• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed

izi

Not A Wizard
"Did you hear about the new Assassin's Creed?"
"Yeah, it sounds like a day-one buy for me!"
"Nah, I'm just gonna pirate it."

:D...
:D?

Srsly, don't pirate games.

If you can provide a quote that proves that I've said something remotely close to The Wind Waker being a disgrace for its freaking setting, I'll give you the moon for Christmas.

I would, but like most of us, I have you on ignore in the sb.

also I'm banned from there and can't look up the archives anymore

btw, with my newly acquired moon, I'm going to build this. What do you all think?

mooncolony.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've never said that The Wind Waker's setting is a disgrace, merely that the Great Sea was. I'm afraid the two aren't one-in-the-same. The setting is the premise. The overworld is the execution.

not going to take this further, this is getting heavily off topic, but I really want my moon, so here's a few sources to prove that you just barely said the Wind Waker's setting is a disgrace.

First off: the definition of Setting as provided by Merriam-Webster:

Merriam-Webster said:
a : the time, place, and circumstances in which something occurs or develops

therefore, setting = where something occurs. In the case of the Wind Waker, it takes place on the Great Sea, thus the setting of the Wind Waker is the great sea.

Here's some screens to prove this point.

Wikipedia's article on The Wind Waker
2a9Q8

Zelda Wiki's article on The Wind Waker
2a9S8

and finally, Zelda Dungeon's very own Wiki article on The Wind Waker's story
2a9Tk

I've never said that The Wind Waker's setting is a disgrace, merely that the Great Sea was.

you say that they are not one in the same, but in fact, they are.

Moon please.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I used to be a big fan of the AC series and to be honest I would consider AC II and Brotherhood to be amongst the top games of that generation. However with the largely similar Revelations and what I would see as a an overhyped disappointment (AC III) I am kind of losing interest now.

I don't know if its just me but with Ubisoft constantly releasing an AC game annually it has made the series go quite stale in my opinion. A controversial opinion I am sure but I can only relate this too the Call of Duty series and the way they constantly shove a supposed "brand new game" down are throats every year. I heard aome rumours that it was going to be a while to thenext AC game and actually thought this could do wonders for the series as a whole, a fresh break, time to perfect the game and even fans who have gone off the series like me could actually miss the game. Don't get me wrong jts great that they have the money and efficiency of time to release a brand new game every year, I just think that it may get to the point that many fans will get sick of this.

The game itself looks quite intriguing and I certainly think it could be a fresh new concept for the series. However I can't help but think that I thought the same with AC III but in the end it ended up feeling very familiar with just a new setting, there was a ton of glitches, the game didn't look polished, similar missions, story and characters lacked not to mention it took away the charm of the series. I just think if they took a year break from releasing the game, we could see a better overall game and some of us gamers might not get sick of the annual releases.

Ganondork

goo
I now retract my statement to Ventus concerning the release date of Assassin's Creed IV.

Thareous said:
Then do you suppose Klaus Badelt will score this game?

Possibly. Assassin's Creed: Revelations brought the Dark Knight Trilogy's composer, Hans Zimmer, to compose its soundtrack. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I think Ubisoft might try to do so in order to keep the feeling of the series as attached to the era and situations as possible.

I'm making this point because of how obvious it is of Ubisoft pulling off the whole buccaneer thing. While this new game title might not be directly influenced by Pirates of the Caribbean, I wouldn't at all be surprised if to find PotC references or bits of compilations in the long run.

Doubtful. Pirates of the Caribbean didn't stay very true to how pirates actually behaved. Assassin's Creed stays true to the spirit of the era and then adds a twist to it that makes it possible for Assassins and Templars to exist in that period.

JuicieJ said:
Yes, but how many areas that were even remotely similar to the Caribbean Islands have we visited in past Assassin's Creed games? ;)

Only small islands in Assassin's Creed III. It's not even the same time period; things would be vastly different regardless. If you looked at New York 60 years ago, you'd see a massive difference. It'd be the same idea here.

justac00lguy said:
The game itself looks quite intriguing and I certainly think it could be a fresh new concept for the series. However I can't help but think that I thought the same with AC III but in the end it ended up feeling very familiar with just a new setting, there was a ton of glitches, the game didn't look polished, similar missions, story and characters lacked not to mention it took away the charm of the series. I just think if they took a year break from releasing the game, we could see a better overall game and some of us gamers might not get sick of the annual releases.

I really wish people would realize that once Assassin's Creed II was released, one team continued making Brotherhood and Revelations, while another team made Assassin's Creed III. Assassin's Creed III was in production for two and a half years before being released on October 30, 2012.

Deeds

no text
Don't really like the pirate idea. Even though I haven't played any of the naval warfare missions in AC3, by video's of it, I really don't like the look of it. I think that water-based combat is more of a novelty, than a good idea, but of course - it could work. I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out though.

Deeds

no text
[video=youtube_share;MPlqVWV01ug]http://youtu.be/MPlqVWV01ug[/video]

Ooh, thanks for finding the trailer that hasn't been taken down yet. Whoever made the game released this trailer "by accident", before taking it down. Looks like they're in need of exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom