• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you prone to feeling homesick on holiday or travelling?

I don't often feel homesick when I travel because Ive never had a home long enough to feel comfortable in, but what about you?

Do you feel homesick a couple of nights into your holiday?

Or do you feel homesick on the way to your destination?

Or do you just get homesickness?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If I am enjoying the holiday I don't miss home and I haven't been to anywhere I liked long enough to miss home when I was there.

If I outright dislike the holiday or where I am staying however then of course I want to be home.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I love to travel. Even after being away for more than a year I didn't get seriously homesick (thanks to things like FaceTime I can see my family and friends whenever I want anyway) so I wouldn't say I am prone to it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope I've never been homesick while being on a holiday. Of course I have times I'm glad to be home again. But that's more because of the journey back home being long and boring.

Travel won't make me homesick, but will feel love home better after back from travel. Serious homesick while study aboard, especially traditional holiday makes me homesick.

im not sure if i get homesickness or its just anxiety but like, if i cant sit in my recliner to veg out, i get really antsy. its not so much a desire to be home, but when i stay over at my mom's or uncle's house, i have a hard time finding a place to get comfortable so its more about a desire for my spot. i got a system (although not a very good one since im like forever in a rut) and when im forced out of it, i will get stressed.

Can't imagine my life without travelling. I just returned from Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Beautiful city with friendly people. I spent there a week and explored all major destinations. Esp I liked The palace and park at Peterhof . As a football fan I also visited local stadium. It has turned into a legendary battlefield hosting FC Zenit football team. I found guide and info about stadium on worldstadia. Glad that I've finally visited this city. It is definitely worth a visit!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom