• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

At What Age Did You Begin To Show an Interest in Gaming

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
An interest, very early on, but longer before I started to play them. When I was born my brothers would play games all the time. Growing up we never really had multiple consoles or anything. We had 1 TV with a PS1 and N64 hooked up it, so we'd all sit around and watch and play together, since we had to, so I was watching them play games at a very young age. I remember watching them play Resident Evil 1 and then they pretended to be zombies and I cried. :(

But yeah, that was what piqued my interest. And naturally as I grew older I picked up the controller a bit, and a bit more, and then started to play my own games (first one was Half Life). And, yeah, kept snowballing till I loved games!

Dan

I started at the age of 2, my first gamer console was a Sega Megadrive/Genises. The first games I had on it were Sonic the hedgehog 1 and 2, I loved playing it and I can still remember the days I actually found the game a challenge, I remember waking up at 5am once and completing labyrinth zone for the first time, I was shocked back then. ;p

I started gaming at a young age. My neighbors had a NES, which was newly released, and I would play with them. Then my parents bought us a Sega Master System. So, I was probably about 6 - 7 years old when I really started gaming. I also was crazy about Carmen San Diego and Oregon Trail on old school Apple computers.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Age 10. It was when I moved back to my old house and played OoT for the first time. I actually sound recorded my game playing, and have that tape somewhere.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I would say age 6 or 7 when my uncle had this game computer and Pong and Air Hockey were part of it. I never have been a very active gamer though but it was a great way to pass time

I had to have been at least three years old. My older siblings were children of an era in which games such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros., and The Legend of Zelda reigned supreme in the gaming world, and I would watch them play. I was not able to play very well myself, however; a testament to this is my death count in the original Super Mario Bros. games. It wasn't until I started playing Zelda—A Link to the Past, to be exact—that I actually started to get anywhere gaming-wise.

My interest in gaming, believe it or not, didn't actually pick up full steam until I was, like, ten. Before then, I moved so much that establishing my gaming habits proved quite difficult. When I finally attained some stability, I had begun amassing a crapton of games (N64 saga ftw). A remnant of the past in the form of my love for fighting games had also been rekindled during this time period. And thus my pilgrimage to becoming a gamer had been complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom