• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Armor

G

gerudo goyo

I think it would be cool to see some new armor. More elaborate pieces of armor rather than just a different color tunic. I could just imagine a Kokiri Armor looking like piece of samurai armor that's made out of deku leaves:cool:

I wonder what Gerudo Armor would look like?

Happy 4-20 everybody:)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I always thought it would be interesting to have pieces of armour that were able to be equipped in different combinations. For instance, you could obtain a chest piece, and a helmet, a waist piece / pants, boots, and gauntlets. Then you could mix and match for different effects or just appearances. It would be somewhat like the clothing customization in the Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, but then I suppose you're getting Zelda into more RPG territory...

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
i think having a suit of armour would be good. but to actually be able to interchange your armour is making zelda to unzelda. perhaps you could customize it by perhaps altering the colour and such but i dont think it should be taken further than that

I always liked the tunic switching and different abilities. Wouldn't really mind if it was armor, although that might make Link a little bulkier than I would prefer.

More unique special clothing, though, I agree with.

I would like some more interesting powers, too. The Zora Armor was just awesome, IMO. Not only could you breathe in water, but swim as well. ^^

T

Twilight_Link10

It would be awsome if in one game you get like gerudo goyo said kokiri armor made out of leaves or goron armor made out of rock and zora armor like in TP and then it would be awsome if you can get Darknut armor now that would be...EPIC:D:D

Click here to level up my card!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
It would be sweet to have armor but i would still want it to be worn over the tunic so that you could still see the tunic. Also, TP kind of did this. The Zora armor was much more than just a different colored tunic. The hat was completely different and there was actual plate armor. It was good and they should stick with that and add more armor types other than Zora such as Goron armor and Deku armor and so on.

It is an interesting idea, I suppose as long as we still see the 'original green tunic' somewhere around it'd work nicely.

I also agree with the idea that they don't necessarily have to be armour, having different outfits would be neat as well.

Claire

The Geekette
There has never really been a whole lot of big bulky armor within the series, and I would assume that is because Link is always portrayed as a somewhat novice fighter in the beginning. While we have seen some intricate armors, it is more common to have a basic tunic which contains magical abilities.

I find it, more or less, to be part of the image that has remained within the series. While Link has been caught sporting other types of armor or attire, he is always sporting a simple tunic in the games.

I don't like the idea of armour. Link doesn't look right in armour - he's meant to be a small-town boy with simple clothing. Plus, having big heavy metal all over you would lower your mobility, and Link is an agile fighter. TP did a really good job, having a Zora tunic that looked different from the Hero's Clothes, but still remained as, well, a tunic. I think that the best thing would be to have magic tunics with alterations to Link's original clothes, but not too bulky. They could have some armour pieces (like Zelda's shoulder armour, for example), but not a whole suit.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I don't like the idea of armour. Link doesn't look right in armour - he's meant to be a small-town boy with simple clothing. Plus, having big heavy metal all over you would lower your mobility, and Link is an agile fighter. TP did a really good job, having a Zora tunic that looked different from the Hero's Clothes, but still remained as, well, a tunic. I think that the best thing would be to have magic tunics with alterations to Link's original clothes, but not too bulky. They could have some armour pieces (like Zelda's shoulder armour, for example), but not a whole suit.

Yeah, this is kind of the same idea i was having. Give some armor add ons but make the green tunic visible.

I like the idea of having armour, especially that which you could customise and what-not. In fact, I would rather like to see armour in the Zelda games. However, I would want it to be that as you progressed through the game, you obtained more, and more intricate armour.
I think you should start out with no armour, and then as you complete dungeons obtain more armour - I think it would also be interesting to be able to purchase certain variates.
Still, I think Link's tunic should remain visible - if he wore plate armour, then the tunic would be worn over it, and so on.
I think it would be especially interesting and fun if you could give Link just certain pieces of armour, like helms, chain-mail, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom