• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you still friends with people you went to school with?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Since I live in a small town with only one high school, I actually went to high school and graduated with several of my friends from elementary school. Sadly, I grew apart from a lot of my friends during high school, and some of them never came back (though my really good friends did). After grad, I don't see my old friends often, but we do hang out occasionally. I don't get to see my friends much now since I'm studying in a different city, but I started seeing them again now that I'm home for the summer.

Although I feel like it's a lot easier to keep in touch with old friends in a small town than a big city because you're often running into them somewhere anyway. Like almost every store or restaurant I go to has at least one person I graduated with working there.

Djinn

and Tonic
I still know of a few people I went to highschool with but everyone went their separate ways and scattered to the four winds long ago. Now it's just weird running into people from highschool because I never really kept up with majority of them and I went halfway across the continent anyway. Still happens on occasions though, it's weird. The people I still know of more often still live within 10 minutes of my parent's house, and I have once or twice gone over to see them. But that's about it.

From college I am working with someone in the same studio that I went to school with and collaborated with on several things. We were both hired at the same time by the same company. My field is a bit more tightly knit with jobs appearing literally anywhere and everywhere and everyone within it including my professors did claim that I will constantly run into people I schooled with. Which has already happened in Toronto like three weeks ago.

There was this one friend I went to primary school with (ages 4-11) called Chris. We used to play Zelda games together and sleep over at each other's houses all the time. Then we went to different schools and i haven't seen him in almost 5 years :'(

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
With primary school, none of the bonds I had before it and made during it lasted. My best friend of that time abruptly ended our friendship during secondary school (we've since talked things out, but even though we're okay with each other now, we aren't really friends anymore, at the most I see her facebook posts and she sees mine). Another friend I practically grew up with I'm only really on facebook with and we rarely actually talk through there either. I also got out of touch with the neighbourhood kids, who I used to hang out with all the time growing up. I moved away for high school, so it just became this natural estrangement.

With secondary school, we were a group of four in the same class. I still am close friends with two of them. My best friend, who moved to the same town as I did, and another friend who stayed behind, and whom the both of us see whenever we go home to visit our families. The other one kind of estranged herself from the group (also I moved away for high school and our bond just didn't last like it did with the other two), but has in later years more actively kept in touch through facebook (though when I ran into her while at home, she didn't once suggest hanging out). Amusingly enough I have since gotten closer with someone else from secondary who I wasn't really close with when I was in school.

With high school, I made a couple of friends in that time. A couple within the schools I went to (none of those friendships have lasted, and a couple ended more badly than the others). I did make another friend during that time whom I didn't go to school with. We are still friends today, even though she now lives in the UK, so I can only really see her if she's available to meet when I'm over there.

With college, I made friends with two people that my best friend and I lived with (the three of them went to university, while I went to a different college in the same town) and they are still my friends. The people I went to school with, however, those bonds didn't really last. But then again because I had the social circle I had with the people I lived with, I didn't exactly actively seek out many friendships within my own school. I had a couple I hung out with during the college years, but we got out of touch afterwards.

Pen

The game is on!
The oldest school friends I have today are two guys I went to school with from age 13 to 16. We're not super close anymore, but we usually meet up once or twice a year at least, which is always nice. My high school gang that I wen tot school with from age 16 to 19 I'm still very close to though. It's four guys, one of which is studying at the same university I go to right now (the others are all in different cities). ^^

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I have quite a few people from Primary school still on Facebook but I wouldn't really consider them my friends anymore at this point. Not in a malicious way or anything, we've just not spoken in so long as our lives went separate ways.

As for secondary school, my best friends now were my friends during that time. I have drifted away from a few close friends from secondary school however that's to be expected as lives go on and people change. I have a group of about 6 close friends from secondary school (spread from 4 different year groups), we still all speak every day and usually hang out multiple times a week provided with the time.

I am still in University so I still see my friends from there clearly. While I have made some good connections with University friends (especially those that came to Japan with me) I still think that I am much closer with my group of High School friends.

I was up until probably 3-4 years ago. I still see them occasionally or talk to them occasionally but we all kind of grew apart to some extent. Considering I'm 32 years old we had a pretty long and good run, and I still plan on seeing them from time to time.

A lot of us have very different tastes in games now, we used to play a lot of the same games, so that was very much one of the factors in the decline as we typically don't even play the same games. That and I for example have a wife and kids, making things like hanging out with my friends a smaller priority. Basically everything about being an adult gets in the way :D.

Tsynk

VoinTsynk
I'm not as close as I was with my friends that I went to school with, I only now keep in contact with one. Most of my friends have either moved away or drifted apart. I am now more close to friends that I have met on the Internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom