• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Assassin's Creed III General Thread

Ganondork

goo
assassins-creed-iii-logo.jpg
Due to the lack of a thread similar to this, and the knowledge - from experience - that specific concepts will be ignored, a general thread seemed necessary. So what are your thoughts on the game thus far? How far are you? Any things struck you as interesting?

I personally had a bit of trouble obtaining my copy of the game. Walmart never sent my order through, so I was forced to run to Gamestop on Saturday. I managed to grab one of their last Gamestop editions, alongside a Season Pass. I plan to buy every DLC that the game has to offer.

I'm currently in Sequence 9. I just found out where Church is located - after that situation in the brewery, I doubt this is his real location - and am heading with Haytham to the rendezvous point. This is only my third day with the game, so I am optimistic to finish it tomorrow.

As for Multiplayer, I'm quite impressed. Me and octorok74 decided to take down the mode, Wolfpack, and we were successful after our third try. I must say, it was one of the smoothest matches I've ever been in during an online game. The synchronized kill that we achieved at the very end was only the icing on the cake.

As a final note, I decided to watch the ending of the game. Many people complain about it, but I only found it to be a tiny bit abrupt. Perhaps Desmond should have had a final speech with his father, perhaps a standoff between the two, in which they make up.

It wasn't until I killed Thomas Hickey that I realized something interesting.

Thomas Hickey said:
In the end, there will be nothing in your hands.

This was said by him right before he died. He was talking about how he only allied himself with the Templars out of greed. He scoffed at Connor for desiring freedom, saying that money was the only important thing. This easily personifies the man as quite a selfish being, but it also foreshadows Connor's life after the events of the game.

Like every ancestor of Desmond's, the only reason Connor really exists is to give him something invaluable - in this case, a key. Once he obtains the key and buries it, his life purpose is fulfilled. What did Connor have to look forward to? Nothing. Achilles is dead, the Mohawks have moved on, and it seems like he is a war hero who was left on the battlefield.

In the end, there was nothing in his hands. I find this to be interesting.

Discuss.

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
I really don't like the ending, when they said it would be the end of the "Desmond Trilogy", I was sure they were speaking of this particuliar modern era (the solar flare), but it is only the end of the character itself. Now, it is clear that there will be a AC4 not set too long after the 3, where a new protagonist (maybe one of the hacker at the end) will train in the animus to stop Juno from enslaving the world.

However, the game itself is really good, and I didn't experienced any big glitch. Connor is really a nice protagonist and his story is really interesting, better than Desmond's imo.

Also, I was really surprised when I learned Haytham true allegiance. The biggest punch in the game imo.

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm at sequence 6 and loving it. I just finished the Boston Tea Party. I probably would have beaten the game by now, but I haven't been able to play Assassin's Creed III lately. I really like Connor as a character so far, and I liked how they showed his whole life from the moment he was born. The setting greatly intrests me, as I love learning about American history, especially the Revolutionary war. Other then that, the game is just plain fun and i've just been having a blast with it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom