• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Oldfashioned or Do You Like Modern Stuff

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So let's say you wanna buy a phone. Do you want the latest phone with all the latest gadgets or don't you care as long as it can make calls? Do you want the latest things like tablets and stuff? What kinda person are you when it comes to this? I'm honest...when it comes to phones I couldn't care less as long as I can call and take pics. Internet I already got on my laptop so I don't need it on my phone althought it is part of my membership. I usually don't really care for the latest gadgets. What about you?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
If it wasn't a matter of money then of course I would nearly always go for the new stuff since it it's usually better, but when money comes into the equation it makes thing a little more complicated. I would probably go for what is the best value, no matter how old it is. Of course I've had the same phone for about five years now, so I haven't found anything of the right value to change yet:P

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I'm a little bit of both I suppose. In terms of a phone, I greatly enjoy the wonders of new technology, but I'm not gonna shell out $200 for the newest iTelephone. My generic little android I got for free suits me just fine. I do love iPods though, especially ones with a LOT of space. I actually spent around $300 for my iPod classic, but I don't regret doing it, since I literally have around 60 GBs of music (and always growing), and this thing holds 160 GB, so I'm set for life.

In terms of gaming though, I enjoy getting old fashioned stuff like SNES and NES games as much as I do getting newer PS3 or 3DS games. Each have their equal amount of charm and innovation I can appreciate, for the most part.

In the end, I think it depends mostly on how much money I have in my wallet at the time. Modern stuff typically is very expensive when it comes to phones, cameras, and gaming consoles, so I tend to wait a few years until I get it (I didn't get a PS3 until Christmas of last year). Which is also the reason why I don't have a WiiU yet. I'm waiting for a price drop and some more new games to come out for it. I'm a smart, thrifty gamer, for the most part, modern or not ;)

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
When it comes to phones, I prefer a smartphone as it is equipped with the things I need during my life like call, text, a good camera, and a gps. Plus, touch screen makes my life so much easier when it comes to using a gps or changing the song while driving. (Just a swipe of the screen, not like texting and driving.)And Google so I can look up quick answers to seem smart.

However, when it comes to gaming, I prefer GameCube over Wii and Wii U. It's kind of old fashioned compared to the things systems can do now.

I guess I'm just picky.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It depends, really.

For a long while I didn't care what kind of phone I have, and for the most part I don't care all that much now either. Sure, having a smart phone now, I do enjoy that I can access facebook and such on the go, and that I can look up information I need wherever I am, like an address, phone number, etc. However I do miss the old fashined texting. I used to be able to write really quickly and mostly without mistakes - now I constantly miss the keys I want and I have to slow down my writing pace so that I catch them as I make them.

If a gadget potentially is useful to me, then I'm all for it. It doesn't have to be the latest model, though, and I don't tend to update until I really need to. I've had my ipod touch for years, same with my kindle keyboard - and I have no plans to replace either. My ipad is new, but when I bought it I chose the older, cheaper model rather than the newer one, because I wasn't looking for the very latest stuff, just something good enough for the way I intend to use it.

I probably change laptop more often than the regular joe (not really, really often, more like every 3-4 years or so), but that is mostly due to me needing more ram for my vidding to run more smoothly and such - and I really hope they will move on to the next windows before I need to upgrade next time, cause there's no way I'm getting Win8.

With gaming I'm actually more keen on retro now-a-days than the newer stuff.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I think I'm quite old fashioned. I have a smartphone but it's not the newest or best model, it was what was cheap at the time. I don't get excited about gadgets. Even my mum has a laptop, tablet and kindle. I just have a laptop and a phone.

Dan

Both, I like to keep up with modern technology, but that isn't to say we shouldn't always take what has worked best in the past and apply to the present. I have a fairly capable phone, I find it very useful to have what is essentially a mini pc in my pocket to look up for example bus time tables whilst out on the street and not at home etc. The ability to read an "old fasion" map on the other hand should still be important, considering that it's a vital skill that may get you out of trouble perhaps. Anyway you can see more or less what I mean, so I'll just leave it at that.

Memory

Forgotten Life
Could say that I'm both. I'd prefer a smartphone but at the same time, I wish rotary phones are still here(as in more).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom