• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Artistic Ability

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
*I could not find a recent, similar thread.

This is a pretty simplistic thread, really, do you believe you have any artistic ability?

The arts consist of a wide variety of arranged topics and subjects. You can be involved in to anything all the way from theater, to painting, to singing and so on. Whatever it may be, do you believe you have some sort of artistic ability, or maybe even skill or talent? If not, how come? Discuss.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I believe I do. Drawing is something I've done ever since I was little, so even if I wasn't born with an aptitude for it, I've been able to get much better through my hard work. My talents in drawing are rather limited though, as anything but a portrait view is incredibly difficult for me to draw properly. I can draw males well, but drawing females is something I've always found harder for me to do. I'm also not very good at body positions and proportions. I do have the talent, but it's a limited talent.

As far as other artistic abilities go, I believe I have some talent in them. I'm very good at memorizing lines and acting things out, so if I wanted to, I might have been able to participate in my school's plays. I might be able to be a good actor... if I wasn't held back by my insane stage fright. I get terrified just by being on the stage, even if the audience's attention isn't directed towards me. So I might have some talent in that area, but I definitely don't have the courage to pursue or improve it.

The only singing talent I have is singing along to songs. I was in chorus in 6th grade, but I only lasted one concert before I quit. I don't really like singing in front of people. I also have no interest in dancing whatsoever, so I can't even begin to talk about whether I believe I have any artistic ability on that subject.

I would call myself most talented in writing. I believe I'm pretty good at it, and I've been told I'm good by a lot of people. It's something I love doing, and it's also what I want to do for a living. I haven't been writing for very long, though; not nearly as long as I've been drawing. It's a recently discovered talent, you could say. I wouldn't call myself amazing at it just yet, although I do think I'm really good at it. I can only improve my ability, though, and that's what I plan to do. I believe I have the ability, but I have plenty of room for improvement.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I like to think I do! I mean, I work as a designer and rarely have to actually produce art, but, always need to think creatively. But, I can draw. That's the one thing I can do; I came out of Art with an A at least, and my final piece was done with an F Pencil because I couldn't find any others and the teacher was like "You did THAT with an F pencil?" I didn't want to tell her it was laziness to not get up but, I let her dream it was talent. ;)

Skittles

Rainbows!
Hahaha. Err...*cough*

Yes, yes, dear I believe I do...probably. Or maybe I just apply magic to my hands and make stuff out of nothing. That would be even cooler. :D

Really though, I'm a half-decent artist (more like digital art), pretty good graphic designer, and a very good writer. It almost sounds like I'm boasting, but you did ask so I'll supply the amazing awesomeness of my abilities. Alright, well, anyway...it could be in exchange for not being that good at sports...*sigh* (Other than riding horses...)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've always been a very creative person, and it's something that has stuck with me my whole life. I enjoy a lot of different things, so it's all a matter of what inspires me for the time being. I've had periods where I've spent a lot of time drawing and/or painting, other times it's writing stories (mostly fanfiction) which has held my attention, other times it's been making fanvideos. Occasionally I will have some kind of crafty project, like making some costume for myself. Every now and then I love working on more digital type of art, like layouts for my website, wallpapers, signatures, icons, etc.

I feel I do fairly well what I do. Not the very top ranks, but well enough to draw at least a little attention/appreciation. I have a lot of fun with it and cannot imagine what life would have been without it :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have absolutely no talent. Drawing - can't do it. Writing - nothing comes out except scrambled sentences.

I've tried watching how others do the art stuff, and when I try to replicate or at least improve, it never actually happens. :(

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
On paper I believe I have artistic ability. On a computer, however, I lack any artistic ability whatsoever. Now I'm compelled to dig up some of that garbage I made.

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
I think I do not.

I do have some skills in drawing, I'm not saying I'm good, but I can do some good looking stuff.

However, I do not believe art stops at the product itself, I believe art must contain a message, emotions, something true and when I write or draw, I do not deliver a message or emotions, I'm only doing some "filler" stuff and that's why I believe I don't do art.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hah, I was going to say my artistic level is at, like, negative twelve, but then I saw that you are referring to creativity as a whole, not just art...

Well, I love music. I play harp and piano, and I've sang before. Music is terribly important to me, and it's something I love very, very much. I don't know what I'd do if I weren't a musician. I think I possess some talent in that area, but I'm not a terribly persistent player, so I don't practice as often as I should, and thus I don't get much better. But I do play in an orchestra, and that tests my ability quite often.

I've also been involved with theatre at my school for about three years, though that's more of something I do on the side for fun than an actual "talent".

Lastly, writing is my passion. I've been telling stories since before I knew how to write -- I use to scribble on paper and pretend they were tales about fictional characters. Ever since I was very young, I've been writing my own "books", mostly fantasy: from tales about fairies, to blatant rip-offs of "The Magic Tree House", stories about how the sky turns green, a mermaid kingdom, and later in life, fanfiction about Wizard101 and The Legend of Zelda. I've wrote so much, and it's a huge part of my life, defining a lot of who I am. I'd like to think that I'm "skilled" in it, or at least have a good understanding of it. I'm not fantastic or perfect, but it's still not bad.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I've been in band class since 4th grade. I think that counts for a little bit of talent. ;)
I played flute for all of that time, and this year I took up mellophone for marching band. (it's like a big trumpet.) I can read sheet music so I can play piano and pick at guitar a little bit, and I can make noises on almost every instrument I touch. Now, the question is whether or not they're good quality noises... XD

I've also been told I'm good at writing, but I don't show many people my serious work. Pretty much the only person I've shown is my best friend, and she said she loved it, but she's my best friend so I don't really trust her judgement...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom