• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Assassin's Creed III's Setting - Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to CVG, there's a rumor that the next installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise might happen during the American Revolution in 1781. Apparently, it will get confirmed by March 31. Thoughts?

I am actually pretty excited by this. Its seems like a really cool game setting, mostly becuase we have never been there in a gaming world before. It might be kind of cool to chase down paul revere on a horse and assassinate him before he can reach the steeple and light the lanterns.

Ganondork

goo
goomboo said:
Could be good I suppose. But I think I'd prefer medievel England or the very foundations of the Assassins wherever that was.

I'm pretty sure that the order itself was formed during the Crusades in Masyaf. That basically describes Altair's setting, so that really couldn't work. Honestly though, I don't think medieval England would really work; these Assassins need to be related to Desmond. Why would Ezio or Altair's descendants (it's already stated that Ezio and Altair are not related) go to England instead of America?

Although, there is a small possibility of it happening. Due to the fact that the setting is the Revolutionary War, this Assassin that we'll be using might be an English soldier. But even with this, it wouldn't happen in England, and it would in no way be during the Medieval times.

robdraggoo said:
I am actually pretty excited by this. Its seems like a really cool game setting, mostly becuase we have never been there in a gaming world before. It might be kind of cool to chase down paul revere on a horse and assassinate him before he can reach the steeple and light the lanterns.

How would that be possible? Assassin's Creed tries to be historically correct, while still keeping it interesting. Killing Paul Revere would change the outcome of that particular battle (whose name escapes me at the moment), which may change the result of the war. Assassin's Creed was able to slide by with killing Ezio's father and brothers (they never actually died) due to the little knowledge of Ezio's life, but killing Paul Revere wouldn't be possible; that event is too well known.

Anyway, this setting is really cool, but I didn't expect this time period to appear in the series for a bit; we skipped a few hundred years and went thousands of miles away. Now, this was also done with the transition from Altair to Ezio, but they at least tied them together through Revelations. It's not possible to do this again with this Assassin since they showed everything Ezio and Altair had left to show Desmond.

My other concern is the weapons. I'd imagine one of two weapons will replace the sword

• an upgraded variation of Altair's gun
  • an upgraded variation of Constantinople's guard's rifles

This is only because of the fact that in the Revolutionary War, every man in the army used guns; swords were a dumb thing to have in that time period. It might be possible that this Assassin still has his hidden blades, but he can't charge these soldiers head-on like he used to; guerrilla warfare will be the only tactic that you can use if you plan on primarily using them. I'd assume the best idea would be to simply shoot when at a distance, and use your blades when going for a stealth assassination.

Definitely this idea is good, but I honestly wish that they transitioned this a bit slower. It's obvious that in Revelations, the gun was needed more - those guards utilized the rifles much more than Italy's guards used their crossbows - but this game will rely greatly on guns. I'm afraid that Assassin's Creed will primarily become a third-person shooter. The genre itself is fine, but turning Assassin's Creed into one wouldn't be a good idea.

Last edited:

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
I'm pretty sure that the order itself was formed during the Crusades in Masyaf. That basically describes Altair's setting, so that really couldn't work. Honestly though, I don't think medieval England would really work; these Assassins need to be related to Desmond. Why would Ezio or Altair's descendants (it's already stated that Ezio and Altair are not related) go to England instead of America

Actually the order was create when Those who came before disappeared. It is the same with the templar if I remember well.

Also, I believe it would be nice in Egypt. There was a rumor about it and in the AC encyclopedia(the character cards in the white one), there is a really nice picture of an egyptian assassin.

Anyway, AC3 will be awesome, I'm sure of it!

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
The American Revolution seems likely. But since they're at Eden, I think it would be fitting for us to to back to the time of Adam and Eve, the first assassin's. Anyone with eagle vision/sense is descended from them, being that you need to have those who came before blood in you to have it. Plus in AC Brotherhood when you get all the DNA rifts, sixteen says that Eve's DNA is the Key and that he needs to find her, showing that Desmond is the key and Desmond needs to go back to become Adam/Eve to solve the puzzles needed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom