• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Are you happy about an ARMS rep as the first fighter of the second pass?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
It was announced in today's Nintendo Direct Mini that the next fighter in Super Smash bros Ultimate (as part of the second Fighters Pass) will be a representative from ARMS.

When asked in the past about an ARMS rep in Smash Ultimate, Sakurai said that the roster was finalised before ARMS had finished development.

So perhaps this was always inevitable.

But are you happy about it?

Were you looking forward to an ARMS rep?
Who do you want the rep to be?

Or are you not happy about it and would rather have had a third party character/character from another Nintendo IP?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I mean, I always prefer the inclusion of more third party characters, but at least it isn't another damn Fire Emblem sword fighter.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Very happy to hear it, and it gives me faith that Nintendo is still willing to give the Arms series the chance it deserves. I'm curious on who will be the fighter they pick since Spring Man is already an assist trophy, and it'd be sort of interesting if they fleshed out his assist trophy into a full character.... I have a few assist trophies that I'd like to be turned full fledged fighters..... *cough* *cough* Zero *cough*

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It's a far better announcement than the last one, but the character will need to be revealed before passing judgment. Arms just feels like a good match all around, though, and no matter who gets in it'll make for a some engaging match ups. Something tells me that, with the two/three additional months of development, they could pull a DQ Hero stunt and unveil four Arms reps each with their own gimmick. That would be the icing on the cake for people who are fans of the untapped potential of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom