• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

H_M, why is your art so freaking good? The way you color your characters here looks very interesting to me.

Please, I wanna see more.

Thank you, Vio ^^ I've been messing with new styles and I really like the coloring tactic I used on Luke--only color shadows, it gives a smooth minimalist look while showing what colors there actually are and giving some depth. It just takes a lot of practice, and you have to be willing to try new things and take risks. I barely show you a percentage of what I actually draw. I'll probably post more soon, I have three new-ish characters that most have only heard of.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO FREAKING AWESOME MONO!! That is an awesome title for the piece and a great meaning... sooooo jealous of your awesomeness!

Thank you so much! As I said, it just takes a lot of practice and the ability to greatly overthink everything. And you have to teach yourself how to make up explanations on the spot and create metaphors that weren't there when you actually made the thing.

Superb drawings, HM! I love your attention to detail! :loveeyeballs:

Thanks, Atty! I'd actually like to have put more detail still into this batch, but I do appreciate your compliments. Knowing that people actually like my work is a huge bolster to my confidence!

I SWEAR THAT I HAVE AN EXPLANATION. I LOST MY CAMERA AND FELT GUILTY FOR FAILING RAENIS THREE THOUSAND TIMES. I PROMISE I WILL FINISH HIM. ONE DAY.

ANYWAYS

I made sooo much art that I literally can't slap it all on one thing. But I'll put in everything that's good at one point or another, because I love you guys and you have waited for far too long.

My first digital drawing in a while, that being my current avatar. I like it quite a bit! Do you people like it? And beneath is the drawing that I cropped and colored it from. If you're curious, she stole Dagger's blazer and is running for her life. And wow that image is not edited at all I'm sorry.

xo2iop.jpg

2uihw92.jpg

And then we move on to a really old drawing of Bangs that I did because I felt like redesigning her modern outfit a bit. Because I could. Well, it's not really old, but it came before that last one, and I've gotten better at that art style.

29bozdw.jpg

I'll leave it at those three for now, I'll probably upload more later. And I have a new-ish character to tell the everyone about.

Last edited:
I like Bangs. She is soooooooooo cute!if Dagger catches Meli....she is dead.

I love how both look though. You draw so well!

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
The first one reminds me so much of Klonoa. xD
Keep drawing. You have a nice art style.

The first one reminds me so much of Klonoa. xD
Keep drawing. You have a nice art style.

Uhhh... *google searches Klonoa* I guess. I mean, it's art, art is up for interpretation. So, thank you. This isn't even my normal art style, I jsut like the simplicity of it. ^^

I like Bangs. She is soooooooooo cute!if Dagger catches Meli....she is dead.

I love how both look though. You draw so well!

I'd only just posted when you said that o.o Dang, Mis, you're vigilant. But still, thank you! I'm quite proud of these two ^^

Lookin' good, Mono, I really like your art! =D

Thanks Rainy ^^

I do have a lot more to upload, and as I mentioned, that may or may not happen today. But hey, at least you knwo tehre's more in the works!

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Oooooo, I like! And Dagger's all 'What?! This whole time, that avatar was displaying Meli stealing MY BLAZER?!' ...Yeah, he's not happy, lol. But I like the Bangs pic, very interesting. The hair's not quite as... thick? Volumized? I dunno, a better word than poofy, as I thought it'd be, but it's definitely an interesting take on her. I like very much. Both pics are awesome, can't wait to see more! ^^

I stalk this thread in hope of seeing the drawing of Pippin you promised me. or my fanart with Fluffy. I lie in wait....

I wanna see Raenis 2.0 and I maaaaaaay put up something for Margy....

I stalk this thread in hope of seeing the drawing of Pippin you promised me. or my fanart with Fluffy. I lie in wait....

Ah... aha... heh... I... can't... draw them. Dagger, too... It's driving me INSANE! And that's actually the precise reason that I delayed for so long--those requests are impossible for me to complete. I can't for the life of me draw any of them! I'm gonna take a stab at Raenis again, hopefully I'll get him right this time. Hopefully. Probably not.

Yeah, Raenis 2.0? Try 4.0. The last three, I haven't uploaded because I hate them. If you could give me a specific position, that would help--I'm really picky about position, which is why requests take so long, unlike Tatl who can whip up awesome drawings efficiently.

Also, I have no idea at all what you look like, Mis, and I'm terrified of messing it up. The same goes for Fluffy--I need appearance details!

And I abandoned the first draft of that Pip drawing when it failed brutally. Also, short hair. I can't draw super short hair. For the life of me. Aaaah

I'm really sorry, I swear I'll try again! It's all just really challenging.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
He'd be leaning casually against his sword, very relaxed. He doesn't stress much. Capture the inner essence of Hylia's lover!

Okay so I'm FINALLY getting a clear mental image of the direction I want to go with the requests. Except Pippin. But yes. I will have them tomorrow. Until then, have a Priestess.

Priestess as in Melica as a dragon.

This is dragon!Meli's design.

And it's actually half of one of those really cool gif things where it blurs and swaps between two things.

Yes.

j76yp5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom