• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Asgard Legends

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yay! New chapter! You seem to just be loading them out Ats. Wow. Great chapter by the way, it seems like Saga isn't as dead as we thought he would be. I wonder what the other option is...
That mystery will be unveiled with this new chapter.

SOOOOOO good!!!! I was really confused for a few chapters because I thought that Sammy was my character but then I realized Sammy was gerudogirl's character..... haha rofl Great chapters Ats!
Thanks, my friend. Glad you sorted that out. Yeah, Sammy is Gerudogirl's character, for the time being I will just introduce yours as Vatti, or maybe even Sammy, heck, there can be two Sammys in this story. :P Or if you want me to use another name, feel free to let me know. Remember you were Bigelover88's daughter back in the old stories? I may change that or I may not, depends.

^lolz, yeah, sorry about the name, i didn't know it was already taken :P

great chapter atsuma, those demons seem PISSED!
I would have been angry as well if someone wanted to take Tartakus' sacred sword and beloved treasure.

Now, if my parents ground me for two weeks from computer........I wonder how long an immortal godly mother would ground him.....XD

EDIT: You posted a new chapter right after I commented. Nice job on the new one.
Lolz, yeah...I wonder too. Thanks, btw.

Hmm...what does Hel have in mind? Good chapter.
You'll find out soon enough. Thanks for reading everyone. :) The chapter is broken down in to two parts, btw.

c10.png

(Part 1/2)

Tartakus

At Saga's insistence queen Hel had no other choice but to dismiss Ailyth from her presence when the two had arrived the room a while later. Saga, angered at the fact that she had been the one behind his failed plan, had even launched at her wanting nothing more than to kill her. But again, queen Hel had intervened by coming in between them, and Saga, who would never harm his family, had stayed his hand and backed away saying that Ailyth better hope that his friends were alright, else he would kill her.

"She only did as told," Hel explained to Saga. "She only obeys my orders, and the two demons are fine."

"Yes, perhaps," an angry Saga had replied, his stare on Ailyth. "But what business does she have following me around? What business did she have spying me? I ought to have her executed for that, I'm a prince, I go anywhere I want and do as I please!"

"She obeys orders from long ago," Hel placated her son, and she even drove him away. "She's suppose to be guarding you, nothing more. When she learned of your plans she had no choice but to let me know."

"She's suppose to guard me by spying on me?" Saga still felt enraged, but his beautiful mother's face soothed his troubles and he began to calm down.

"It's part of her job."

Saga just shook his head. "I want her removed from that task from this moment on, mother, I need no such protection."

"Fine, it will be done, son." Hel said, just to shut him up. "Let's forget about this incident and instead talk about what we are supposed to be talking about...you wanted to know how to acquire power?"

That made Saga nod right away. Hel said, "Then calm down." she then turned to regard Ailyth and commanded, "Do leave us alone, I beg. Continue with your secondary line of orders."

Beautiful Ailyth bowed respectfully at Hel then at Magatha, soon after she glanced over at Saga and bowed as well but with words, "I beg your pardon, my prince, I was only doing my job." She then turned around and left the room, with high hopes that Saga would forgive her for her actions.

"She won't have her ear at the door this time, eh?" Saga mocked his mother, who just shook her head. He brought out a dagger and said, "I may just send this exploding dagger there at will, so she better not."

"Enough, Saga, no need for that, Ailyth won't spy us. Come with me, you two," she invited him and Magatha over to a round table within her large chamber. "Let us sit so I can tell you about this other option."

Saga and Magatha followed her there and sat down. The table had been crafted by humans, it was made of dark brown oak. A single black vase with imprinted animal drawings (also made by humans) stood in the center and held some sort of Tartakun-grown yellow flowers, which let out an aroma similar of a normal rose.

"You want to acquire power," Hel began, her eyes on Saga. "Our most beloved treasure would have helped you achieve that, no doubt, however, there is another way to do it and without having the need to expose such a treasure to danger. If something were to happen to the sword, then Niflheim would come crumbling down. Niflheim, the realm I once ruled back in Asgard, I can't expose it to danger."

"Why not? We are here now, not there," Saga pointed out.

"Perhaps because I have dreams of going there in the future," Hel said, and she turned to regard Magatha, who just sat quietly and listening on. "I have in mind taking you there so you can visit it and get to know the place. With the way things have gone here, I have been thinking hard on returning there."

"Alright, enough of that, so what is this other option you speak of?" Saga asked, not really wanting to know why his mother had plans of leaving Tartakus, to him acquiring power was more important now. "You said it was dangerous and how no one else has tried it before. I am not afraid of danger, of anything else for that matter, so tell me."

Hel sighed deeply, her son really wanted to know of the option. Because she loved him greatly and cared much about him, she did not want to tell him, but Saga would not understand nor care about that, not anymore, and besides, she had agreed to let him know about it. Saga was changed, having suffered embarrassment before Loki had changed him greatly, and so Hel had no other choice but to tell him.

"Fine, my son," she sighed heavily. "I will tell you."

*Continues*

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good. You left me cliffhung(?) with the last line. I'm sure whatever this other option is will be dangerous for Saga and co. I only found a few mistakes, and they were very small and by no means distracted me from the reading. Keep it up.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Very good. You left me cliffhung(?) with the last line. I'm sure whatever this other option is will be dangerous for Saga and co. I only found a few mistakes, and they were very small and by no means distracted me from the reading. Keep it up.

I wish you could point the mistakes out, I want my writing to improve, so if you or any other readers care to point them out, I'd gladly correct those, and I would thank you for it. :)

I wasn't going to post part 2 until tomorrow since nobody was posting, I didn't want to have the two parts merged, that just makes it seem longer and sometimes people don't know a new update has been made. And so thanks, Hero, really appreciate your comment. :yes:

Chapter 10 Part 2/2

"There is a strong element unlike no other, a rare type of mineral that grows only in a certain world." Hel began. "It is called Orihalcon."

Saga and Magatha exchanged curious glances, but then they turned their attention back to their mother and listened on.

"Cocytos is the name of this world I speak about" (Co-Key-toes)

"Cocytos?" Magatha chirped, surprised. "I've never heard of such a place before, and I am sure I have read many of the books here. You, Saga?"

Saga shook his head at her, then he regarded his mother, whom he knew would explain.

"You both haven't heard of such a place, few know of its existence. I have kept it a secret for a reason, you two still wish to know?"

"Go on," Saga bade, and Magatha nodded.

Hel nodded and knew she had to work her voice in a creepy manner if she wanted Saga to become frightened so he could give up on his foolish plans of acquiring power. "Cocytos is not really a part of Asgard or Midgard, but lies separate somewhere on Yggdrassil, the world tree. Cocytos is a dark land, darker than this lower land here. It is filled with vile monsters and creatures that you have not seen before nor could ever come to imagine. Cocytos is an extra planar world that was constructed by the first disobedient child."

"How do you know all this?" Saga interrupted. He already was hooked and wanted to learn more. Somehow, the demon prince could tell his mother was not lying.

"Because I was there when my brother designed it and constructed it," Hel answered, not too proudly. The revelation surely rocked Saga and Magatha. "I aided him with my magic."

"What?" Saga sputtered. "You were...."

"Yes, I was there." Hel went on. "As were others from our ancient family. But let us not deviate from our current topic. Cocytos was constructed merely as a soul-collecting plane, a large tomb where all evil dead souls end up in. It is the opposite of what Elysia (paradise) is. Souls are tortured there day and night without rest as payment for their committed bad or evil deeds."

Magatha lowered her head sadly as she imagined that: all sorts of creatures being tortured. Saga didn't feel sad at all, no, he was on the edge of his seat and willing to hear more.

"Cocytos is the only place where Orihalcon is found," Hel went on after she clearly noticed Saga's excitement. "You want power, Saga? Then all you have to do now is go to that foul place and acquire a chunk of Orihalcon. I will make you a sword even more powerful than our own Demon Sword Levantine if you are successful, a sword that will make you stronger the more foes you kill."

Saga's eyes glittered greedily and with excitement, and Hel did not miss that and became saddened within, for the more she went on with her explanation the more her son drifted away from reconsidering. Somehow, she forced herself to continue.

"Bring me two chunks and I shall also craft you a suit of armor stronger and durable than any in existence. With the armor and weapon in hand...you'd be nearly unstoppable."

"Nearly?" Saga did not like that word, behind his mask his eyes narrowed dangerously. "I don't like the sound of that."

"Orihalcon is a rare element, son, the walls of Cocytos are made out of it, they have withstood the passage of time unchanged, unaffected, even when they were attacked by a large force of magicians long ago. No one really knows how much damage Orihalcon can endure, my brother, who was the only one who ever wore such an armor, was untouchable, until our father was able to finish him off at the cost of his own life."

There was nothing more to hear, decisively Saga stood up from the table. "I will do it," he bravely said. "I will go to this place...Cocytos, and acquire what you want. Should I be successful you will keep your word and craft the sword and armor for me, and when that is said and done, I will leave Tartakus and start out on my own. I promise not to cause trouble for you again, mother, nor will I ever attack Tartakus should I somehow rise to power. I will never forget about my roots."

Hel rose from her chair, as did Magatha, both concerned, for with his words Saga was letting them know that he would set out on a conquest.

"There is nothing I can say to change your mind?" Hel looked straightly and hopeful at her son, who shook his head right away.

"Your chances of succeeding are low," Hel warned, her voice shaky, the queen of Tartakus just wanted for her son to reconsider. "Cocytos is no place for the living, should you go there, the creatures there will know of your presence, and they will attack you until they kill you, for you are not one of them. And should they kill you, they will keep your soul and torture it for as long as time itself endures. You still wish to go, my son?"

Saga walked away from his mother and sister and just stared off at a stone-made statue of queen Hel that stood in the corner of the room. "I have never been afraid of anything," he said. "your tale of Cocytos does not inspire fear in me. If all is real as you say, then I want to go there and experience it on my own. Should I fall to the creatures there, I will fall honorably...what happens after that wouldn't really matter." Saga then turned around and asked. "I will get the stones, just tell me how to get there"

*End of Chapter*

-edit- Thanks Josie, I was posting this and did not see your comment.

"Fine, it will be done, son." Hel said, just to shut him up. "Let's forget about this incident and instead talk about what we are supposed to be talking about...you wanted to know how to acquire power?"

"She won't have her ear at the door this time, eh?" Saga mocked his mother, who just shook her head. He brought out a dagger and said, "I may just send this exploding dagger there at will, so she better not."

"Enough, Saga, no need for that, Ailyth won't spy us. Come with me, you two," she invited him and Magatha over to a round table within her large chamber. "Let us sit so I can tell you about this other option."

These are the only mistakes I found. They are all mere left out apostrophes (that I conviently bolded for you;))

P.S. I will read Part 2 and edit in my thoughts.

EDIT: Finished the chapter. So Saga has to travel to Cocytos (rhymes with taquitos:P) and get some Orihalcon so he can be nearly unbeatable. But it is filled with creatures that do not like the living and will kill him. Sounds reasonable lol. I'll like to see how and when Saga ventures through this land. I only caught one tiny mistake this time.

"Bring me two chunks and I shall also craft you a suit of armor stronger and more durable than any in existence. With the armor and weapon in hand...you'd be nearly unstoppable."

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Ahhh. So this was the other option. Seems more deadly but reasonable. Weird. :P Great Chapter Atsie, I will go back to the beginning and eventually PM you the edited version later. Can't wait to see where Saga ends up.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
These are the only mistakes I found. They are all mere left out apostrophes (that I conviently bolded for you;))

P.S. I will read Part 2 and edit in my thoughts.

EDIT: Finished the chapter. So Saga has to travel to Cocytos (rhymes with taquitos:P) and get some Orihalcon so he can be nearly unbeatable. But it is filled with creatures that do not like the living and will kill him. Sounds reasonable lol. I'll like to see how and when Saga ventures through this land. I only caught one tiny mistake this time.
Now see, this is great feedback, you not only told me about what you read, but you also helped me out greatly by pointing out mistakes. I corrected those, and I surely thank you for that, now I'll try to see if I can learn from those mistakes, if I do, you should be able to see that in my future posts. Good going, friend, I encourage you to continue to do this as often as you can, I can benefit much from this. :yes:

Ahhh. So this was the other option. Seems more deadly but reasonable. Weird. :P Great Chapter Atsie, I will go back to the beginning and eventually PM you the edited version later. Can't wait to see where Saga ends up.
Deadly? Yeah, but you already know why Hel recurred to this other option, she just wanted to keep Niflheim safe. She has plans to go back there one day. Okay, thanks, I will be waiting for that.

I lieks it still Ats keep up the good work
Thanks Josie, you know I will. ;)

c11.png

Tartakus

"I will most certainly get you there," Hel responded a few seconds later. "But you will not be going alone, I'm afraid."

"What now?" asked Saga, throwing his hands to the side in frustration. "I can do this alone!"

"Cocytos is a dangerous place," Hel rose her voice, walking towards him with a very much concerned Magatha at her side. "If you are so convinced that you want to go, then you'll do it with a party or you won't go at all. Heck, I am having seconds thoughts about letting you go, I think I will just keep you here safely where you belong, I can just have Magatha teach you more advanced magical spells."

Magatha glanced at her dear brother with hopes that he would agree to that instead of his current death wish to go to the world of Cocytos. Seeing his glaring eyes, she quickly withered the thought.

Frustrated, Saga was about to protest, but he calmed down and nodded at his mother. "Fine, tell me, mother, what do you have in mind?"

"Fifty of our elite demons will accompany you there," Hel quickly said with a light smile. "For your own protection and for my own relief. Believe me when I say you will need all the help you can take. You'll be thanking me once you return...if you return at all!"

Saga read the anguish in his mother's words, he understood that she was really worried about him. Was Cocytos really such a dangerous place that she worried so much?

"Fifty demons? I can live with that. Alright, have them assembled as quickly as possible, I want to do this right now."

Putting her hand on his shoulder, Hel told him to calm down. "I am not done, Saga," she went on. "Just relax, listen to me. You will get your chance, but you will also have to take Ailyth along."

"No way," Saga quickly turned around and walked away. "No way, never!"

"Ailyth will go or else you won't be going either! Magatha, prepare your most advanced tomes, it seems to me that Saga is willing to stay here after all."

"Why?" Saga turned back around, rage evident in his eyes. "Why her? Why not Magatha or you?"

Magatha seemed shocked then, and she innocently glanced from Saga to queen Hel.

"Never mind," Saga said when he saw her reaction. "I'd never take you two anyway, I would not expose you to danger."

"Magatha is not going anywhere," Hel said, looking at Magatha, who relaxed at those words, for the younger daughter had no intention to go to such a dangerous place, not even if Saga--the brother she loved so much as her own life--was going. "Though that certainly does not mean she wont be helping out, I need her here with me if I am to open a portal to Cocytos."

"A portal?" Saga was thrown off, but then he recalled his mother relating that Cocytos was in some other plane, surely it was not connected to the lands he knew.

"As compensation for having helped him construct that place, my brother allowed me to keep a key to enter it at will if I needed to. Not really a key but the means to be able to enter Cocytos. There is no other entrance to it, a portal is necessary. I know how to open it and close it, but I wont be doing it if you don't agree to take Ailyth along."

Saga, in desperation, scratched his head and paced about the room thinking hard on what he was going to do. He had never liked Ailyth much, and he became upset that his mother was apparently going to force him to take her along.

"Saga," Hel surprised him and brought him to a stop. He turned to face her. "Ailyth will help you in your quest. She's the best at what she does. She's my second for a reason, she will definitely come handy. Look, son, I know you have never liked her that much. You don't like her because of her ancient heritage...she was human long ago, now she is one of us, you are just too blind to accept it."

Saga looked off to the side, unable to say anything. Yes, he knew Ailyth was great at using magic, Hel had taught her well. And she definitely knew how to fight using melee weapons as well, though Saga had rarely seen her in action, had just seen her training legions of warriors, those that belonged to her.

"Ailyth is the first human I encountered during our arrival to Midgard," Hel related. "She was dying, I saved her and she pledged her allegiance to me in exchange for a new shot at life. Over the passage of time she's done so much for me, for the realm, she's proven her loyalty a thousand times over. I even see her as a daughter as well."

Saga turned a mean stare his mother's way. "Yes, you love her much. She's never done anything for me, except has brought plenty of frustrations, that is why I hate her...and because she used to be a human."

"Just give her a chance," Hel sweetly proposed. "You'll come to understand she is not that bad. She's been watching over you for so long. During your warring with the neighboring realms she was out there looking out for you...at her own request. She's never hated you as you have hated her."

Saga said nothing, just remained quietly staring at his mother. But then he turned around and smiled, for an idea had occurred in his clever mind. He could agree to take Ailyth along only to dispose of her in Cocytos. If all went well, Saga could kill two birds with one stone: he would dispose of Ailyth and get the Orihalcon stones.

"What are you thinking, my son?" Hel asked, seeing that he had remained very thoughtful.

"I...I think I will...take her along," Saga kept his deceptive plan well hidden. He turned around and added in a serious tone. "Only because I want to do this. I accept, mother, she can come along, but she better not be a burden."

For the first time in a long time, Hel smiled proudly at her son. She pat his shoulder and said, "Then if you have agreed to this, I will keep my word and open the portal to Cocytos."

"How soon can you have the portal ready?" Saga seemed overly anxious.

"How soon can you inform Ailyth that she is to go with you?" Hel asked with a wide smile.

For a long minute Saga just remained staring at his mother, then he nodded back at her.

"Go, my son," she said, unaware of Saga's true intentions. "Tell her she is to go with you, and tell her to assemble the fifty elite demons. Come to the throne room when you are ready, I will open the portal there."

"Very well, mother," Saga said, then he stared at Magatha and nodded at her before starting his walk towards the door.

Feeling excited over what was happening, Hel joyously stared at her daughter and invited her to follow her to the throne room. "Come, Magatha, we have a portal to open."

Magatha followed her, though she felt nervous as she did, for despite feeling as happy as her mother was for Saga's apparent change when it came to dealing with Ailyth, she was frightened that they would be heading to that horrible place. What if none of those who were going came back?

*End of Chapter*

Ganondork

goo
Ok, in the past three days, I have read every chapter. A few multiple times over. And this is an amazing story. The one thing that I truly wish you would do is greatly detail a battle, like when Loki and the All-Mother fought. This really was worth reading and I'm happy that I decided to. Now one problem I saw this chapter was:

Atsuma said:
Yes he knew Ailyth was great at using magic

Other than that, it's all good. Keep it up, my brother ;)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
So now Saga has other plans... You surprised me with Ailyth.

Great job Ats! Can't wait for the next chapter! :D
It's not much of a chapter this next one, but it keeps the story moving. And thanks.

I think Saga's feelings are going to change about Ailyth as soon as he sees her in action. :) haha lol great chapter Atsie!
Thanks, Vatti. You never know what I come up with, so I hope you continue following the story. You know what I have in mind? Well allow me to explain briefly since I forgot to say this last time.

You see, all those of you who signed up as Einherjar still have to wait quite a bit to read about your characters. First I am working on Saga's rise to power, but since it will take me a while to get things where I want them, I don't want you all to get bored just reading on Saga, and so I will make a thread which will be for all Midgardian characters to appear in a serious of missions, etc. (Excerpt) It's like a separate story that is happening at the same time as Saga's own events are developing in Netherrealm. Then it all comes together when Saga finally brings his minions to Midgard in an attempt to expand his power and rule. It will be fun to read, and your characters will be introduced faster, so I hope you read that as well, it will be much fun, I promise. ;)

Ok, in the past three days, I have read every chapter. A few multiple times over. And this is an amazing story. The one thing that I truly wish you would do is greatly detail a battle, like when Loki and the All-Mother fought. This really was worth reading and I'm happy that I decided to. Now one problem I saw this chapter was:

Other than that, it's all good. Keep it up, my brother ;)
Thanks for reading, Ganny. I will correct that mistake soon as I post this. :) Thanks for pointing that out, very helpful.

c12.png

Tartakus

When Saga had found and approached her in one lonely corridor of the palace, Ailyth had not believed what she was experiencing. Saga, the person who had hated her the most through out the passage of time, had come to speak with her.

Saga stood in front of her not knowing what to do. For a long moment they just stared at each other, but then it was Saga who cleared his throat and spoke in a gentle tone. "It seems that my mother has a mission for you. I am here to let you know that you are to accompany me to a dark and very dangerous place. You are to assemble fifty elite demons and be prepared to depart in ten minutes. Think you are up for it?"

Dumbfounded is how Ailyth stared at Saga, for she still could not believe he had come to her personally and let her know of queen Hel's wishes. She nodded slowly and even nervously, never taking her eyes off of him. "Y-Yes, prince Saga, of course. I will go and get the squad ready at once." She bowed at him with much respect.

"Also," Saga went on, feeling ill for having come to speak to her, the one being he hated the most. "Prepare provisions, the mission may take us some time, so it's best if we prepare ourselves well. Arm the elite demons with the best weapons and armor we have, and arm yourself well, it's going to get dangerous, according to my mother."

Ailyth bowed at him, and she turned around ready to go complete the order given, however, Saga detained her by adding. "Before you leave, where are my two demon friends?"

"Down in the sub level in individual cells," Ailyth said right as she turned back to face him. "You wish to see them, prince?"

Saga not only nodded at her, but he also said, "Yes. And I want them freed."

"After I assemble the squad I will take care of--"

"No," Saga cut her short, bringing his hand up to silence her. "I'll go release them myself, I have much to talk to them about. You go and take care of your orders and meet me back in the throne room, my mother should be there, she's preparing the portal as we speak."

"Oh. Then you will need this," Ailyth said and brought out a silver, rounded key holder from within a pocket of an invisible satchel she carried at her waist. "Use the golden key, it opens all cells down there."

Saga took the key holder, which held lots of keys, including the golden one. Seeing the key amongst many others, he nodded at Ailyth and turned around, ready to depart, however, it was Ailyth's turn to detain him.

"If you are releasing your two demon friends, may I suggest you don't release the other prisoners, my prince?"

Saga turned around and stared at her. "Why?"

"Some of those are traitors to the realm, they are awaiting their execution for having spied on us and delivered information to our enemies recently."

"Very well, go at ease, I'll just be releasing Sammy and Repiv, no one else." Saga said then turned around and left.

Ailyth watched the prince go, then she smiled excitedly and turned around, the ex-human eager to go complete the given orders. Ailyth was more than excited, she felt very glad since this would be the first mission besides prince Saga. According to his words he had said that they were going to a dark and very dangerous place. As she walked through the lit corridor, Ailyth had to wonder which place this could be, but it really did not matter to her where she was sent, not if she officially would be at Saga's side. Maybe this mission would mark the start of many more, maybe this mission would allow her to be able to break the ice, that cold displeasure which Saga felt towards her. Yes, Ailyth could only hope this was the start of many exciting adventures beside the being she loved.

*End of Chapter*

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Ats its getting real good post more I really want to see when is my character is coming :)

Great chapter, as always. So Ailyth and Saga are now ready to travel to Midgard. And Ailyth is in love with Saga? That is quite a twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom