• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo As of late March 2023, it will no longer be possible to make Nintendo eShop purchases for the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
It's sad to see the 3DS and WiiU eshop close, but I guess it was going to happen at some point.

I guess this is my call to buy the couple of VC games that I wanted. :bear:

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Are there even any Zelda games that are worth purchasing through Nintendo Eshop on 3DS? We can still access them after we purchase them right? Maybe I should buy some quick...

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
Are there even any Zelda games that are worth purchasing through Nintendo Eshop on 3DS? We can still access them after we purchase them right? Maybe I should buy some quick...
I hope we're still able to access them after the shop shuts down, it wouldn't make sense not to, but I don't know.

As far as I know these are all the Zelda eshop games available:
  • NES games:
- Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II: Adventure of Link

• SNES games:
- A Link to the Past (only available for "New" 3DS/2DS systems)
  • GBC games:
- Link's Awakening DX
- Oracle of Ages
- Oracle of Seasons
  • Original 3DS games:
- Ocarina of Time (remake)
- A Link Between Worlds
- Majora's Mask (remake)
- Tri Force Heroes
- Hyrule Warriors

I think there's also The Minish Cap, but it's limited to Ambassador members only. :ezlo:

Last edited:

Dapperchihiro123

I got a key! Let me find a door!
Can you get spirit tracks and phantom hourglass? I don't want to play them, but they are ds games and not 3ds games, but I thought I saw them on there. I would be concerned about the ds Mario games, because they are amazing, but I have all of them, so no worry there. The only possible thing I could need is pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire. These game look amazing, and I am biased, gen 6 being my favorite gen.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It was inevitable, but it still hurts. I've continued to use these systems since the Switch came out (although obviously not as much in comparison).

Across the two systems, I have dozens of downloaded Virtual Console and Digital-only titles, and there's still a good chunk for offer I'll have to download before it's no longer an option. Primarily, the Game Boy and Game Boy Colour games on 3DS, and the Game Boy Advance games on Wii U that aren't officially supported anywhere else.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm gonna spend some time on the e-shop to find many different games I want for the future and just buy a huge chunk of them. Stocking up and actually own games instead of having Nintendo become a subscription service that can remove any games on that service whenever they feel like it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom