• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing Aspects of AC-NH you don’t like or find dumb (spoilers)

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.
Ok, this is really minor, but I am taking it kind of hard.

I'm not like saying this with certainty, but now that a fly finally landed on my garbage, its place in the encyclopedia is where I think the house centipede would have been if the house centipede was indeed in the game. It feels more and more like they did remove the house centipede, and while I don't want to look it up to confirm so I don't ruin the surprises of the new bug additions, I am really sad about this possibility. House centipedes are like one of my favorite animals, and it sucks to have them taken out of Animal Crossing. If they added a second stinkbug, they should be able to keep the second centipede.

@Satan So far I have registered 56 insects in the museum.
My response to your post is just okay the game more. You might discover what you seek.
I know the answers but am not saying because you do not want to be spoiled.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Not really. The N64/GC original didn’t do that. All the non seasonal content was available day one.

By available I mean in game day one, but still takes weeks/months to earn. New Horizons is different as it’s not a completed game. A lot of the non seasonal stuff will be patched in.

This was to avoid people cheating by time traveling.

I think I’ve finally found the one thing that really bothers me about this game; inclines. The concept is great, but they are waaaay too limited in function. This is what I wanted to do:
image0.jpg

But apparently the top part can’t connect from the side. Only from the front. Combine that with the fact that they don’t correct curved cliffs, this eliminates 4 out of the 5 inclines I wanted until I get terraforming. That’s a LOT. That really frustrates me.

@Satan So far I have registered 56 insects in the museum.
My response to your post is just okay the game more. You might discover what you seek.
I know the answers but am not saying because you do not want to be spoiled.
I dont want to be spoiled on new bug additons. If you know the fate of the house centipede (which would make it a returning or not returning bug), please tell me.
I take it you're set to the other hemisphere, and I do recall them having weird seasonality in new leaf for like late summer/early fall...

I dont want to be spoiled on new bug additons. If you know the fate of the house centipede (which would make it a returning or not returning bug), please tell me.
I take it you're set to the other hemisphere, and I do recall them having weird seasonality in new leaf for like late summer/early fall...
I am set to the southern hemisphere. You can catch stuff in opposite hemisphere islands out of season if you want.
House centipede as said above is axed . . . unless it's patched in . . . which we don't know yet as Nintendo will be patching in lots of non seasonal content . . . drip feeding it to us over the next few years.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Having your inventory clogged up with things needed for crafting is a bit of a drag, and I am still trying to get used to durability which has been annoying so far. It's like they wanted to Minecraft the game up or something.

Also the progress being so slow in the first few days was a bit frustrating too.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
The fact that often youre the only one donating to the museum...its like ok villagers apart from walking around like a wazz what do you do all day!!

Quin

Disaster Master
Having your inventory clogged up with things needed for crafting is a bit of a drag, and I am still trying to get used to durability which has been annoying so far. It's like they wanted to Minecraft the game up or something.

Also the progress being so slow in the first few days was a bit frustrating too.
I would be okay with this if
golden tools didn't break, but they do

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I really don’t get why you need to visit a friend for them to be in your friends list in game. If I have someone as a friend on switch why can’t they automatically be friends with me in game. There is stuff I’ve found that I want to send to people but since I’ve never visited them or they haven’t visited me I am unable to. I guess this isn’t so much a problem with the game itself it’s just Nintendo’s prehistoric online system that’s trash.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Also I’ve had this problem with wanting to put a bridge in a specific area but I wasn’t able to because that part of the river was uneven. I was forced to put the bridge in an unideal spot because of this and I didn’t want to wait to unlock the terraforming to make it work. I feel like they should have just let you put bridges anywhere and automatically fixed the uneven issue itself without needing the terraforming tool to let you put bridges wherever you wanted.

Having your inventory clogged up with things needed for crafting is a bit of a drag
Just have a crafting station in your house and store all the materials in your house's stash. That way you can just bring out only the materials you need for each specific craft.

@Quin - That's why I just use the flimsy tools. I see them as a resource. As long as I make at least 800 bells from each one it's not a loss.
If I get what is in your spoiler tag, I'll just display them in my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom