• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You In Love?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Hmm....y'know...sometimes I wonder if I am or not. I can say that I am often at times but there are also times where it seems that love evaporates and makes me want to choke her to death :P she pisses me off too much, she's inconsistent, she lies a lot, she does too much, and yet I am still with her. So, I guess that is love.

Which sucks because I know if I let go, a whole new world of pain would be in store for me.

I hate love.

good news. that's not love.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
good news. that's not love.
Great, please tell me what it is.
Hmm...I'm with Curm in that I personally feel you don't necessarily love her; to love in many peoples' books means to want to be with someone through thick and thin, to genuinely enjoy their presence and appreciate them for all they are (and maybe even all they aren't). Who knows, though, you might love her in a way that's just foreign to Curm and I! Keep it strong, tyson, and don't let anyone tell you what to do unless you actually need it. :yes:

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
But I do like being around her and talking to her, more than anyone else.

That's one of many factors of love isn't it? I can't picture myself with anyone else, even if she does piss me off...

Curmudgeon

i once read that "Love is friendship set on fire"

I'm not going to speak in absolutes, as I don't believe in such things, but most of the successful couples I know that have been happily together for 10 20 30 years are compatible on a deep level. so you have to ask yourself if the things that annoy or even infuriate you are worth keeping the relationship afloat. But if you cannot implicitly trust her, that is the shakiest of foundations.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
people are actually still together for that long? That's a shocker. Most people leave when there is something they don't like about the other person.

True, I can't trust her, so maybe there's no hope for it, but I try to keep it together, she does too, unless that's a facade. Sometimes I think it is. It's just hard to say for cetain about many things because I'm worried that all it is, is overreaction to the simplist of things. She's my first true love, and apparently I am to her as well. And so I'm new to the whole relationship thing...

Curmudgeon

most people aren't. The average marriage in America poops out in about 7 years. It's a testament to how difficult relationships are. There are no guarantees. Even if you are in love, it doesn't mean you will be forever. Stars explode, people die, and relationships end. The universe is a random, chaotic, terrifying place. I'd rather not make the trip alone.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
most people aren't. The average marriage in America poops out in about 7 years. It's a testament to how difficult relationships are. There are no guarantees. Even if you are in love, it doesn't mean you will be forever. Stars explode, people die, and relationships end. The universe is a random, chaotic, terrifying place. I'd rather not make the trip alone.

I absolutely agree, and I have this sort of feeling in regards to relationships, as I want this one to be my only one, we made it clear on that. The world is too screwed to live life and handle things by yourself, you always need that personal touch, someone to love and be loved in return.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

Mhm, that's the fickle nature of love. It exists, but it can be taken away as soon as it's given. For that reason, I choose not to be subscribed to love of human beings, or rather, not to be overattached to human beings because they can be quite erratic at times. Yes, it's best to delve into the world with a partner (or partnerS if that's your thing), but sometimes you have to put more stock into yourself than the people around you. :yes:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Am I In Love? No. I don't have time to fall in love with someone. It's a waste of time for me right now to fall in love with someone. So, no, I'm not in love with nobody right now.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I'm in love with Radiohead...
...well, figuratively. I think they've managed to create the most beautiful and incredible sounds perceiveable by the human ear, making them the greatest band history has ever known... but I can't say I'm in love with it, per se.

In all seriousness, I'm in the same boat as Pancake. I'm in "like". I'm only fifteen, so I don't really have any idea what true love is like, and I've never actually been n any sort of romantic relationship before, so I can't really say much about love from a personal standpoint.

bunny

birb overlord
I'm not in love currently, but I was about 9 months ago.

When I think about it now, I can tell that the whole relationship was set up badly, but I was too young to see that, then. I was only 14; I still can't believe I even agreed to date this guy. Basically, we had just met, and he hit up the question. Sorta like, "Hey, wanna go out?" To be honest, I think I was just giving into pressure at the time, but eventually I really did fall in love. I got really attached to this guy, and for awhile I thought he was attached to me, too. He cheated on me I don't know how many times, and I forgave him every single time. I didn't wanna lose him, and although he wasn't the first few times, eventually he was very obviously sorry for real. Later he did some things that I just couldn't put up with... and so I let him go. It was really hard, but I got over him.

It wasn't that long ago, but it feels like it happened years ago. I haven't been in love ever since. Obviously I have liked other guys, but I didn't say anything to them because... to be honest, I still just wanna be alone for now.

Now, if we are talking in love with anything, I'm currently in love with: drawing, apple pie, Naruto --particularly Itachi, Adventure Time, and loads of other stuff. =p

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I'm not in love currently, but I was about 9 months ago.

When I think about it now, I can tell that the whole relationship was set up badly, but I was too young to see that, then. I was only 14; I still can't believe I even agreed to date this guy. Basically, we had just met, and he hit up the question. Sorta like, "Hey, wanna go out?" To be honest, I think I was just giving into pressure at the time, but eventually I really did fall in love. I got really attached to this guy, and for awhile I thought he was attached to me, too. He cheated on me I don't know how many times, and I forgave him every single time. I didn't wanna lose him, and although he wasn't the first few times, eventually he was very obviously sorry for real. Later he did some things that I just couldn't put up with... and so I let him go. It was really hard, but I got over him.

It wasn't that long ago, but it feels like it happened years ago. I haven't been in love ever since. Obviously I have liked other guys, but I didn't say anything to them because... to be honest, I still just wanna be alone for now.

Now, if we are talking in love with anything, I'm currently in love with: drawing, apple pie, Naruto --particularly Itachi, Adventure Time, and loads of other stuff. =p

You're only 15, you need not worry about love my dear :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom