• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
1583737396426.png

If you you were gaming back in the early years of the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, you've probably heard of Assassin's Creed. Whether or not you caught it during the early days when it was actually about an order of assassins, or jumped into it later when assassinating things was just vehicle with which to carry the RPG elements of later games, the Ass Creed series has survived nearly three console generations. It's graced everything, from the Xbox 360 to the Wii U, from the Playstation Vita to the Nintendo DS. In spite of gripes about repetition early midway into its life, it has persisted.

What do you guys think about the series? I've been an on and off fan ever since the first game released for the Xbox 360, so I've been there through the ups and downs. More recently, I've become a huge fan of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Ironically, I've come to enjoy Ass Creed the moment it stopped being about the assassins. Ass Creed Odyssey is an RPG on the scale of the Witcher, complete with a plethora of surprisingly meaty sidequests and and a hefty dosage of leveling. While I know it's not what everyone wanted from Ass Creed, it quickly became my favorite game in the series and one of my favorite games of 2018/2019.

What do you guys think about the series? If you were a fan and fell out with it, where did you lose interest? Were you a cool gamer sitting off to the side and mocking them uncool trend gamers? What are your thoughts?

Much like Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter, I've tried more than enough times with Ass Creed.

I played the first one and didn't like it.
I played the third one and didn't like it.
I played the British one and didn't like it.

I eventually played Black Flag and didn't like it.

Then I played Odyssey and didn't like it.

I just seem to not like the series. I don't like the combat, the free running system never really felt free to me, I hate all of the tailing missions and I hate the amount of constant repetitive busy work.

I also never felt invested in any of the characters or the stories.

I also didn't appreciate the constant bugs.

Five times I've tried. Unless they make a Fuedal Japan one that actually looks good I'm not going to try again.

I'll just stick with the PS2 Prince of Persia trilogy.

Last edited:

Quin

Disaster Master
2 and 4 are fine games, especially 4 is one of the best pirate themed games out there. Too bad the quality plummets whenever you get on land.
The newer ones look alright I guess but they are riddled with Ubisofts trademark scum practices like having to pay to actually get a decent leveling system, so I'm not paying any kind of money for them.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
2 and 4 are fine games, especially 4 is one of the best pirate themed games out there. Too bad the quality plummets whenever you get on land.
The newer ones look alright I guess but they are riddled with Ubisofts trademark scum practices like having to pay to actually get a decent leveling system, so I'm not paying any kind of money for them.

I can't speak for other people, but I didn't have any issues with Odyssey's leveling pace. Maybe it's my tendency to focus on sidequests and run around exploring and ass-assing people in random forts, but I was always leveled enough to tackle everything.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I played the one on Xbox 360 and couldnt rescue the dad i got stuck so i didnt go back to it and i watch the film it was confusin this was way easier to make sense of...

Last edited:

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Assassin's Creed II will always be special to me due to it being one of the very first HD games I ever played. That game blew me away with it's scope and graphics.

But yeah, it aged like milk.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The last few games killed my love of the series.

Making the Hidden Blade not a guaranteed kill and turning the game into a generic action game is such a misunderstanding of why the games were popular in the first place. It's a slog, and not a fun one.

Additionally, starting with Origins, they implemented new DRM on PC, where the DRM software would run inside a virtual machine and murder your processor. I have a pretty beefy computer, and my cor temperatures were reaching 95-98 C. I promptly refunded the game after than and haven't looked back.

Now that I have a PS4 I could probably go back and play them now, but since the gameplay is so different (and full of Ubisoft rat****ery) there's no real reason to.

Anyhow Black Flag is the best game in the series (but had the literal worst Modern-Day segments) and we need a similar pirate game for the modern generation a la Red Dead Redemption II.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I've played a good chunk of the AC games (I, II, Revelations, III, Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate), and will be getting around to playing Origins and Odyssey in the summer most likely. I got into the series a couple years after II had come out, and I've enjoyed the games to varying degrees, with Black Flag being my favorite and Unity being my least favorite, and also managed to not beat Revelations despite only being an hour away from the end until last year (which is more of a "lost interest, moved onto something else, forgot about finishing it" thing). The yearly releases ended up killing my interest in the series for awhile just because it felt hard to keep up, though going through Rogue/Unity/Syndicate within the past year has gotten me more interested in the series again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom