• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Arrow Ideas

Aro

Ok so I have lots of ideas floating around in my head and I’m wanting some LoZ arrow ideas. I want serious answers of things that may actually look somewhat realistic to a LoZ game and I don’t want any OP arrows either. Also no guns or bullets or something like that.
Here are some of my arrow ideas so you don’t say the same arrows as me (also if you have feedback I’d like that too):

Sheika Arrow- an arrow carved by the sheika for extra range

Steel Arrow- an arrow with a steel arrowhead for extra damage

Royal Arrow- an arrow that is special and meant for knights that has great damage and range

Magic Arrow- an arrow that is enhanced with magic and once was a steel arrow, can be infused with magic to increase range or power or 2 magic for both

Net Arrow- an arrow that explodes on contact into a net that incapacitates up to 2 enemies for 10s

Light Arrow- an arrow that does extra damage to bosses and corrupted enemies

Dark Arrow- an arrow that does extra damage to spelled enemies

Growth Arrow- an arrow that causes a climbable vine to grow from the ground, they disappear if they hit an enemy without dealing any damage

Gust Arrow- an arrow that pushes the enemy or object it hits with a gust of wind that pushes them, can be infused with magic to push them further and increase range of the arrow

Rope Arrow- an arrow with a rope attached so that when link shoots the arrow into a target he can climb up the rope

Piercing Arrow- an arrow that can pierce through thick armored enemies and on non-armored enemies it pierces through one and can hit another

Water Arrow- an arrow that has terrible range but when shot underwater it has an increased range

Master Arrow- an arrow that is made of unknown material that is quite rare and impossible to make, it seems to feel sacred and connected to you and if you have full hearts it glows and has increased power and range

Sniper Arrow- an arrow that has incredible range and when it land a headshot it will do double damage

Phantom Arrow- an arrow that moves through thin walls or fences or obstacles to hit targets or enemies on the other side

Cryonis Arrow- an arrow that creates a column of ice where the arrow land if it lands on any water, if it hits an enemy it will slow their movements down

Poison Arrow- an arrow that does normal damage but does extra damage overtime over a period of 10s

Glass Arrow- an arrow that breaks on impact, it causes a lot of damage and has a small AoE and deals a little damage in AoE

Last edited:

Aro

I like some of your suggestions, I think they'd be interesting to see implemented.
I must say however that both the Bomb Arrow and the Light Arrow already exists. Especially the Light Arrow is often in Zelda-games
Ok, tysm for your feedback

Impact Arrow-A non-lethal arrow with a blunt head that incapacitates rather then kills(could maybe be used on human enemies that are under demonic possessions out of their control or something); a headshot will result in an instant knockout.

Homing Arrow-An enchanted malice-seeking arrow that can home in on enemies. Costs some MP.

Petrification Arrow-An enchanted arrow that temporarily drains enemies of their life force, turning them to stone for a limited time. Smashing them with a hammer/ball of chain or other heavy object during this time will destroy them permanently. Costs a little bit of MP.

Black Hole Arrow-Creates a black hole when shot that sucks in enemies; not guaranteed to work on heavier, stronger foes. Costs alot of MP.

Acidic Arrows-Burns enemies from the inside when they get shot with one; does damage over time. Costs some MP.

Mine Arrows-Plants a mine wherever it makes its mark, whether on an enemy or on terrain. Can be remotely detonated at any time. Works well for traps on wandering enemies when you're feeling stealthy.

Aro

Impact Arrow-A non-lethal arrow with a blunt head that incapacitates rather then kills(could maybe be used on human enemies that are under demonic possessions out of their control or something); a headshot will result in an instant knockout.

Homing Arrow-An enchanted malice-seeking arrow that can home in on enemies. Costs some MP.

Petrification Arrow-An enchanted arrow that temporarily drains enemies of their life force, turning them to stone for a limited time. Smashing them with a hammer/ball of chain or other heavy object during this time will destroy them permanently. Costs a little bit of MP.

Black Hole Arrow-Creates a black hole when shot that sucks in enemies; not guaranteed to work on heavier, stronger foes. Costs alot of MP.

Acidic Arrows-Burns enemies from the inside when they get shot with one; does damage over time. Costs some MP.

Mine Arrows-Plants a mine wherever it makes its mark, whether on an enemy or on terrain. Can be remotely detonated at any time. Works well for traps on wandering enemies when you're feeling stealthy.
Wow, I really like some of your ideas, ty!

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Magnet arrow- attracts enemies weapons while it's flying to make more pointy things hit the target

Beetle arrow- basically the same as a homing arrow except the tip looks like the Beetle weapon from SS

Four arrow- can split in midair and hit four targets at once, rumored to be made from a similar material as the four sword

Timeshift arrow- restores the immediate area around where it hits to its past state. Can be useful in areas where there's no platforms in the present. Gives off an eerie blue glow, and has little effect on enemies.

Blowback arrow- deals a great amount of damage but gives Link a shoulder ache. Lose 1/4 of a heart.

Korok arrow- the Koroks carve these for Link as a sign of their friendship. They're entirely made of wood and leave. Don't deal much damage but it's a nice gesture and they work in a pinch

Spirit arrow- can harm poes when they aren't in solid form

Zora arrow- can be fired underwater

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I would actually love these or sleep arrows as a way to let me be pacifist toward nonthreatening enemies like wolves or weak bokoblin. The only issue would be supply as incapacitating ranged attacks tend to be strong and therefore hard to obtain

I have a habit of not killing things that aren't aggro and trying to run past things that aren't really a threat to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom