• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Assign Each Zelda Game to a Tier

So I saw this idea and I thought you guys might like it here, I don't think it has been done but forgive me if it has.

Holy Tier -
Awesome Tier -
Great Tier -
Good Tier -
Meh Tier-

I've only played three Zelda games so far (I'm on TP and I'm going to start Zelda I and II when I'm done) so I don't think I can properly contribute to this.
Add or subtract tiers as you see fit.

Holy Tier-Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, Skyward Sword
Awesome Tier-A Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, The Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks
Great Tier-The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Adventure of Link, Phantom Hourglass
Good Tier-Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages
Meh Tier-Nonexistent for a Zelda Game

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Holy Tier -Zelda CDI...truly an under appreciated game. The best in the series!!!! bwahahaha JK! For reals- Majora's Mask (Sidequests and emotional content...plus I enjoyed stalking the habitants of Clocktown to learn their schedules)

Awesome Tier -Ocarina of Time (needs no explanation) & Skyward Sword (I thoroughly enjoyed Ghrirahim, Skyloft, the storyline, and creative ways to return back to areas (flooded forest, volcano eruption, etc.)

Great Tier - Link's Awakening (LOVE the trading sequence, cute characters and dialog, awesome twist at end and story) & Original Legend of Zelda- where it all started! Twilight Princess (Midna is prob. one of my all time favs)

Good Tier - Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Oracles, and Adventures of Link.

Meh Tier- I really don't feel any Zelda game ever deserves a "meh". They are all wonderful in their own ways. Some more than others!

very cool thread!

ah, this could be fun.

Meh tier - Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Adventure of Link

Good tier - Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword, Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures

Great tier - Link's Awakening

Awesome tier - A Link to the Past, Twilight Princess

Holy tier - Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Holy Tier-Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, Majora's Mask
Awesome Tier-A Link to the Past, Phantom Hourglass,
Great Tier-The Legend of Zelda, The Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword
Good Tier-Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Twilight Princess
Meh Tier-Adventure of Link

Nicole

luke is my wife
Holy Tier - Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker
Awesome Tier - Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time
Great Tier - Oracle of Ages, Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks
Good Tier - Oracle of Seasons, Phantom Hourglass, The Minish Cap
Meh Tier - The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link

Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker are easily my two favorite Zelda games, and they're on a tier all their own.

I didn't like Skyward Sword as much as many people did, but I still liked it quite a lot. Similarly, I don't see Ocarina of Time as the best Zelda game ever, but I still fully enjoyed it.

I love Oracle of Ages. I grew up taking that game EVERYWHERE on my Gameboy. It's really grown to be one of my favorite handhelds. I actually really liked Spirit Tracks. I liked the train aspect because it was refreshing for me (considering I played ST before PH) but the plot was kinda messed up to me. Majora's Mask was also really fun, but got majorly stressful because I couldn't save often. I get really neurotic about saving, and MM does not feature wonderful save mechanics.

My "good" tier is still pretty great, but I had to put these in the good tier to show some separation. MC is great as a unique handheld. Oracle of Seasons I haven't played a lot of in a while, and I always seemed to prefer OoA. PH was just alright, but better than the two on my "Meh" tier.

I have not played a lot of The Legend of Zelda, but only because it's almost physically impossibly for me to do so. For some obscene reason, I always get a massive migraine whenever I try to play the original LoZ to the point where I have to stop playing. I think AoL would be a cool game if not for its difficultly.

I haven't played much of A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening, so it would be unfair to rate them.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Holy Tier: Majora's Mask
Awesome Tier: Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, Link's Awakening
Great Tier: Twilight Princess, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda, Spirit Tracks
Good Tier: Skyward Sword, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Phantom Hourglass
Meh Tier: The Adventure of Link

Most of these are pretty rigid in their placement; Minish Cap could occasionally drop down into the Great Tier, and Skyward Sword could occasionally drop down into the Meh Tier. Other than that, I think these are all pretty solid placements.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
Holy Tier- Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask
Awesome Tier- Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past
Great Tier- The Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, Skyward Sword
Good Tier- The Adventure of Link, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Phantom Hourglass, Twilight Princess
Meh Tier- Spirit Tracks
Crap Tier- The CD-I titles (though I'd add these in)

OP, get to work and start playing moar Zelda, you'll thank yourself for it.

OP, get to work and start playing moar Zelda, you'll thank yourself for it.

I'm trying to get my hands on as many titles as I can, but some are hard to come by.
I have Ocarina of Time/Master Quest for and the Collectors edition, which has Oot, MM, Zelda I and II all for GC. I'm playing TP right now, and I'm trying to find WW and ALttP, but they're both rare, and I'll get SS around Christmas. I'll have to emulate the handheld titles, as I won't be able to track all the handhelds and games down. Buttttttttttttttt if I win the 3DS in the ZD contest.... :D
Seriously though, I'll have to emulate them.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Holy Tier - Twilight Princess
Awesome Tier - Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker
Great Tier - A Link to the Past, Four Swords Adventures
Good Tier - Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda
Meh Tier - Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Of the the ones I've played:

Holy Tier- Ocarina of Time,

Awesome Tier- Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past,

Great Tier- Skyward Sword, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess

Good Tier- Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass, Legend of Zelda

Meh Tier- Oracle of Seasons

Mind these are only of the games I played, all were great games, but Oracle of Seasons didn't really do the same as the others for me.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Holy Tier - Majora's Mask
Awesome Tier - Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword
Great Tier - A Link to the Past, The Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, The Minish Cap
Good Tier - Spirit Tracks
Meh Tier- Phantom Hourglass

This tier list is pretty much completely based off how much fun I have in a given game. The higher the tier the game is placed on the more fun factor and replay-ability it has for me. Towards the bottom are games that felt a bit like a chore to play, although I would never say that when describing a Zelda game.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Holy Tier - Wind Waker,Majoras Mask
Awesome Tier - Twilight Princess,Minish Cap
Great Tier - SKyward Sword,Ocarina of Time,Link to the Past,Awakening
Good Tier - NES Zeldas
Meh Tier -.....Crossbow Training?

have not played oracles or the DS titles,so I can't rate them

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I'm trying to get my hands on as many titles as I can, but some are hard to come by.
I have Ocarina of Time/Master Quest for and the Collectors edition, which has Oot, MM, Zelda I and II all for GC. I'm playing TP right now, and I'm trying to find WW and ALttP, but they're both rare, and I'll get SS around Christmas. I'll have to emulate the handheld titles, as I won't be able to track all the handhelds and games down. Buttttttttttttttt if I win the 3DS in the ZD contest.... :D
Seriously though, I'll have to emulate them.

I don't think WW is that hard to find, and the GBA version of ALttP is pretty easy to find as well; you'll still be likely to find both at your local game store. The earlier handheld titles can be kind of hard to find though; I was lucky enough to pick up the Oracle titles at a vintage game store a while back.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Holy tier- Wind Waker, A Link to the Past, Twilight Princess
Great tier- Skyward Sword, Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time
Good tier- Spirit Tracks, Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass, Majora's Mask
Meh tier- Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Ages/ Seasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom