• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Attachments to Animals

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like three days ago, we got another freaking dog. Worst type ever: chihuahua. Anyway, my dad and rest of my family are treating it like it's family, but all i see is a "dumb dog". What I'm getting at is that I cannot get attached to this thing. I don't like the dog type, I don't enjoy having it chase me down everytime I step outside, and I'm basically just cold.

I wasn't always like this, though. I loved my pet ducks even though I strangled one of them to death (this is a real story). I loved like all four my turtles even though one ran away and the other three escaped. I loved my two pet frogs but they died later on :( Hell I even loved my pet fish that I later fed to my painted turtle. Oh, and I had like two hugeass dogs that I super huggled before.

Do you have any attachments to animals? Do you have any ill will directed towards a pet of yours or some shizzle?

Salem

SICK
I don't get attached to pet animals easily, which is not to say I hate animals or anything, I like animals in general(with exceptions like hippos...).

Although about a year ago, we got a cat, it's really adorable, it actually belongs to my sis but now everyone likes her.

We used to own a duck and a few turtles....

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I haven't really had a lot of pets, but I've loved the ones we've had, even when they've annoyed me (like our budgie who would make a racket a lot of the time). I've had a couple of budgies and a hamster that have been mine (or well my parents/siblings, but partly mine), I've been attached to my aunt's dogs, I adore my sister's cat, even though the thing is skittish towards adults and almost never let me pet her. I love cats in general and would gladly cuddle up with them for hours upon hours if they let me, lol

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
I cried when my guinea pig died, but that was like 10 years ago. I haven't had a pet since and really am not bothered, it's just another hassle in life having to feed, groom, care, clean, blah bleeushshssh. Effort.

Ventus said:
I loved my pet ducks even though I strangled one of them to death (this is a real story)

o_O

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I have a pretty big attachment to my cat... that's because she's the only one living with me lol. So it's pretty much me and her against the world lol. I love her to tears.. even though she makes me want to pull my hair out!! I still love her.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I used to have two cats when I was little that I was pretty attached to for a while. Then they got old and my grandma put them in our basement and I kind of forgot about them until she had to have them put down. Now, I have two dogs (a German shepherd female and a black lab male) and they're like my babies. I literally call them "baby." Who cares if they have actual names, none of my family actually uses their names. My dogs sleep on our couches at night or on my mom's bed. My mom talks to them a lot and even dances with them (which I'm still emotionally scarred from witnessing). I love my dogs a lot, and I can't imagine my life without them, even though I know their lifespans are significantly shorter than those of humans. In fact, chances are my dogs will die while I'm away at college. Hopefully I'll be too engrossed in life by then and it won't hurt too bad because I know if it happened now I'd probably cry for hours.

My labrador almost died last year when he was hit by a minivan (at 1:00 am!). He was in excruciating pain and cried the whole night. I didn't sleep at all. The next two days, he would be acting normal for a while until he'd change position and then he'd cry out. This would happen about every ten minutes. It was heartbreaking. I was totally prepared to lose him, but thanks to the good doctors at the vet we took him to the following day, he made it out all right. Now he's sleeping on the couch across from me.

Sometimes I get more attached to animals than I do people tbh.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Growing up on a farm, I was taught to not get so attached to animals, as we would butcher animals such as cattle, pigs, and chickens for meat. I still love my pets, like my dog, though I accept the fact that they won't be here forever.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They say animal abuse at a young age is a sign of a future serial killer.
It actually abused me. I was three years old and it scratched me in...places. How? I have no idea. Ask its webbed feet. If someone abuses me, they're gonna get it. Of course, nowadays I just call the cops on them but back then I was quite violent as I had speech impairments. ;p

I'm not a fan of completely mindless animals like Hamsters or Fish. I just don't see the appeal of having a pet that does nothing and can't even react to its name being called.
Hamsters aren't mindless, they aren't as versatile as a dog but they are quite the pet anyway. Kind of like a turtle only...furry.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I get VERY attached to all of the animals I encounter, but more specifically I get very attached to cats. I've been surrounded by felines my entire life, and I've been incredibly attached to all of them. I remember when I was heartbroken that my mom gave away my favorite cat, but then realized she gave the wrong one away. I still hold a grudge about that to this day, but not so strongly as I did before.

I despise when the attachments with my cats are severed. I know I sound like a crazy old cat lady, but they're really all I have. Computers, gaming consoles, televisions -- they're all nothing compared to a feline companion. Fast forward to the present, and I currently have two cats, both of whom I love dearly. My one cat, Lucy and I have a really strong bond. I'm not sure why we do, but she's simply very friendly towards me. My other cat, Roxy, isn't as friendly. Sometimes I think about the one day they won't be around anymore and I just cry. They mean the world to me, and the last thing I ever want to do is let them go.

On another note, I've never really had any negative feelings for any of my pets. In fact, I often suffocate them to the point where they have negative feelings towards me. I know it sounds a bit desperate that I do that, but I've never really learned how to treat pets... properly? Errr, maybe love them properly is a better way to put it. Anyways, there are times where I may get angry at my pets, but it never lasts long. I typically forgot about whatever they did within an hour or two.

TL; DR, I have strong attachments towards animals -- specifically my pets.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have a calico cat, but I am not that attached to it. I feed it and all, and caress it every once in a while, but not that attached to it. Unlike my brother, who has several dogs...he's absolutely attached to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom