• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Art Styles in Zelda.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
What is your favorite? Least Favorite? Mine is TP. mainly because it is serious and realistic. it also as the anime style, which I love. My least favorite, has to the spirit tracks art style.:(

I honestly like them all for different reasons.. but Ocarina 3D and Wind Waker are probably my fave.

Favorite styles - Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. I'm also taking into account the design of dungeons and the overall world, characters, atmosphere, etcetera. Least favorite would probably be Phantom Hourglass. I liked the cel-shaded style in Wind Waker but I don't think it translated all that well into the handheld sequels, but that's simply my opinion. Also because I felt that they kind of milked the style a bit after Wind Waker, with the Minish Cap also using a somewhat similar style, but I guess it's understandable. PH/ST are direct sequels, after all. *shrugs*

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Hmm, I'll take TP because it looks realistic, but not too realistic. It's very intense to see Link realistic. I also love OoT3D's graphics. It's more clear and fascinating to see in the 3D effect. It's kinda real in the 3D effect. Spirit Tracks has some flaws on the art style, but very interesting^^

Favorite- OoT (Real enough to be taken seriously but not too dark looking to make it dull)
Least Fav- TP(To realistic looking imo opinion. It was soooo dark)

geek4887

The Unknown
My favorite is Twilight Princess, just because it brought the whole world of Hyrule to life, and in great artistic detail. Sure, the details weren't really "detailed" due to textures, but overall, the whole game was beautifully (in the artisitic sense) crafted. My least favorite would have to be...I dunno, I love all of them, but TP just stands out the most. :)

honestly tMC i dono why but the colours in that game just make everything look amazing,

when i last played through i emptied out all my faries out just so i could by lon-lon milk off malon simply because she looked soo awesome.(and milk isn't cheap in that game)

also MM style it just a tad more refined than OoT which brings out a littl more environment in places like the swamp and great bay but its not too over-the-top dull realism.

and SS looks preety sweet like the entire game has been drawn with water colours

Last edited:

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
For a while, it was cel-shading all the way, then Skyward Sword came along, and now that's my favorite. I completely love the cross between cel-shading and a little realism. My least favorite is absolutely Twilight Princess's. I think a realistic Zelda would be cool, but Twilight Princess's palette was so dark, and the whole world just seemed dull to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom