• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
I think since SS, Nintendo seems to have been getting weaker with 3D Zelda games. I haven't played HW yet, but the concept of it seems weak because you're just fighting a bunch of bad guys. SS was a horrible game in regards to its story and Link and Zelda and they seem a bit too sassy this time around and also more lovey-dovey and BOTW's story is just so-so with Link sleeping for a hundred years and has the second worst characterizations of Link and Zelda due to how hostile these two characters are.

SS also played out like an unnecessary soap opera because it had much more drama, conflict, crying, and romance more than any other Zelda game I played. It also focused too much on story, Zelda triangle lip isn't a franchise that tends to focus a whole lot on story and I feel they should've replaced a lot of that slice of life teen drama scenes with more sweet, light-hearted comedy or something. I don't know, I think feel it doesn't have enough light-hearted comedy in it, too much seriousness and focus on story and it should've had more scenes to make me laugh instead of feel. I don't empathize or try to relate with fictional characters that much, I just look at the fiction.

I don't think Nintendo should be making a game like SS again. I like how expressive Link's facial expressions were in the game, it makes him feel more like a human elf instead of a robot, I like the concept of being in the sky and on Hyrule and flying and having music (I love flying and music) but SS was too soap-operaish in its story and characterizations and I hope Nintendo doesn't make the mistake of making a game as emotional and sappy as SS again. It's not what Zelda is, it doesn't focus on a bunch of romance and have even close to nine scenes of crying.

BOTW is still a relatively good game, but just a so-so story. In regards to Zelda bathing girl's characterization, Nintendo seems to be continuing with making her character development more emotional and having more conflict around her like in SS and I suggest they stop making her this emotional girl dealing with a bunch of conflict around her. It makes BOTW Zelda the second worst Zelda with SS Zelda being the worst ever Zelda character.

I hope that Zelda isn't starting to go down the road where it's becoming weak now. I love the Zelda triangle lip franchise and I hope that Nintendo isn't going to continue this trend of giving it more emotion and conflict with its characters like they did with BOTW and SS. I think Zelda triangle lip franchise is fine with only having a few crying scenes in it and not very many people fighting each other.

Nintendo didnt make Hyrule Warriors.

BotW is infinitely better than Skyward Sword. There may not be much of a story in BotW but i like the concepts of the Champions, the Divine Beasts and Calamity Ganon, they were just executed poorly whereas SS is a dumpster fire.

BotW is the only canon forst party 3d Zelda game to come out after SS. Its too early to be saying the 3D games have been getting worse since then, especially since BotW isn't a bad game in the way SS was at every turn.

Nintendo didnt make Hyrule Warriors.

BotW is infinitely better than Skyward Sword. There may not be mich of a story in BotW but i like the concepts of the Champions, the Divine Beasts and Calamity Ganon, they were just executed poorly whereas SS is a dumpster fire.

BotW is the only canon forst party 3d Zelda game to come out after SS. Its too early to be saying the 3D games have been getting worse since then, especially since BotW isn't a bad game in the way SS was at every turn.

My bad. I did not know Nintendo didn't make HW.

I feel BOTW was a little weaker compared to games like OOT, TP, ALTTP. BOTW is a pretty great game but just a story that was a step down from other Zelda games with relatively good stories.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There hasn't been a great 3D Zelda since TP. SS and BoTW are average games which are given undue praise because of the franchise name attached to them. I didn't like the direction either game took.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
But TP wasn't difficult. I liked TP but what was the point of repeating the twilight thrice, fairly sure that set a precedent for the crap with SS fighting ghirahim thrice and the imprisoned thrice
No it was easy. I felt the level of difficulty was inadequate in TP.

It was to give the player a chance to explore a new area and experience it in a different way once the Twilight had been lifted.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
No it was easy. I felt the level of difficulty was inadequate in TP.

It was to give the player a chance to explore a new area and experience it in a different way once the Twilight had been lifted.

Still somewhat repetitious though. One thing i did like was how we saw each of the regions as a more dangerous area due to the twilight incursion. We got to see a drained Hylia lake which was more quarry and sheer cliffs, we saw an active volcano and a forest that became far more deadly thanks to a mist and the awakening of monsters.

Reactions: Dio

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
If you were to base it on sales numbers alone, the 3d zelda games have been going up and down. OoT sold very well while MM sold not so good, then TWW sold pretty well. Then came TP which sold very well, and then the SS flop being the worst selling 3d Zelda. Then BotW is easily becoming one of the better selling 3d Zelda games.

I found TP to be somewhat difficult, being slightly harder than OoT

The 3D games after TP weren't as good imo. I didn't really enjoy TWW and SS was just ok.
I did enjoy BotW a lot though but it's just not as good as OoT, MM and TP.

The 3D games after TP weren't as good imo. I didn't really enjoy TWW and SS was just ok.
I did enjoy BotW a lot though but it's just not as good as OoT, MM and TP.

I have not played WW yet. Yeah, the games that came after TP aren't that good.

It's not that I hate TWW but there are a few reasons why I think it wasn't that great:
-It was very easy, especially the dungeons (which where forgettable too).
-The sailing became really boring after a while and the world was quite empty too.
-The triforce quest was awful.
-The artstyle was ok (looked great on Wii U) but I prefer an artstyle like TP. This is just something personal of course.

I did like the music though and the pirate theme was quite fun as well.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I don't think they have gotten worse.

Story dropped at BoTW for me. At least they are venturing into the unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom