• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Are You Happy About The World Map?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
In today's treehouse live footage, we got to see the world map screen, which allows us to depart on battle scenarios, smith weapons, cook meals, complete sidequests, and so on. Are you happy with the way they're doing this?

Personally, I find this a lot better than the level select screens on HW. It's like the adventure maps on steroids, and it also seems like the main way we interact with the game. It seems very interactive and there's so much space for so many missions. I think it looks very promising. I'm excited to dive into it.

What about you guys? Are you happy with how they set this up, or did you want to see something else?

I really like the way they're using Breath of the Wild's map. It gives the map a nice sense of immersion and player engagement. I wish that there were more open-ended exploration, but I'm glad that we have things like blacksmiths (and that the blacksmiths have names).

Robbie fan club
I love the map, just adds more 'Breath of the wild'-ness to the game. I can see it becoming kinda cluttered and annoying to navigate in late game, but hopefully there will be a way to filter icons

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh hell yes! I like it so far. But like Quote said it can become a bit cluttered the further you go. So hopefully they'll add something to it so you can filter things. I do like how everything appears and how you can help people out and get something in return. I like this better than in HW. I felt a bit sad though that I wasn't able to travel to Zora etc. The demo told me I needed to buy the actual game and boy I was like dammit why can't the game be released already :P

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Oh hell yes! I like it so far. But like Quote said it can become a bit cluttered the further you go. So hopefully they'll add something to it so you can filter things. I do like how everything appears and how you can help people out and get something in return. I like this better than in HW. I felt a bit sad though that I wasn't able to travel to Zora etc. The demo told me I needed to buy the actual game and boy I was like dammit why can't the game be released already :P
In the demo you can use the trigger buttons to go to lists of services, quests, story chapters, etc. So the option to filter is there somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom