• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are your favourite gaming franchises in a good place at the moment?

Master of Orion - Yes. The 4th game is pretty good. It's not a train wreck like the 3rd game.

Secret of Monkey Island - No. The most recent game was not too bad overall, but the series is dead now as no one wants to make that kind of point and click adventure. For good reason mind you, they are not big sellers.

Mega Man - No. Mega Man 11 was a disaster. Not as bad as Mighty No.9 but still pretty bad. Though the classic collections are a good thing. I just wish the emulation in them was a little less laggy and they were released physically outside the USA. Oh well, it's better than them not existing at all.

Blaster Master - Yes. After decades of terrible games post the original, the most resent 2 games are actually pretty good.
Donkey Kong Country - No. This is my opinion (though many will disagree), I just feel Tropical Freeze was not that good of a game. Not terrible though, just very average, A new DKC games needs to look back to the SNES classics. Not copy them, but learnhow a high level of polish can turn an average game into an amazing game.

Dragon Quest - Yes. Most of the games have been pretty good. XI was amazing. The ports of 1-3 were rubbish though. It seems XII has started development. If XII is anything like XI then we'll have another great game on our hands.

Dynasty Warriors - No. DW8 was amazing. Most people agree with that. DW9 was an experiment failed. I like how they tried new things. I feel DW9 had to heppen so they can learn from it for DW10. As much as a good open world game can be amazing. In DW games, very few people say the stuff between the battles is the best part of the game. Lengething that in DW9 failed so hard. Just make the battles and story cut scenes between each amazing in DW10 and it'll be good.

Quell - Yes. I say this because I feel the IP has run it's course and there's not much you can add to it. Everything needs an end and I feel what is there in the four games is really good. Four games what will stand the tests of time.

Sim City - No. Sim City 4 was a great game. The 5th game was not sadly. So much so that everyone recommends Cities Skylines instead. Someone needs to develop a patch so SC4 can be played easily on modern computers.

Diablo - Maybe. Diablo 3 was . . . kind of good. I liked it a lot but I can see how many people don't like the direction it went in. For the most part I agree with them. Diablo 4 being more like an open world MMORPG? I'm not totally on board with that yet. I'm in the wait and see camp. Hopefully it will be good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom