grade, and my mind has evolved to read books in a specific way:get the book, then read right through it. half the stuff this log thing is asking me to do completely violates the way i read books, and to me its like asking me to to change the way i breathe.

id seriously love to take out my anger by killing Ganondorf in TP again but i cant play zelda untill i finish my project so for now i have to settle with madly shaking the back of the swivel chair.

If students don't have internet at home they can go to a library. There are plenty of ways to access the web without even owning a computer. Plus I doubt the energy use to go to the website outweighs the energy and physical resources used to make paper. Just remember, once you hit college this is 100% the norm. You will be expected to know these things without being told. In college the idea is it's on you to know what you have to do not so much the instructor beyond what's outlined on the syllabus etc.

Naga

MUSICALITY!
If students don't have internet at home they can go to a library. There are plenty of ways to access the web without even owning a computer. Plus I doubt the energy use to go to the website outweighs the energy and physical resources used to make paper. Just remember, once you hit college this is 100% the norm. You will be expected to know these things without being told. In college the idea is it's on you to know what you have to do not so much the instructor beyond what's outlined on the syllabus etc.
I'm not going into college yet. I'm only going into 8th grade. And paper handouts are so much easier cause it takes hours to find one little bit of info in the website organized by idiots. If my teachers could hand out an extra sheet of paper without getting on probation the world would be a better place. last summer was my first summer in middle school, so I figured "new school, no reports". It's not like it would kill the teachers to tell us about a summer reading project.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Building_rectangle_animation_250px_looped.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom