• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Artstyle In Another Game

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Skyward Swords Artstyle was amazing in my opinion and I was wondering if people thought that the Artstyle should be reused for another Zelda Game or even another game.

Even with the next Zelda game being in HD they'll almost certainly use another art style, I can just see it being a really detailed version of SS really. Which really isn't what I'd want.

I'm still kind of wishin SS looked like it did in the official posters rather than what the game actually looked like. A very experimental art style perhaps would have turned more heads than what outsiders have just assumed is 'another cartoon' zelda.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I, for one, would like the main Zelda games to be a more serious tone like Twilght Princess and what we're expecting for Zelda Wii U. But really, the graphics should be whatever the atsmosphere of the game brings. Though I Personally don't like SS graphics, I feel that it fit the game perfectly. Because I do wish to see another game like SS, I must say that I would enjoy seeing its graphics in the future for such a game.

Fig

The Altruist
I would love to see Skyward Sword's art style in a future Zelda game. I am still in awe of its amazing graphics. They game looks like the perfect to live and explore if the landscape was real in the real world. :D

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
I loved the art style of Skyward Sword, but I think for at least the next game they should use an HD version of Twilight Princess graphics, like the demo from E3 2011.

I loved the graphics of Skyward Sword! However, i don't think i would like to see them used in another Zelda game. I think the HD Zelda for Wii U should be a mix of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Perhaps for a handheld game, like the 3DS, i would love to see the skyward sword graphics! :)

I agree with Random Person here. Nintendo chooses a distinct artstyle for each game depending on the specific emotion or message they wish to project. Skyward Sword was meant to portray a bright and vibrant world prior to the appearance of Ghirahim and Demise and it did so very well. When darker scenes needed to be portrayed, however, especially starting from the Ghirahim bridge cutscene following completion of the Lanayru Mining Facility, Skyward Sword executed so very well. Given the history of Nintendo reusing most franchise artstyles (same on in LA and OoX, same style in both N64 games with slightly updated engine in MM, cell-shaded graphics in TWW and DS sequels), there is a high probability we may see Skyward Sword's artstyle yet again.

T

trueguitarist95

I personally don't really like the art style of SS. For the next game, the graphics should be way better. I wouldn't have minded the graphics in SS if some of the bosses didn't look so ridiculous (I'm looking at you Sandship boss, tentacle hair? Fat? One eyeball? C'mon...was expecting something more intimidating...)

I want Nintendo to continue to experiment, evolve, and push the limits of an HD console. Beauty comes in so many forms, I just want something to excite me again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom