• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Are You Tired of Remakes?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not tired of remakes, I'm tired of them remaking relevant games. Why remake TWW when you could remake MM which is a hugely irrelevant/outdated game? OoT deserved the remake on the merit of being the best selling title ever to exist not including re-releases, but then there are games - LoZ AoL LA MM - that really needed to be updated for this gen. MM is only the most logical release because where OoT goes, MM follows. TWW though? Still looks great even in this day and age. :I

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
Sort of. I would prefer that they would make new Zelda games. I mean honestly, there's no point for the WW for the WiiU. It's on the GameCube (which isn't really that outdated yet) plus, the Wii is backwards compatible with gamecube disks, anyway, so you can just go buy the disk from ebay or wherever, and play it on your Wii, with a GameCube controller. Like I said, they shouldn't be spending their time making re-makes, when they could be making brand new games for the new consoles. I just don't see the point at all. It's different if it's an older game, then it would be good to remake it so it doesn't just fade away, but the newer games that are still in everyone's memory just don't need to be remade. Focus on new games. That's my theory. :)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
We've only had 2...but why OoT and tWW? I know the MM fanbase is annoying, but I agree with it on this one. OoT has been released over 5 times now and Wind Waker isn't that outdated or old. MM has far more to gain from this and much reason to remake...outside of money.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
As long as remakes aren't done in lieu of brand new experiences, I'm fine with them. They give us a fresh take on a familiar experience, which may not have the excitement as when we first played but has nostalgia there instead, as well as give others who never played the original a brand-new go at the game, and they bring in some quick cash for Nintendo. And for companies in general.

So, as long as the remakes are good and not half-arsed ones, like that god awful Silent Hill HD pack, then I don't mind them. Ninty's been doing a good job with the remakes so far, no reason to suspect they'll do any differently.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
I'm actually not. Nintendo only remakes games for a reason, and I find those reasons fair, at least for all of the remakes so far. WW had several points fixed that I, myself, hated about the game (Namely the ocean that appeared to end, the slowness of the King of Red Lions, and the Triforce Shard gathering quest...), and the older games that have been remade need to be available for more people to play that don't have N64s anymore or Gameboys.

I'm not a big fan of them remaking Zelda games. I wish they spent all their time into making a fresh, new, exciting Zelda game, with new things and ideas in it, instead of remaking an older game.

Salem

SICK
I don't like remakes in general, exept when they throw a curve ball and change the dungeon designs/overworld or something.

Last edited:

onebizarrekai

gay energy
A little bit. Even though Wind Waker came out ten years ago (holy crap) I think they should've waited on a remake and got to work on the actual Zelda Wii U first as much as I love that game.

We've only had 2...but why OoT and tWW? I know the MM fanbase is annoying, but I agree with it on this one. OoT has been released over 5 times now and Wind Waker isn't that outdated or old. MM has far more to gain from this and much reason to remake...outside of money.

I agree with OoT, since you can easily play it on the Wii VC. But if you want to play TWW and you don't have a Gamecube, not only would you need an original Wii, but a GC controller and a memory card too.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am all for more remakes, so long as they make sense. I am happy, in fact I am overjoyed that they are remaking The Wind Waker, but it definitely does not make sense. Remakes should be saved for outdated games.

Although, on the other hand, I think Nintendo should put more effort into developing new games instead of making remakes (though the remakes do make a nice filler while we wait for new games)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

OoT was remade because...highest rated Zelda game AND VIDEO GAME...best SELLING video game not including re-releases, and most legendary title in the series and perhaps even gaming. That, and the game was just too sexy not to be made portable :O

TWW? Who the heck knows.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Fix'd. 7m is nothing.

Yeah meant Zelda game soz. Anyway, there's that and the fact that it was the 25th anniversary of Zelda, which is grounds enough to remake the MOST LEGENDARY title in the series. ;)

TWWHD seems to be on a whim though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom