• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Armor in Wii Zelda?

What type of armor do you think the new game should have?

• LttP type (percentage of damage off)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magic Armor (invincibility that uses magic/rupees)

• Tunics (water, fire, etc.)

• Total voters

Majora's Cat

How about that
I agree with Phantom Triforce. As with modern Zelda games, I believe that Skyward Sword will not only have additional Magic Armor, but classics clothing with the powers of the blue, red and green tunics.

Kybyrian

I think it's safe to say that we will see the tunics making a return, possibly with a few modifications. The tunics were one of the best ideas that Nintendo has had for the Zelda series, and I don't think they're going to drop it quite yet. It would also be nice to see some sort of Magic Armor which reduces the damage you take. I hope to see the magic meter back, as do many other people, and it would be great for some sort of magic armor. Perhaps something not quite like TWW where it uses magic and makes you invincible, but something that using magic at a slower pace and reduces damage by half or so. They could even think of something else for it to run off of. Either way, a type of magic armor would be very good and the tunics as well.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have an idea:

Red Tunic - Protects against Heat, reduces Fire attack damage by 50%, increases Ice/Water attack damage by 50%.
Blue Tunic - Breathe underwater, reduces Ice/Water attack damage by 50%, increases Fire attack damage by 50%.
Green Tunic - Does nothing, allows normal attack damage for all elements.

Basically, have tunics that protect against certain elements while making you vulnerable to others. Also, instead of temples that have a single "theme," mix and match the types of enemies you'll encounter so that you have to change up the strategy.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I think I remember reading something somewhere where Aonuma or Miyamoto said something about changing tunics in Skyward Sword. It was just a small little sidenote, nothing big; they didn't expand upon it or anything.

But I'm still a little excited for it :)

Nonetheless, I voted for water/fire/etc. tunics like the ones that they had in OoT (and other Zelda games as well). Although I'd like to see more than just blue and red tunics. Like some different colored tunics for other purposes as well. I hated the armors that took up all your rupees because I hardly ever had any (Link was never very rich whenever I was playing....). Either way, at least we know that there will be different tunics in SS (if that is exactly what Nintendo said and my memory isn't just screwing it up).

I'll post a link to the quote about the multiple tunics in SS if I can find it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom