• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

As One from the Start?

Is Phi already part of the Skyward Sword or not?

• Yes, she's already in it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, she mixes with a sword Link has/gets

• I don't know

• I don't care

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So, we all know that Phi houses herself in the Skyward Sword. However, there's been minor controversy over whether or not she was always part of the Skyward Sword or that she just houses herself in a sword of Link's. Personally, I find it very unlikely that a sword with an entity in it is just lying around in Skyloft waiting for Link's destiny to be realized. I think she'll either house herself in Link's "Skyloftian Sword," transforming it into the Skyward Sword, or that there's a ceremonial sword that all Knights get that has the same blue hilt that the Skyward Sword has that she houses herself in, giving it that blue gem on the hilt (thereby still making it the Skyward Sword). But what do you think? Please vote on the poll and tell your answers in the comments! :)

arkvoodle

Diabolical
My personal theory is after link dons the hero's clothes (or knight's clothes), and after Zelda is kidnapped, his sort of emotional plea identifies him as the hero, and as such, the spirit of the sword chooses him, and enters the sword to assist the chosen hero.

I've considered a few alternatives, such as the spirit being with Zelda, then transferring to Link after she is kidnapped by the whale creature/Ghirahim/servant of the goddesses.

It's hard to tell really, but another theory of mine is that the spirit will be inside the sword, and will be awakened when the true hero weilds is.

How do my theories sound?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
My personal theory is after link dons the hero's clothes (or knight's clothes), and after Zelda is kidnapped, his sort of emotional plea identifies him as the hero, and as such, the spirit of the sword chooses him, and enters the sword to assist the chosen hero.

I've considered a few alternatives, such as the spirit being with Zelda, then transferring to Link after she is kidnapped by the whale creature/Ghirahim/servant of the goddesses.

It's hard to tell really, but another theory of mine is that the spirit will be inside the sword, and will be awakened when the true hero weilds is.

How do my theories sound?

I really like the first one. I'd never thought of some sort of "emotional plea" before. The second one I kind of doubt, though. The third one, however, I'm really sure isn't the case, as Phi saved Link without him touching the Skyward Sword.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
What if Phi was Zelda's bird?

It makes sense, when the tornado happens, Zelda gets sucked in with her bird, so Zelda's Bird would be there to transform and save Link. Maybe...Zelda's Bird has been to the land below before, and then knows where Zelda was taken to. Then, Link dons the Hero's Clothes from the old man (presumably Zelda's father) and he tells him to go find Link, and with Phi, Link heads down to Hyrule.

However, he wouldn't ride on Phi since Link has his own bird, so she houses herself in Link's sword, making it the Skyward Sword. That's how it could make sense, the Skyward Sword drives Link to the land below. Then, Phi could actually merge WITH the Sword to become the Master Sword.

Make sense? Could it be a possibility?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
What if Phi was Zelda's bird?

It makes sense, when the tornado happens, Zelda gets sucked in with her bird, so Zelda's Bird would be there to transform and save Link. Maybe...Zelda's Bird has been to the land below before, and then knows where Zelda was taken to. Then, Link dons the Hero's Clothes from the old man (presumably Zelda's father) and he tells him to go find Link, and with Phi, Link heads down to Hyrule.

However, he wouldn't ride on Phi since Link has his own bird, so she houses herself in Link's sword, making it the Skyward Sword. That's how it could make sense, the Skyward Sword drives Link to the land below. Then, Phi could actually merge WITH the Sword to become the Master Sword.

Make sense? Could it be a possibility?

Eh. I think that's a huge stretch.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Nice ideas, JJ...but can you explain the Knight statement to me? Has an order of them confirmed in SS? :yes:

Personally I believe Phi could be a free spirit, whose past was long and mysterious like Midna's. But she will rescue Link after Ghirahim's tornado dismounts him from his Loft Bird, and for some reason she finds interest in Link's "ceremonial" blade. She chooses to hide there to remain unseen (not because she might scare others, as Midna feared) and takes on calling Link "Master," since he is wielder of the sword. By residing in the blade she can cause energy beams to etch up/down it when pointed Skyward. Eventually this duo will come across an artifact of some sort, or a prophecy--both to my belief--vital to the story and partake in the retrieval and then crowning of Zelda, after she is rescued from Ghirahim, or whoever the main antagonist may be...

At least this is my best interpretation of Phi's role.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Nice ideas, JJ...but can you explain the Knight statement to me? Has an order of them confirmed in SS? :yes:

216750_172760559460348_125038904232514_372910_4618474_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

:lol: A picture is worth a thousand words.

Oh, cool! So there'll be protectors of Skyloft who patrol the heavens in case of an attack. I wonder if and hope there will be a trial where we have to defend Skyloft from invading monsters. I've always wondered if Link would help defend a castle undersiege, sort of like Lord of the Rings with Helm's Deep.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Oh, cool! So there'll be protectors of Skyloft who patrol the heavens in case of an attack. I wonder if and hope there will be a trial where we have to defend Skyloft from invading monsters. I've always wondered if Link would help defend a castle undersiege, sort of like Lord of the Rings with Helm's Deep.

These guys are actually riding over Skyloft before the ceremony starts, but, sure, they could defend the island if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom