• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you still following Zelda because of the good old days?

I was lucky enough to be born alongside Zelda and began gaming at a very young age meaning the franchise has been a massive part of my life.

Like many others, the Zelda IP means a lot to me, however recent years for the series haven't filled me with as much meaningful joy as they did in my youth.

I think at this point I'm still following Zelda due to nostalgia and loyalty even though the worst games in the series have been some of the most recent...

Do you still follow Zelda due to a personal connection and the history you share with it that you find hard to walk away from?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I still follow it in the hopes that something good will come out the mass of goop and bad plot they call BOTW, i've been with the series since 1998 and OOT played all the games and man the only reason i still follow it is due to the old games. They were a damn site better than BOTW, they didn't seek to waste all yer time on literal ****.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
...More or less, yeah. When they stop dumping gimmicks and start believing in Zelda again, the series could be great.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's partially nostalgia, partially hope that we will get a really really good game again. BotW is alot of fun for me, but I feel like it can be improved on, and also that some other traditional aspects of Zelda get added back into an openworld Zelda game, like proper dungeons.

For me BotW has put Zelda back in a good spot, but it isn't a game where I played it and was blowed away. I'm sticking with the series because I do think as long as Nintendo doesn't screw up, the coming games might be really great.

BotW is well recieved clearly, people say it is among the greatest games of all time, but not everyone agrees on this. A Zelda game like BotW missed its chance. I've said this before, it's worth saying again, I honestly feel that if BotW was what Skyward Sword turned out to be Zelda would be at the pinnacle of gaming again.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I still follow Zelda because I love the series to death. Nostalgia isn’t a factor for me because I found the series when I was 13. I didn’t grow up with it. But I’ve been in love with it ever since I found it and there has been nothing that could have changed that. Not a single thing. Zelda has always been the best, and it still is.

Yes and no. I think I'm still holding onto OoT because of mainly nostalgia rather than loving the game in a critical pov. Although, TP and MM are games I've always found very fun, even during times I'm not in a "zelda mood".

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I started playing Zelda at the age of 4 and since even seeing my cousin play it, I was in love with OOT. It was amazing to experience and lose myself in that magical world, get wrapped up in the story and get to know all those interesting and crazy characters and I was always eager to revisit that world and to see what happened to it since. It was when SS came along and things like TFH came out that I began to realise that I cared more about it an its lore than even the developers and BoTW really made me not care for the series future at all.

Only reason I still talk about Zelda and consider what might come next is because of this place and because apart from these forums I do not have another way of contacting certain individuals. This prevents me from leaving forever ™

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh hell yes I do. I got into zelda in 2008 and have followed the franchise ever since. Even with flaws or games being less good as wexpected I still enjoy it. I look forward to every release and in the meantime I'm replaying games. I even collect plushies and figurines and cross stitch them. So yeah I won't stop following the franchise.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
eh I guess, I mean I do still at least like playing the games, there's only been a couple of titles I would say I dislike, and those were in the past, though I am still holding out that one day there'll be a zelda game that'll rival the gamecube zeldas as my favorite

It is Nostalgia for more, Oracle of seasons gave me the trivial emotions to follow Link through his adventures

Reactions: Aku

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I'm not really following the series anymore. I mean, I'm paying attention, but I'm not playing any Zelda games seriously again. Suckward was the fool me once, I won't get fooled again...
... which is why I didn't buy in to BotW.

So, yeah... just out of nostalgia I suppose. The old games are where my interests lie, in any case. I can still talk about em. I can still talk about the newer stuff even if I don't care about it. Ninty can do whatever they want, obviously. Doesn't mean I have to have a vested interest anymore.

Zachie

Moo
I haven't played a Zelda game in months. Probably since I stopped playing BotW. If they re-release WWHD/TPHD on Switch I would play those.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I actually really liked ALBW and like BotW the most out of the 3D games, some of which I used to like quite a bit, and I don't think any preexisting fondness I had for the series translates for them. In fact, even though Ocarina was my intro to the series and WW used to be my favorite, I haven't held those or the ones that followed in high regard for a while, although I feel like I was already losing interest when I first finished TP and found myself being lukewarm about it. Definitely didn't kill my spirits as much as SS eventually did though.

That said I wouldn't say they're exactly where I'd like right now either, but I don't have much of an emotional stake in the games conforming to what I'd like anyways. I'm mostly happy to get something to play that I can be at least semi-familiar with while still being new. If I want to get the feeling of playing the old games again, I'll just do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom