• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing Aspects of AC-NH you don’t like or find dumb (spoilers)

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.
The trash you fish up not being stackable

Nooks Cranny after hours sales service. Sure selling your stuff for 80% of the sales price (which is 25% of the buying price) is bad but you can do it after hours.
It’s dumb because you can just store it all in your house stash till morning then sell for full price. You don’t get the cash till morning either way. So Nook’s after hours service sucks.

Only being able to shoot up with the slingshot. Many times I first see a balloon and don’t have time to get under it before it floats off land but a diagonal shot would work.

Being drip fed non event content. Was the game unfinished at launch?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
The way that DIY recipes clog up your inventory, if you already know a recipe, it just stays in your inventory so you have to either make your way to the Cranny to sell it or just litter the ground with it. Frustrating when inventory is so sparse to begin with.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The obvious issue is how the game treats anyone outside of the first person to open the game. It seems like ****ty game design.

Quin

Disaster Master
I love the game but there are quite a lot of nitpicks I have with it, other than the online, that isn't a nitpick

Like not being able to craft all, especially annoying with fish bait
Still no free camera of the town.
everything still being grid based
I don't dislike weapon durability but golden tools still break and I don't like that.
I don't dislike the prologue but it could have been 2 days shorter.
Probably a few more that I can't think about right now. I also don't like the cut content that is obviously gonna be added later. How can you cut Gyroids from Animal crossing?

Worst of all is online though. If I was paying for it I would have been mad, seeing as this is one of the few highly anticipated online switch games(non of them have good online, mind you)
Not only do you have to go through a ****load of menus just to go online, something that should have been streamlined ages ago but only got worse, every time someone enters or leaves the town you have to sit through a super long cutscene. EVERY TIME. Its the longest it has ever been in the series. Why hasn't this been streamlined already? Its the same system a DS game had, only worse. Why can't someone just join while you keep playing?
If your also fishing and you finally see that big fish but someone enters, you can say good bye to that fish too.
Another thing, when the connection drops out, which is will since hardly anyone plays this game online wired, everything you did won't save, since it doesn't autosave online that much. I've had a whole inventory of good fish just disappear. Its almost like I'm back in 2005!

Its been a while since I've had such a bad online experience. Its puts me off from just casually visiting friends

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly, I'm kind of frustrated by doing the big things one day at a time. Nook doesn't know how to multitask I guess. I want to be able to set up multiple projects at once and honestly the three new villagers did not have to move in one day at a time.

On the other hand, it's been giving me so much time to experiment and design my island and it would look nowhere near as god as it does without that time or if I'd time-traveled to get through this faster, and I wonder if that's what was intended by all the wait times. So it does annoy me, but I've still had plenty of stuff to do in the game in the meantime. Way more than in past games.

I think what's getting to me the most lately is not being able to craft multiples of the same item at once. That's really annoying when I grab 20 manila clams and have to turn them into fish bait one at a time. I also wish we could craft using resources in our storage if our crafting table is inside our house. That would be really handy.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
My sister started our town and gets to be in charge of all the event stuff. Which sucks, but what was really dumb was that I couldn't even help contribute to the stuff needed for the villagers. It could let the other person see what was needed and craft stuff for it too.

Also having to switch between leaders in local co-op just to access your inventory is annoying.

Oh, more specific stuff...

Not sure if there's a way to see my friends' passports and it seems dumb if you can't because New Leaf let you. I'm sure my friends are as proud of their passports as I am of mine, and I want to be able to see them through the friend list.

I can't register wireless friends as friends? Wild World let me do that, what a strange downgrade from 2005.

They still require you to get the useless huge room upgrade before adding more rooms to your house. Also making storage directly linked to your house level is horrible.

They got rid of a lot of good hairstyles to introduce the new ones, half of which are designed to appeal to a very niche group on tumblr. Also the white hair is like a light grey and while I'm getting used to it now, I still really wish there was a more whitish shade.

The antialiasing/smoothing "feature" on custom patterns is horrendous and muddies up most of the things I make. Since Wild World, I have antialiased my own sharp edges with different colors and it just makes my hard work at details in this manner into a smudge. There should be an option to disable it when making a pattern.

To add to the above, while I see why they offer textures for button up shirts and collars for the pro patterns, a lot of my ideas would work best without any texture and I don't want to make it a sweater. Pro patterns also lack alpha support, which I guess makes sense in most contexts, but it would make for really interesting hem lines and tassels on some of the longer pro patterns.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Not sure if there's a way to see my friends' passports and it seems dumb if you can't because New Leaf let you. I'm sure my friends are as proud of their passports as I am of mine, and I want to be able to see them through the friend list.

I had the same complaint because I wanted a friend to see my passport. And I just found out that while they're on your island you can press the minus button and it will have an option to view passports.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
But only while they're visiting? That's kind of a bummer, but I guess better than nothing. Thanks.

It seems that way unfortunately. Would be great to have a log you could check any time of visitors. Especially since they have the option to just give out Dodo codes for non-friends. No problem though!

Isn't that to be expected with the kind of content AC is?
Not really. The N64/GC original didn’t do that. All the non seasonal content was available day one.

By available I mean in game day one, but still takes weeks/months to earn. New Horizons is different as it’s not a completed game. A lot of the non seasonal stuff will be patched in.

I get your point though. It is to be expected in the modern day where constant game patches are a thing,

The waiting...
That’s like buying DOOM Eternal and not liking the shooting of guns.

If someone doesn’t like the core concept of a game, maybe that game is not for them.

Another thing I don’t like is rain not lasting all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom