• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Assassin's Creed

There are legions of fans following the franchise here so you're bound to get better replies soon as I have never played an entry in the franchise although it catches my eye.

For story, it's obviously wiser to play the original first but in terms of critical acclaim, II is often upheld higher. If you're in it for the characters and plot go with I and if you want the better game, pushing aspects such as story aside, II.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
It's amazing. I reccomend starting with I, but II is the best in my opinon so it doesn't matter much. You could play I as a prequel after you play II, that's what I did.

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
In my opinion, You should go with AC2. Or if you want a shorter AC game go with AC:Revelations. Anyways, Go with number 2 it is less "Boring" plus you get more time as the assassin! Ezio Auditore!

R

Red Waffles

I thought 1was the worst entry in the series so I think you should start with 2 since it has two sequels and you can understand pretty much everything.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
It's very lame to start with II, it's like you don't even care for the story. Assassin's Creed I is what made the series, therefore start with that one and move on into the rest. It really makes you appreciate Altair when you move on into II. Assassin's Creed I is not a bad game. It's a good starting point. Warm up to the series and see where the story goes. The objective of the game is repetitive, but that's not much of a problem because the gameplay is fresh and hard to get sick of. Of course sequels are better, isn't that sort of the point beside the continuation of the story? If you're going to waste your time with a series, then you might as well start from the beginning or don't start at all.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
2 is definitely the best in the series so far, but I would suggest 1 for story purposes. Plus you get to play as Altair, personally my favorite character.

The game is excelent,althou if you play all parts in a row it will get really boring since they all go very alike.The second one is deffinetly better,with better storyline,gameplay and grapihs.Not to mention the cutsenes wich you don't have in first one and subtitles.

I originally played Brotherhood first but this was a mistake as I got very irritated with certain bits of the game as I didn't realise that they were very important plot points until I played the first 2:P Because of this I reccomend starting at the begining.

Yea, you need to start at the beginning to get the very most out of the series, or at least Assassins Creed 2 to get all of Ezio's story (good to play 1 to know who Altiar is and to thoroughly enjoy the ending of Revelations though, imo). Game play is a lot of fun! Story with the Assassins is good, but a tad corny (the ending - not going to give it away). Story with the animus and everything involving Desmond (and today's time), ESP the add on puzzle things in Revelations, I think, is really stupid. But you need something to tie all the assassin's creed games together, and the idea in itself is interesting but I hate Desmond so that aids in it being a real turn off in that dimension for me. Altair and Ezio are great though! plus that's the main focal point of the games anyhow, so it's good; love the assassins.

-The franchise has recently been facing court battles due to story infringement; the author of the book "LINK" claims they stole the plot from him. Ive read the details and heard the story comparisons. "LINK" sounds like a more interesting reworking of the modern aspects (with Desmond), if you like that part of the game/story. Just thought I'd throw that out there since we're on the topic of assassin's creed.

Both! There's a sweet story and they should be super cheap nowadays. I still think Assassin's Creed II was the best one out of all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom