• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
I don't think they have gotten worse.

Story dropped at BoTW for me. At least they are venturing into the unknown.

That's what I'm talking about, the stories seem to be dropping and becoming more inferior to the gameplay.

SS's gameplay isn't all that great, it's still pretty good. Though, it was very frustrating sometimes, the motion controls can be really annoying and difficult sometimes, that autotune singsongy girl won't quit talking to me all the time about my batteries and my hearts, some repetitive battles and dungeons, and that part with the annoying tadtones that keep swimming away from you. The story focus is the one that made the game painful to play because it focused more on story than gameplay. Nintendo's like shoving the story in my face and that's not what the Zelda triangle lip franchise is about. They don't focus on story that much.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I love story. If it has no story (and it's supposed to), it's not going to be a very good game unless it offers a LOT of new stuff. I give Smash a pass because it was never supposed to have a story.

If it focuses a lot on story, I'm cool with that. It's kind of like an interactive book. If it focuses more on gameplay, then I'm cool with that, as long as it's impressive gameplay, or has some kind of story.

Breath of The Wild gets a pass for me because we all know that they were stepping out of their comfort zone. They were focusing too much on other things. That's a problem, but at least it had some scraps of story, and at least the gameplay was new and fun.

I liked the gameplay in SS because the motion controls kinda reminded me of fencing (If you don't know, I'm a big time fencer), and that's cool. The story was actually really nice for me, and I can't complain very much

Hydef Hyrule

HD and beyond
Skyward Sword really shook my faith in the series, but what I've played of Breath of the Wild totally redeemed it. My perfect Zelda would be somehow combining the freedom of BoTW with the kind of story pacing of Ocarina or Majora. I did two of the Divine Beasts in BotW and I thought they were really cool and the mechanics felt fresh. A few series have kind of lost their identity when they went open world (Phantom Pain anyone?) but I feel like BoTW mostly retained it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom