• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ash is being retired

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
definitely a welcomed change since there's already a bajillion episodes w/ him anyway, and I could never get used to his current voice actor
I might actually check out the new series to see what's up

That is crazy to me. I didn't think the anime would ever move on from Ash. But it makes sense given that there is nothing left for his character to accomplish. It looks like they're going with a female protagonist next. I think her design looks excellent, and I hope she'll become as iconic as Ash in due time.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I grew up on that show, watched since the very beginning... I stopped watching a couple of years ago, during a time when it started to feel like 70% of the show was filler.
But to see Ash retire from the series is a bit sad. Hopefully he can make cameo apperances every now and then, just as many of the other main characters has done over the years. It's gonna be a bit weird to NOT have Pikachu, the franchise mascot, around though...

I do have 1 more thing I'd like to see happen to Ash before it's over for him. I'd like him to meet his father, that'd be a great end!

AND PICK UP HIS FREAKING PIDGEOT, LIKE HE PROMISED TO DO!!!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think its fine that they are moving on from Ash finally. The character is iconic of course, and it feels weird that the show will continue without him. Though the anime is targeted at a younger audience anyway. Hopefully the new cast will invigorate a new generation of younger fans and in time that cast will be as nostalgic to them as Ash, Misty, and Brock were to our generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom