• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Independent?

How often do you depend on others--your parents, siblings, teacher(s), etc. for emotional/financial support, etc.?

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
It might be confusing, but I'm really independent, but I'm not. I'm sort of forced to tell people my problems, even when I could easily figure them out myself, and sometimes that makes things worse.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not at all independent and I don't think I ever will be. I need my family. I rely on them for now and forever. :/

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'm very independent. Has apartment. Has job. Buys my own things. Does what I want. Yeah. Independence is nice. :wynaut:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Nope, I rely on my parents for food and shelter. I also rely on them for money so I can buy stuff because I don't have a job.

I also rely on my friends for support, but that's not the only reason I have friends. It just seems like they are the only ones who support me.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Almost, I cook all my meals, everything I buy is from my own earned money, don't rely on anyone else to do my dishes/clean my room/wash my clothes etc. The only thing missing would be my own place :(

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, in terms of financial independence, yeah, I'm completely independent now from family, and anyone really, I think I'm quite stable with my 2 jobs. I earn enough money for the rent of my flat and all the bills, though sometimes the heating in the Winter does push it a bit, and the boyfriend just means there's more disposable income for nicer things now that he pays for half of everything unlike there was at the start when I had my own place but nothing actually in my own place. :P Was working almost every single night and had no Internet, TV, anything, and still asking my brothers for the odd bit of money here and there. But, it all worked out eventually!

As for emotional support, I still, and probably always will, rely on people around me. Family, friends. Don't think that'll ever stop. I'm fine right now, quite content and happy in life, there's no drama or problems or anything right now, but, life doesn't often stay that way. :( So, will always need them for support.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Definitely financially independent. Emotionally, I get a lot of my support from my family. When I moved out, it was a big stepping stone to understanding how to be independent and figure out my problems for myself, but there's still nothing like a good chat with mom when I need clarity on something!

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm pretty independent. I do rely on my parents to take care of me, aka buying food, paying for the house we live in, driving, etc. But as far as making money (for myself) I do that because I haven't gotten a dime from my parents. X3 I rely on myself for feeding myself, settling my own affairs (like hanging out with friends, getting a job, bla). So its sort of fifty-fifty, my parents help me in what I ask them for help in, and I do what else I can on my own. :)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I'm pretty independent. I do rely on my parents to take care of me, aka buying food, paying for the house we live in, driving, etc. But as far as making money (for myself) I do that because I haven't gotten a dime from my parents. X3 I rely on myself for feeding myself, settling my own affairs (like hanging out with friends, getting a job, bla). So its sort of fifty-fifty, my parents help me in what I ask them for help in, and I do what else I can on my own. :)

Umm... my head...

tumblr_inline_mkq8fpvnif1qz4rgp.gif

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm completely independent. I was independent at a very young age forced so through circumstances. When I still lived with my mom I had to arrange her financial situation and mine as well. When I m oved out it was not that hard to take this over but now for myself alone. For emotional support I talk to my family but for everything else I'll do all on my own. Find my own way in places I don't know, find my own way when it comes to arrange my financial life...yup that's it :P It all depents you see :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom