• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
BTW, thanks for YJack. He's awesome.... I missed it when you first put him up.... Heh... :sweat:

NOW I should ask for Margyreth, since I will never be able to draw him right because I'll be too much of a perfectionist and ogihashgkljsghliusdhfgejgnkviughlgvjks. So yeah.... I have... 3 versions of Margyreth now, but with two the only difference in appearance is hight. 5'5 opposed to 6'1-6'3. :yes: I don't know whether to post the original which I now use with his female counterpart Margaret, or to do the revised which I use with EVERYTHING.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I saw that Meli pic in your album thingy, but it's really cool! I'm jealous of your aaaaaart... *hugs your art and slowly tries to drag it towards herself*

DL, it's up to you. Post all of them if ya want. But add some personality stuff, too, so I canfigure out a good position.

Thanks, all who like it. Tatl no they are mine. You keep your awesome art. *takes art back and hugs tight*

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Margyreth:
Black hair and deep black eyes. He's 5'5 or 6'1. He wears all black. He is slim and lean. He plays a silver harp. He is an alcoholic and a ladies man. He's also either half-Drow or half-Elf.

Wow, your style is incredible, and your detail is just... Jaw-dropping, really.

Thank you so much, Atty ^^ Eighty percent of what I draw, I end up hating, but that particular Priestess drawing is one of my better ones.

Margyreth:
Black hair and deep black eyes. He's 5'5 or 6'1. He wears all black. He is slim and lean. He plays a silver harp. He is an alcoholic and a ladies' man. He's also either half-Drow or half-Elf.

Any specific skin tone or not? Also, can you be a bit more specific on the clothing--or do you want me to make it up for ya while I finish up Raenis?

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
He's pale. Always and forever pale.

His clothing is a loose tunic and standard pants. He has a rapier on his belt and a black cloak. He has black gloves and black boots.

I'm coloring in Raenis today. I got a set of Prismacolor pencils for Christmas, and am trying to do this with zero training with them. Should be interesting.

In the meanwhile, have some Mis & Fluffy concept art(mostly so I can know how severely I'm butchering them) and a sort of teaser for the Raenis.

2cy4rxw.jpg
15pq1io.jpg
Bonus:
2ug2zjm.jpg

5fhhkx.jpg

I love my fluffy! I have to say my hair is a bit shorter than what you got, but otherwise it looks good. Fluffy is perfect!

S-seriously? I got it right?

... I ACTUALLY GOT SOMETHING RIGHT! YAY! :D *fangirls violently and falls out of chair*

I can easily make the hair shorter, that's no sweat. I'm just so glad that you like it!

It looks awesome. My body structure looks really good. I adore fluffy to no end. It looks really awesome. and my like the cloak too. It is really good mono!

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, both of the first two pictures were awesome, but what really got me was that last one. Dat comedy. :cool: But seriously, they were all awesome, and now I'm tempted to ask for a picture of Tatl... BUT I DON'T WANNA BECAUSE I ASK FOR ENOUGH PICS FROM YOU.

H_M. Your art is better than mine ok. I'm jealous. Your art is beautiful.

Nonono, that's not true! See, that last part was actually how I was feeling about my art when I uploaded. In fact, it is an eternal struggle to not throw my pencil against the wall, whack anyone who interrupts me over the head with my sketchbook, and swing dance angrily into the sunset with a paper skeletal structure diagram that has been on my wall since fourth grade as my partner. I hate my art! I like the concepts and designs, I hate the products. (With the notable exception of a single drawing that I'm still in love with that I'll upload sometime tonight.)

Vio, call me a hypocrite since I do this all the time, but art isn't a comparison. You can't say that someone with a different style and a different amount of dedication and a different mind and a different life is better or worse than you. Whether or not it's true. You can compare to your other work, and steal tricks or give advice or say you like or dislike a thing, but to say 'your art is better than mine' is a crime, in my (perhaps twisted) opinion, an artistic perpetration topped only by saying 'your art sucks' or any derogatory variation thereof.

More simply put: nononodon'tsaythatVioIloveyouIloveyourartyou'renotallowedtosaythat *hugs you close and hisses at intruders*

OK, both of the first two pictures were awesome, but what really got me was that last one. Dat comedy. :cool: But seriously, they were all awesome, and now I'm tempted to ask for a picture of Tatl... BUT I DON'T WANNA BECAUSE I ASK FOR ENOUGH PICS FROM YOU.

NO YOU DON'T! I'M DRAWING HER! I've actually wanted to for a while anyways :3 Tell me all the things about her, I'll see if I can pull something satisfactory off. And then draw us all together. Yeee?

Seriously tho, I love taking requests. Fire away, persons! ^^

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OKIE

UHM

Hair: Brown. About level with her shoulderblades when down. Wavy and a little frizzy. Possibly has a pink rose tucked behind the ear with less hair parted on that side. Eyes: Hazel, sometines with oval silver spectacles sometimes not. Usually she puts on the spectacles when she interferes with the lives of others. Dress: Think Hylia's dress with a simple neckline. That is covered by her white cloak and pink rose pin. Shoes: Greek-style brown leather sandals. Physique: Petite, and very pale. Face: Round, pretty but not like Aphrodite-kid pretty.

That help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom