• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda At What Point Did You Feel The Most Powerful?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm gonna come straight out and say that us, as in Link, never get that feeling of complete power, in my opinion anyway. Now the reason for this is because Link is generally underrated and a humble hero who is always the underdog set to overcome the greatest tasks in all of Hyrule.

However there have been a few stand out moments in my eyes when I actually felt really powerful when controlling Link, maybe not to the extent of a superhero figure but still powerful to an extent

So I raise the question; At what point did you feel the most powerful within the series?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
For me, it's always at the end of the game. A good example of this is at the end of Skyward Sword when Link confronts the Horde and Ghirahim. He fights through all those monsters and still has the energy for a boss battle. That's pretty impressive. That was one of the moments in the series where I felt most powerful when controlling Link.

bunny

birb overlord
Pretty much anytime I am fighting enemies and I'm kicking butt, which is all the time. :rolleyes:

But seriously, when I'm taking on a boss and I'm seriously winning, I feel like a freaking ninja or something. A specific moment would be at the end of Twilight Princess. My first few playthroughs, I had a bit of trouble defeating Ganondorf. I think it was on my third playthrough that I absolutely kicked his butt. It probably only took me about 7 minutes to beat all four stages of the whole battle. I've had similar moments in The Wind Waker, and in Skyward Sword with the final bosses, as well. Those moments are when I've felt most powerful.

While it feels pretty good to easily defeat the supposedly most difficult creature in the game, it does become tedious after awhile. I think I would probably feel like I accomplished more if the fight was actually a challenge.

Last edited:

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I agree with Azure Sage, the ending of Skyward Sword is crazy powerful! Those powered up Skyward Strikes and that final final blow... Just epic.

ILU

i luv u
In OoT when I got the Golden Gauntlets and lifted that humongous rock and threw it. Felt like freakin' Super Saiyan Link!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Anytime you do the fatal blow, especially in SS.... STAB... Backflip away... Casually continue as if nothing happened. Badass!

Also when you use Din's Fire as an adult and Link's like yaaaaaaa. HEYAAAAAAAA. And then out explodes an enormous circle of fire! *beats chest like King Kong*

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I felt genuinely overpowered in A Link to the Past and Skyward Sword; the former because Golden Sword at Ganon is nothing more than a cake walk, and the latter because the entire game is...just a muscle game.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
In Ocarina of Time when you get the golden gauntlets and throw giant rocks.

I was like "I am god now! Come at me, Ganondorf, I'll just throw you out the window into the lava pit".

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
End of OoT, you just got the golden gaunlets you throw giant pillars, you get to gannon and take him down a notch, survive a falling building, and face him down for a final battle each of you wielding the power of the gods themselves in a duel to the death. Oh and you're surrounded by a ring of fire thats cool too.

Its hard to top that.

Clank

Hmm
After finishing the Cave of Ordeals, the Ganondorf battle was a piece of cake...

Last edited:

Skittles

Rainbows!
While replaying (or playing) OoT 3D and realizing all those bosses and dungeons that gave my problems as a kid don't give me the same problems any more. I'm better, stronger, and faster now. It's like going into the future seven years or something...(which was my original moment, btw)

Also, when the King of Red Lions calls Link "the Hero of Winds" right before you go to confront Ganon. It was something you earned, not something that was destined to happen like with OoT Link and all the others. There's just something about his determination that made me feel powerful...;)

(Also, slicing glass and breaking boxes. Those too...) xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom