• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Asgard Legends

Pretty good chapter. A bit short, which I like. I only caught one mistake,

Sammy and Repiv seem to be alright, but they had thrown up all over each other and were cleaning the smelly vomit off of themselves

"seem" should be "seemed"

There was also a few times where I though a semicolon should replace a comma, but I'm not too knowledgable on that subject so I didn't delve deeper. It still read thoroughly so it's all good. Another great one from the Great One:D

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Its still good Atsie will I need to bring out my rates for you *pulls them out* still over 9,000 ;)

Keyari

翼のエルフ
So I have the feeling that Saga may fall for Ailyth... Or battle her hard and then maybe regret her death or something. Great chapter, or part of a chapter, anyways. The Great One has done well once again. :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Good chapter. The fact that he said anything about her face being beautiful is a sign that he's starting to feel softer towards her. He isn't gonna kill her, he's going to fall for her by the end of the story.
Saga didn't say it, he just didn't disagree or think she was ugly. Really? You think so? I tend to surprise the readers every now and then with unexpected twists.

Pretty good chapter. A bit short, which I like. I only caught one mistake,

"seem" should be "seemed"

There was also a few times where I though a semicolon should replace a comma, but I'm not too knowledgable on that subject so I didn't delve deeper. It still read thoroughly so it's all good. Another great one from the Great One:D
Lolz, thanks, I will read over the chapter and correct the mistakes.

Its still good Atsie will I need to bring out my rates for you *pulls them out* still over 9,000 ;)
Thanks, ninja, glad to get that rating from you. :P

So I have the feeling that Saga may fall for Ailyth... Or battle her hard and then maybe regret her death or something. Great chapter, or part of a chapter, anyways. The Great One has done well once again. :P
You'll discover the answer to all your doubts by reading the story. Thanks, and you'll like what I have done...Go back to the very first post of this thread to find out. Oh well, I'll let you know here: I just added a title and stuff, you are reading Book 1 of perhaps...3 total, maybe 4. This story is now called Asgard Legends: Saga's Rise to Power, and it will end when he sets foot on Midgard, ready to conquer the world of the humans. That is not long now, maybe ten more chapters.

Wow, finally read through all of this. It's really good so far. Why exactly does Saga hate humans? I don't really get it.
Mostly because Ailyth was a human before she was taken under the wing of Hel, Saga's mother. Since she became her second, Saga hates her for that, and he also hates humans because he thinks they are weak creatures. More on that hate as the series moves along. ;)

And now, here's another update.

Chapter 15: Cocytos (Part 2 of ??)

The creatures of Cocytos were a mixture of shadow, flesh, and bone. Their skin tone was similar to the color of the walls of Cocytos, but it was also fleshy. Their creator, the first disobedient child, had given them the ability to blend into the darkness, becoming in a way, part of it, but not wholly. They were still made of flesh and bone, like every other living creature, but they could hide in the shadows at will by blending in, then after a short while they would have to go back to their primary flesh and bone state, lest they remain in the shadows too long and be sucked into it, becoming nothing but air, or in this case, nothing but a grayish fog and part of the place that was Cocytos, the realm of eternal torment.

There were several kinds of creatures in Cocytos, including zombie-like creatures with four arms, horned devil-like creatures who could fly using their wings and also dog-like creatures, along with an assortment of others. They used no tangible weapons, rather they would defend themselves using long, sharp talons which protruded from their fingers and toes.

Because they lived in total darkness, they only had two real weaknesses, light and magic.

The residents of Cocytos had never been disturbed since a long while back, and because of that, the creatures had fled the areas where they had resided before and had gone to the center region where a massive castle surrounded by a dark lagoon stood erected and uncorrupted by the passage of time. In that area is where the tormenting of souls went on. Screams of sorrow, agony, and the purest horror could be heard all about the place nonstop, they belonged to the souls who were tormented there without rest.

It was there in that same region where an assortment of mines had been created, these littered the immense blood colored walls in the form of large holes. Few were the creatures that resided there, most had gone to the castle area over the passage of time, seeking to feed on the souls of the wicked, which was the cruelest form of torment a soul could suffer. Once a soul had gone through all the wicked forms of torment Cocytos offered, they would then be eaten by their tormentors only to be resurrected again to suffer more torment and then be eaten again. A never ending cycle, thus the term eternal torment.

Saga and company had carefully continued their quest through the darkened place, covering lots of ground since no monster could be found to challenge their passing. Saga had found that weird, but when he asked Ailyth about it, she could only shrug and say, "I have no idea why there has been no signs of life, my prince."

"Which is good for us," Saga said. "The less life we find here, the better."

"Agreed," Repiv had opinionated from the back, although Saga and Ailyth had paid the demon little attention.

As the group had advanced on, the foul smell had lessened, but they all could feel the air becoming hotter and heavier. When the heat became a little too much to bear, Saga raised his right hand as a signal for the group to stop.

"Halt!" Ailyth cried loud enough for the demons in front of them to hear. "Set up a perimeter!" Demons dispersed to do as told, forming a circle all around and keeping at the ready. Sammy and Repiv remained near Saga and the human Ailyth, weapons in hand.

"What is it, my prince? Why did you call for a stop?" Ailyth asked Saga, who was staring all around the area they currently were in.

"The heat," he informed her, turning his stare to her. "Don't you feel it as well?"

"Yes I do."

"And is there anything you can do at all to defeat it? A spell or something that will keep that hot feeling away? I mean, damn, look at me, I am sweating like never before, I've never felt this hot before."

Ailyth, bowed, conceding the truth, she too, was very sweaty. In truth, Ailyth had been bothered by the heat a while back but had said nothing simply because Saga was in charge, she was glad then that the prince had taken action in regards to that problem.

"I'll try something," Ailyth said and moved a few steps away. "Tell me if you feel any different."

Saga nodded and watched as she closed her eyes and rose her hands to her chest as if praying. Ailyth spoke something which Saga did not understand, she then extended her hands out to him, and all Saga saw next was a luminous wave leaving Ailyth's hands. That wave came towards him, enveloping him completely in a matter of seconds.

She opened her eyes and asked. "Well?"

Saga, who felt refreshed and cool, nodded at her. "It worked, can you spare a little magic to bless everyone else? If not, how the heck are we to continue on? What if it becomes too hot to go on?"

"Relax, my prince, I have enough magical stamina, I'll bless the entire squad," Ailyth said with a smile, and moments later began doing that: blessing the demon squad with the same spell she had blessed Saga. The entire demon squad couldn't have felt gladder and more proud of their prince when they again felt cool, apparently he was looking out for everyone's well being, not just himself. With everyone being able to resist the hotness of the place, the group proceeded on.

Fifteen minutes later or so they had traversed through a long tunnel whose ceiling was too low, forcing the whole group to hunch for a while and then to cross it on all four.

That tunnel had led them out into another valley riddled with boulders of different sizes, stalagmites and stalactites, and with a high ceiling. As the group moved on, Saga leaned Ailyth's way and murmured. "I find it a little hard to believe we haven't met any trouble."

Ailyth nodded in return. "I don't know, I find this place creepy, though, too quiet."

The group went on, leaving the valley behind only to come to another open area, but this one different than anything they had seen so far. The ground was covered with holes of assorted sizes, and the walls held some as well. Few stalagmites could be seen now, but the ceiling was entirely covered with pointy stalactites. And about a hundred yards ahead, there seemed to be a grayish mist covering the ground.

"Uh-oh," said Sammy, troubled at the sight before them. "Looks like we've ran into trouble for the first time."

"Frightened of the sight, are you, demon?" Ailyth chuckled.

"Quiet, you two!" Saga silenced them, his arm risen. The god thought he had heard something over the distance. Everything became quiet, the elite demons did not even dare breath, neither did Ailyth, Sammy or Repiv. Saga was able to pay better attention to his surroundings.

"Master Saga?" Repiv murmured a while later, his tone nervous. "You alright?"

"I...think I heard a faint swooshing sound beyond that point." Saga announced, pointing towards the mist. "Like wind or something."

Silence all around them.

Ailyth glanced about, her ears working furiously trying to hear something. After a while, she too heard the sound Saga had heard, and Saga heard it again as well.

"I hear it now," Ailyth cried. "Something lies beyond that point, my prince, you have good senses if you heard that."

"Then we head there," Saga told her. "There is no other road before us to follow, anyway, so let us see where this takes us. Let us proceed cautiously, I don't like that mist."

"We'd do well to watch our steps," announced Ailyth. Saga nodded at that, for he knew one wrong step could make them fall into the holes, if there was any end to them, a bottom, who knew?

"Make sure everyone is told that," Saga said, and Ailyth did let the group know to proceed cautiously and to watch their steps.

At Saga's orders, and a shout from Ailyth to let the demon squad know of it, the group moved forward, everyone at the edge of excitement and fear and wondering what awaited them all beyond the mist covered area.

*Continues*

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. That mist doesn't sound too good. Only one mistake:

"Relax, my prince, I have enough magical stamina, I'll bless the entire squad," Ailyth said with a smile, and moments later began doing that: blessing the demon squad with the same spell she had blessed Saga. The entire demon squad couldn't have felt gladder and more proud of their prince when they again felt cool, apparently he was looking out for everyone's well being, not just himself. With everyone being able to resist the hotness of the place, the group proceeded on.

"Prouder" is not a word. Good stuff, Atsie.^^

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I like it. That mist doesn't sound too good. Only one mistake:

"Prouder" is not a word. Good stuff, Atsie.^^
Oh is that right? Haha, thanks for pointing it out, you're always great help. I will correct that after I post this short update. About the mist, yeah, doesn't sound too good, we'll see what happens. Keep pointing out those mistakes, peeps, they really help a lot.

Chapter 15: Cocytos Part 3 of ??

The group carefully advanced forward, avoiding stepping in the holes on the ground. Some were small and some were way too big, big enough for one of them to fall through.

Saga stared at one as he went by, it was all darkness, and he really could not tell whether there was something down there or not. Like the demon squad had done so, he too just continued moving forward, keeping his eyes on the ground and in front of him when he could afford it.

It was no trouble for the group getting to the area where the mist covered the ground and everything else beyond that point. The mist hovered heavily all about the region, nothing could be seen ahead except mist, mist, and more mist. Saga again rose his hand up, signaling for the group to stop. They did, after Ailyth called out for them to do so.

"What are we to do now, my prince?" Ailyth asked momentarily, the demon vallans glancing about the place curiously. "You surely are not thinking about proceeding on foot, are you? It would be suicide, what if the ground is still covered with these kind of holes?"

Saga said nothing, but in response, his magical wings began to take form behind him. Sammy and Repiv had to get out of the way, and Ailyth was surprised to see the wings appearing.

"No!" Ailyth shouted, believing she knew what Saga had in mind doing now. She was not wrong in her thinking, because Saga stared at her and said, "I will go ahead and take a look."

"What? You can't!"

"And why not?" Saga stared hard at her.

"What if something were to happen to you?...What would I tell my queen? That I let you scout ahead and that you died because of that? No way, prince Saga, not going to happen."

Saga became irate at her words. He shook his head and declared, "My mother is not here, I am in charge, so step aside, you won't detain me."

Saga spread out his wings and was about to take off flying, however, Ailyth's hands stopped him from doing so as she grabbed on to his shoulders. "Wait, my prince!" she said, looking into his eyes when he turned to stare at her with those unnerving eyes of his.

Saga's reddish stare, which let Ailyth know he was angry, made her drop her hands from him instantly, and she bowed in an apologetic way. "Forgive me, my prince, I just wanted to stop you from leaving, nothing more, and only because I want to go along."

"How?" Saga ridiculed. "You don't have any wings, you'll have to wait here for my return, I'm afraid, now stop holding me back."

Ailyth smiled at him, then she closed her eyes and began to murmur a conjuration. Saga, surprised, waited in his place and watched as the ex-human began growing wings at her back, similar to his very own pair of magical wings. He rose his eyebrows in surprise, for he had not known his mother had granted Ailyth magical wings as well.

"Can I come along, then?" Ailyth, eyes gleaming, happily asked as her wings' transformation was finalized.

"I hope you can keep up," Saga simply said and took off flying. Ailyth, surprised at the words, quickly shouted to the group that they should wait there for them, then she went after Saga, who was already entering the heavy mist and spreading it about as he beat his magical wings.

*Continues*

Hmm, I wonder how they'll do without the elite demons. Here's a mistake I found:
Saga stared at one as he went by, it was all darkness, and he really could not tell whether there was something down there or not. Like the demons squad had done so, he too just continued moving forward, keeping his eyes on the ground and in front of him when he could afford it.

I bolded the word demons because I'm not sure if it's supposed to be demon's or demon. Keep these good chapters comin'.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Hmm, I wonder how they'll do without the elite demons. Here's a mistake I found:

I bolded the word demons because I'm not sure if it's supposed to be demon's or demon. Keep these good chapters comin'.

No, it was demon squad, I was going to write it out as: Like the demons had done so, then I changed it to Like the demons squad had done so, see? I forgot to take out the s in demons. Minor mistakes which I have to fix. ;) Thanks, you are very helpful.

Chapter: 15: Cocytos Part 4 of ??

"Saga, hold on!" Saga heard Ailyth's voice behind him, and it sounded troubled. Saga had been cutting through the mist at high velocity. Since the mist did not allow him to see anything but himself, he had been flying with his hands balled into fists in front of him in case he collided with something.

"Saga!" Ailyth called out again, and Saga, concerned, detained his flight, turned around and hovered in mid air.

"I'm right he--," he began to call out, but suddenly Ailyth, who had been flying towards him, collided with him forcefully. She had not seen him, the mist had prevented her from doing so, but Ailyth had wanted Saga to stop so she could fix that very problem.

"Ouff!" Ailyth shouted painfully, and Saga grunted after the hit. They both would have fallen down, except that Saga took the hit quite well and was able to react in time, catching a hold of Ailyth just as she was beginning to drop down, for she had lost control when she had come in contact with Saga.

With his strong arms he kept her hugged, secured in his arms, Ailyth would not be falling down anytime soon.

"What was the problem?" he asked, and for a moment Ailyth did not respond, she was too immersed in those reddish eyes which were staring at her, and the love feeling those arms were giving her at the moment could not be dismissed so lightly. Oh, how Ailyth had dreamed a moment like that in which Saga held her in his strong arms!

"Ailyth!" Saga rose his voice, oblivious to what Ailyth thought as she stared at him. "Are you alright?" Saga thought the hit had hurt and stunned her, that it had knocked the wind out of her and therefore she was finding it hard to talk. He decided to wait for a bit, hoping she was fine.

Finally, Ailyth spoke up. "I am alright, just shaky. I am sorry if I collided with you, my prince."

"Just tell me why you were yelling my name like a maniac, I thought you were in trouble. Are you able to hover if I let go of you now?"

"Yes," Ailyth told him, after hesitating for a few more precious seconds. Saga let her go, though he took his time doing it, for as he had been holding on to her, Saga had liked the way her suave skin had felt against his own. Saga cleared his throat, then.

"I only wanted you to stop so I could fix the trouble with the mist," Ailyth explained. "Here...allow me..."

And before Saga could say anything, Ailyth touched the section of the mask where his eyes were and called forth an aiding spell of True Seeing.

"What are you doi--"

"Just hold on," Ailyth said, her voice lightly. "You'll thank me after it is done, this trick was taught to me by your own mother, Saga, cat vision she called it."

"Cat vision?"

"You'll see."

As she had said it, Saga did see, and he also thanked her, for after Ailyth was done with the spell, Saga could clearly see in the mist. He couldn't see as he normally would have, rather everything around him: cavern walls, stalactites, and several large boulders down below, were highlighted in greenish hues, as if he had just been given night vision.

Saga spun around to the front and noticed that the road ahead twisted in a series of serpentine passages, and from the ground rose the largest stalagmites Saga and Ailyth had seen yet, they nearly touched the ceiling! Saga came to understand that if they had continued flying blindly like that they would have smashed against them and probably would have died.

"A good thing you stopped me," Saga admitted, his head lowered, for in seeing the huge stalagmites he also saw his death. As he hovered there he felt guilty for having wanted to be rid of Ailyth. She had just saved his life! Saga's face suddenly flared up in anger. What was he thinking? He was Saga, the being who had always hated Ailyth, he shouldn't be giving a damn about her, but Saga, for a weird reason, did give a damn.

"Think nothing of it, my prince, I should have thought of that sooner, you just didn't give me much time down there. Anyway...there is ample room for the group to move through those gigantic stalagmites, my prince," Ailyth noted. "See the veredas below?"

Saga barely nodded, noticing the curving roadways down below, he was more concerned at the way he was feeling at the moment. For so long he had hated Ailyth, and now as he hovered in front of her everything seemed weird, out of place. The young girl had just saved his life, that's what was troubling Saga, she shouldn't have done that, this incident was not happening, but it was, and that is what was making Saga feel very confused and upset.

"Should I return and guide them?" Ailyth asked and Saga did not hear her, for he was too lost in his own thoughts, fighting with them, sorting them out. When Ailyth repeated herself with louder words, though, Saga snapped out of it.

"Yes," Saga barely said, bringing his right hand to rub his mouth. "I'll...go make sure the path is clear."

Ailyth perceived Saga was troubled with something, but she just nodded and prepared to fly back, but before she did, she told Saga, "Be careful, my prince."

Saga just nodded, then he flew off, unable to remain a second more near Ailyth.

*Continues*

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Good, Ats, I guessing you are almost done with your story aww, but I can't wait for the next chapter, and when my char is going to appear, its still awesome

Seems like Saga is starting to like Ailyth. Anyway, I caught this:
"Saga, hold on!" Saga heard Ailyth's voice behind him, and it sounded troubled. Saga had been cutting through the mist at high velocity. Since the mist did not allow him to see anything but himself, he had been flying with his hands balled into fists in front of him in case he collided with something.

I think "nothing" which is what you put is okay, but I think "anything" sounds better. I don't think it's something that needs to be changed. Other than that, I didn't catch anything wrong. Another good chapter, my friend.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Thank you, guys/gals, I appreciate the help/comments.

For those of you who do not read blogs and are following the story. I won't be writing on this project, nor any other written ones I have, for at least the next two months. Don't think this is the end of it, when I come back I will surely keep it going, for now, I guess I will have to set it on a hiatus, or however you say that. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom