• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Are your hopes for the BotW story expansion high?

BotW, for some, had a rather weak story.

Thus the idea of more story in the expansion pass may not thrill those who found the story disappointing in the main game.

If you did like the story in BotW are you expecting big things from the expansion?

If you didnt enjoy the story are you expecting more of the same of what diaappointed you originally?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't have any hopes. Wild's story was weak and I don't see why the DLC will be any better when the Zelda team have put out nothing but disappointment for the 3D franchise for 11 years.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
First thing first, BOTW's story in my opinion was not disappointing. Second, the DLC story is a great idea. I am hoping for two things, Hyrule before Ganon and Hyrule after Ganon. You may ask, how is that possible, it is my friends, it very well is.

What could happen is, Link and Zelda travel around Hyrule to find champions. Then, the main story happens and the champions die. Afterwards, Link and Zelda travel Hyrule once again, to find new champions. Welp, this seems very unlikely.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I enjoyed the story because it was fun for me to actually discover what happened in my own way at my own pace. I heard that this story DLC will be adding more memories, and from what we've seen it may focus on how the Champions became Champions, so I am pretty excited to see that. I'm not expecting a whole lot of new content, but if the first 12 memories are any indication, I should enjoy the new memories.

Aku

I liked the story, even if it was a bit bare bones. I also liked travelling and discovering the story rather then have it spelled out for me, because it gave a reason to talk to people that felt more 'natural.'

I don't know what will be exactly in the DLC, but I think it will be about learning who the old Champions were as people and learning more about the new Champions that will replace them. That's what I think will happen, along with a tiny bit more of Hyrule being shown before the Calamity happened.

Ninja

Well well well
I don't have any hopes. Wild's story was weak and I don't see why the DLC will be any better when the Zelda team have put out nothing but disappointment for the 3D franchise for 11 years.

This. The story was pretty weak, and it could have been so much better. Unfortunately, my hopes are always high for anything Zelda related because I want to keep loving this franchise. I’m hoping we get some serious backstory to the champions.

The expansion reminds me of the DLC episodes from FFXV. The story wasn’t great however they did a great job in giving us more story content in episodes about Noctis’s chocobros and their trials during the game.

I would be happy if BotW did something similar. Also I would mind playing as Zelda and getting dat third person view. ;)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This. The story was pretty weak, and it could have been so much better. Unfortunately, my hopes are always high for anything Zelda related because I want to keep loving this franchise. I’m hoping we get some serious backstory to the champions.

The expansion reminds me of the DLC episodes from FFXV. The story wasn’t great however they did a great job in giving us more story content in episodes about Noctis’s chocobros and their trials during the game.

I would be happy if BotW did something similar. Also I would mind playing as Zelda and getting dat third person view. ;)
I wanted to keep loving the franchise but it has made itself too hard for me. I'll get excited on a case by case basis now rather than just because it is Zelda. I have been let down in such a major way on two occasions that I won't allow myself to go through such disappointment again.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
yea what deus said but ima see what others say before making a decision and buying both....

"story" means nothing to me, so no. I mean, a good story is cool, but I don't care either way. All I care about is something fun to do. If I wanted a story, I'd go read a book by a good author. For video games, I'll stick to just wanting fun stuff to do.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Not much, both on principle and because this just doesn't strike me as a game that values overt storytelling much, and I'm actually totally ok with that. I'd rather have an Artorias of the Abyss style expansion, but from what they've shown I assume it might not even have new enemies or maps like that kind of thing would.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Not much, both on principle and because this just doesn't strike me as a game that values overt storytelling much, and I'm actually totally ok with that. I'd rather have an Artorias of the Abyss style expansion, but from what they've shown I assume it might not even have new enemies or maps like that kind of thing would.
It's going to have a new dungeon at the very least, but we don't know whether this new dungeon will be more like the divine beasts or hyrule castle yet. Personally I'm hoping it's more like the castle or the labyrinths. Maybe a new boss will come with the new dungeon.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
playing as Zelda and getting dat third person view. ;)
You just made my day.

On a serious note, I'm expecting more of the same in terms of story for the DLC. BoTW's story wasn't downright awful, as it had a few good moments, but overall it was just mucked up and bare. I'm expecting slightly more thought out stuff now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom