• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda ARGH!

I completed the original LOZ today with all the heart containers. After I completed it, I then went to 'elimination mode' thinking that it was some extra feature. I then clicked on my file. My file has gone! What the hell man! As soon as I finish the game I accidentally delete my file! I'm gutted! Has this happened to anybody else?

Last edited:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Yep, that has happened to me before. It sucks and I stopped playing for the game for a couple of years because of that. I still have never completed the second quest because of it lol.

Yeah I thought this would have happened to others too. I'm not surprised, the phrase "elimination mode" is very misleading... Damn, all my hard work on that file deleted in an instant :(

Oh well, I guess it could have been worse - at least I finished the game before it happened (as opposed to losing the file half-way through)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
It is "Elimination Mode" for a reason. Hooray for old school Engrish games?

For anyone wanting to start Second Quest without having to go through first quest again, just make a new file and name it "Zelda." This is the "secret go to the Second Quest right away" code - at least on the original cartridge. I think it works on the GameCube version, as well. I have no idea if it works that way on other emulations, but I think that's something they kept from the classic game.

Gaming-Grandma Shadsie, away!

Well at least you completed the game when it happened, although you have no proof that you completed it, you will always know you did it! ;)

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Man that's rough. Too bad that there isn't an undo button. I haven't actually done it, but it is a common horror story I hear about. I am still on level 5 :(

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
didn't happen to me. doesn't the game come up with the usual 'are you sure you want to delete the file' message?

Yeah I thought this would have happened to others too. I'm not surprised, the phrase "elimination mode" is very misleading... Damn, all my hard work on that file deleted in an instant :(

Oh well, I guess it could have been worse - at least I finished the game before it happened (as opposed to losing the file half-way through)

Lol, misleading? It is exactly what it says " Deletion mode".

Well just an update, I got my file back lol. I just played through the entire game again from the start, only took me a few hours, and finally have my file back with second quest activated again! :D I am never touching 'elmination mode' again lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom