• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Asassin's Creed IV Debut Trailer

Here is the debut trailer for the game. Thoughts on the trailer? The game? Are the games being released on a yearly basis a good thing? Talk it here.

While I like the trailer, I really wish that Assassin's Creed would not be an annual release series. It really cheapens the series and makes it kinda feel over-saturated.

yeah its a bit much to have one every year, the games aren't that great either, there is no time for a big change or new feature so they're getting boring really fast. AC3 was like an event and was played during the trailers at the cinema numerous times in one sitting, it felt rather epic but with AC4 coming out so soon afterwards it really doesn't feel very special, particularly since we've had the POTC movies and AC4 does nothing but remind me of them. The white robes are looking a bit out of place now too, they worked the first couple of times and they looked super cool in AC3 in an out of place but totally cool way, AC4 just looks out of place and that's it, nothing else to it. Maybe it'll be a good game, the trailer is certainly entertaining and it feels like an overly-serious POTC film (Sparrow 30years later) but had they waited then it may have made more of an impact, i only saw new DLC for AC3 about two weeks ago. Slow down Ubisoft, you'll give yourself and aneurysm.

I think the trailer is awesome. It shows a lot about Edward; he's a charming ladies man, but he's also a feared pirate and assassin. He reminds me a lot of Ezio, and that's definitely a good thing. I think overall the debut trailer is just excellent; it shows us the tone of the game and gives us a good feel for it without giving too much away.

The game looks fantastic right now to me. Maybe I'm just a Pirates of the Caribbean fanboy, but I think the setting looks awesome. Hopefully the combat will be just as good as it was in III, if not better, and I think it's safe to say that we'll see more naval battles. The port cities look good, and they should be great for parkour. I'm just really excited for this game.

AC games coming out every year is a major plus in my opinion. It gives us what we want in a short period of time, unlike other series that take 5 years to release a game (*cough*Zelda*cough*). And besides, a year between releases doesn't intrinsically mean a year of development. Ubisoft has had teams working on Black Flag since 2010, so it's by no means a rushed game. I don't see any problem with annual releases, as long as each game is refreshing and well-developed.

octorok74

TETTAC
I don't like the idea for the game, but the trailer itself is pretty impressive. I don't like the direction. It seems the game will focus more on sea travel and what not. Navel missions were a fun side thing in ACIII, but a game that may incorporate it as a large part is just stupid to me. UNless they make it to were this assassin can't touch water like Altair because he will drown. That would make the game challenging and I think we need more challenging games.

octorok74

TETTAC
Man, that'd be one crappy assassin.

Well they explained it in the first AC as a glitch in the Animus. Who's to say that can't happen again. Technology isn't flawless. But I just don't like the idea being focused on the water more. And one AC game a year is too much. The Tyranny of King Washington just came out for ACIII. And it is in three parts. They are rushing out games for what reason? Other then to rake in money, I don't see one. The games are great for the most part. But if ACIV's assassin is as cold and indifferent as Connor, then I think I may be done with the series. I want a character that actually has feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom